Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is it a Preschool? Daycare? Both?
Unregistered 03:16 PM 12-30-2010
I'm hoping to start a preschool (daycare?) soon and was wondering what I should call it. I already have the name chosen, I just don't know whether to call it a preschool or daycare or both. It will be for children ages 3-5, with the main focus on Kindergarten readiness. It will be an all day thing, so parents don't have to find daycare after their child gets done at Preschool. So it's basically a daycare, but I want only preschool age. I am considering allowing school agers in the afternoons and school hoildays, also, so that they don't have to go to a seperate daycare than their younger sibling. But if the name on my sign says "Preschool/Daycare" I'm sure I'll get calls for younger children. I'd like it to be clear to them from the very moment they see my sign that I focus and specialize in preschoolers. No wasted phone calls. But I'm afraid if I just call it preschool they'll think it's only a half day thing and not daycare also, and so I'd only get calls for part time children.
Does anyone here do preschool age only, and if so, what do you consider it? Do you get a lot of calls for the wrong age, or only part time, etc?

Also, if you have any suggestions for opening this daycare (preschool?), let me know. I'm pretty much in the dark on how to start out. I know I need parent handbooks (policies), and contracts and all that, but the actual opening it...like when should I start advertising? How will I know before I open if there will be enough children to enroll? This will be in a seperate house than my own (because there's just simply no way I could watch children in my own, even for a little while), so I need enough children to pay the rent and untilities the first month, and all that extra stuff.
Tags:contracts, handbook, naming your business, policies, preschool
Up