Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Have A Family Taking Me Seriously!
Sunchimes 11:54 AM 10-31-2018
I have always made a big deal about my handbook with new parents, stressing the pick up, drop off, and fees due. After some tough parents, I have finally found a good, respectful group of parents. Sometimes, they forget the check that morning, but they have been with me for years, so I don't worry. They bring it that evening, or sometimes at lunch. They pay for an extra hour a day, just in case they have to work late. They may use it once or twice a year! I started a new one last spring, first time parents, only daycare has been grandparents until now. We had a few incidents on drop off time, payments in FULL, etc, but I was stern, explained how things work again, and gave them another chance. It worked!!! They text me if they are going to be a few minutes late. A family member usually picks up 30 minutes early, and if he can't do that, they apologize for having to pick up on time! They got caught in a flooded road and were afraid they were going be late (they weren't) and called in a panic. If they are going to pick up early, they call and ask permission!! I think they are scared of me!!! Today, I got a text from grandma asking if they could pick up the child early next week, with a long explanation of why they wanted to do so. I am loving this! But, I have explained to everyone that the drop off/pick up times are the outside parameters. It is perfectly ok to drop off late or pick up early!!! Perfectly fine!!!
knoxmomof2 06:04 PM 10-31-2018
Congrats! I'm there too this year. It's great!!! One couple even ASKS ME for advice since they're first time parents. Most of my previous parents were either older and self assured about their parenting choices or younger and didn't give things too much thought.. Haha
Gemma 04:40 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I have always made a big deal about my handbook with new parents, stressing the pick up, drop off, and fees due. After some tough parents, I have finally found a good, respectful group of parents. Sometimes, they forget the check that morning, but they have been with me for years, so I don't worry. They bring it that evening, or sometimes at lunch. They pay for an extra hour a day, just in case they have to work late. They may use it once or twice a year! I started a new one last spring, first time parents, only daycare has been grandparents until now. We had a few incidents on drop off time, payments in FULL, etc, but I was stern, explained how things work again, and gave them another chance. It worked!!! They text me if they are going to be a few minutes late. A family member usually picks up 30 minutes early, and if he can't do that, they apologize for having to pick up on time! They got caught in a flooded road and were afraid they were going be late (they weren't) and called in a panic. If they are going to pick up early, they call and ask permission!! I think they are scared of me!!! Today, I got a text from grandma asking if they could pick up the child early next week, with a long explanation of why they wanted to do so. I am loving this! But, I have explained to everyone that the drop off/pick up times are the outside parameters. It is perfectly ok to drop off late or pick up early!!! Perfectly fine!!!
This is how it should be with all families!
I for one want to thank you, and every other provider that like yourself put their foot down and demand respect for their policies, the more family get the message the better!
DaveA 05:51 AM 11-01-2018

Blackcat31 06:02 AM 11-01-2018
That is so awesome!!

This job can be enjoyable if we aren't having to stress so much about the business end of things....

So happy to hear you've got your groove on!!!
sharlan 09:17 AM 11-01-2018
Shocking, isn't it?

I have one family that follows every rule to the t. The other one breaks every rule.
Ac114 09:28 AM 11-01-2018
Yay! It’s nice when you get good families! I don’t take infants but this family contacted me, I felt like we connected through our phone calls and decided to interview. They are first time parents of twin 6 months old. I was very hesitant but they were perfect daycare parents even before I decided to take them on. So far things have gone so smoothly and I’m glad that I chose great parents over not wanting to deal with infants. The babes are adorable and relatively easy. Not to mention she made the cutest Pinterest worthy Halloween bags for all my other daycare kids because she was exited for her babies first Halloween party!

I hope to get to a point where all my families are this easy. I have a mixture but the bad ones make this gig really hard.
Ariana 11:34 AM 11-01-2018
Me too for tne most part and it is no small feat and something YOU should be proud of. It is because of YOU taking yourself seriously that they are now doing it!

Tags:good parents
Reply Up