Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yeah! Finally....A Real "Support" Group
KiddieCahoots 04:39 PM 03-27-2014
So happy I found this support chat forum today! Have been a child care provider for 14 years, worked with family resources, and made many friends along the way. Recently, for the first time, a friend and I joined a support group in my area. Turned out to be nothing but a remake of the movie "Mean Girls"!
I was completely shocked to witness a bunch of grown woman bully each other to try and be in charge, be non inviting to new comers, and forget the common bond and goal.... I'm embarrassed for them, as they do nothing to embody the word "Support".
Just scrolling through a few of the post here, I can see true support! Thank you...you've given me new hope as to what a support group should be
llpa 04:44 PM 03-27-2014
I am fairly new here but have learned a lot! This is an awesome group with much to share! Glad you found it
daycare 04:49 PM 03-27-2014
welcome to the form...

lots of wonderful people here and tons of support along with wonderful ideas, thoughts and advise.

I talk alot, as you can see by my post count, but I never really have anything clever to say. this form has been my saving grace.......
Second Home 05:10 PM 03-27-2014
I too am so happy to have found this forum . There have been so many days that make me want to quit . I know that some of the problems come from me not enforcing my policies etc... but sometimes you just need to hear things from others who have been there and done that and see how things have worked out for them .

I am glad that you found this forum too , a great place to share resources and a place where others understand just what day care providers go through.
Cynthia 05:33 PM 03-27-2014
If I had not found this form I don't think I would have gotten my license. They answer your questions or you can find a post with all kind of advise.
Sugar Magnolia 08:47 PM 03-27-2014
Welcome
craftymissbeth 08:50 PM 03-27-2014
I've been here for almost 2 years, but there's no way I would be as successful as I've been from a business perspective if it weren't for the forum. I knew what to expect right off the bat.

I spend so much time on here it's ridiculous
KidGrind 08:54 PM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
welcome to the form...

lots of wonderful people here and tons of support along with wonderful ideas, thoughts and advise.

I talk alot, as you can see by my post count, but I never really have anything clever to say. this form has been my saving grace.......
Not true at all, you’ve been clever.
countrymom 06:56 AM 03-28-2014
welcome. Acually there is a group in my area that are the same way. So much so that they dare each other on who is going to call the ministry on certain daycares to report them. Nice eh!
Blackcat31 07:09 AM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
So happy I found this support chat forum today! Have been a child care provider for 14 years, worked with family resources, and made many friends along the way. Recently, for the first time, a friend and I joined a support group in my area. Turned out to be nothing but a remake of the movie "Mean Girls"!
I was completely shocked to witness a bunch of grown woman bully each other to try and be in charge, be non inviting to new comers, and forget the common bond and goal.... I'm embarrassed for them, as they do nothing to embody the word "Support".
Just scrolling through a few of the post here, I can see true support! Thank you...you've given me new hope as to what a support group should be
Welcome to the forum!!

Glad you found us!
NoMoreJuice! 02:11 PM 03-28-2014
This is the most amazing site! Loads of experience, advice, support, camaraderie, etc.

HOWEVER...if you're like me, you'll soon be wishing for a daycare.com forum anonymous group. I'm addicted pretty badly.

Hi, my name is NoMoreJuice! and it's been 2.4 seconds since my last log in...
Michael 02:19 PM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
I've been here for almost 2 years, but there's no way I would be as successful as I've been from a business perspective if it weren't for the forum. I knew what to expect right off the bat.

I spend so much time on here it's ridiculous
And you can deduct the time spend on the forum on your tax return.

Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
This is the most amazing site! Loads of experience, advice, support, camaraderie, etc.

HOWEVER...if you're like me, you'll soon be wishing for a daycare.com forum anonymous group. I'm addicted pretty badly.

Hi, my name is NoMoreJuice! and it's been 2.4 seconds since my last log in...
Very clever you.....
Tags:daycare.com
Reply Up