Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Confront parent when kid says their not coming anymore?
Peaches 01:49 PM 07-30-2015
One of my DCK said she has 2 more weeks then she's not coming anymore. not sure what to do with this information. I don't know if she is confused and meaning days until weekend...Or what. Should I confront the parents or just wait it out.
midaycare 02:19 PM 07-30-2015
Originally Posted by Peaches:
One of my DCK said she has 2 more weeks then she's not coming anymore. not sure what to do with this information. I don't know if she is confused and meaning days until weekend...Or what. Should I confront the parents or just wait it out.
Wait it out. But definitely pay attention and see if Dcf mentions anything weird.
Snowmom 02:59 PM 07-30-2015
I think it would depend on a few things:
1. How old is the child?
2. What's your relationship with the family like?
3. Have they ever mentioned formal preschool before?
4. Are they late a lot...maybe looking for different hours?

I've had a 4 year old say something similar before- but it was April and the mom was a teacher so I already knew she was leaving in June. But, to the child, she was excited since Mom mentioned what she would be doing all summer.
Thriftylady 03:13 PM 07-30-2015
I agree it depends on the child and such. She may have really heard that or mis heard something.
e.j. 04:16 PM 07-30-2015
I would just ask the parents directly. "So dcg mentioned she was leaving in 2 weeks. Is there any truth to that rumor? I need to know one way or another so I can plan accordingly." They'll either confirm (and you can remind them of your policy on giving notice) or deny and you'll at least be updated on their plans. Hopefully, dcg is just confused.
Reply Up