Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Children's Day
kidkair 03:50 AM 12-21-2010
At my day care we celebrate Children's Day rather than any of the numerous religious holidays. It's a day all the kids come and we have a little party, some new toys are brought out, and they leave with a little gift bag and a surprise gift for parents. Today the schools are closed so if I get one kid I'll be surprised. Guess we'll just have to postpone Children's Day. I'm now (6:30am) off to shovel so my walking clients may be able to come if they want.
DCMomOf3 04:58 AM 12-21-2010
Awe, all the prep and potentally no party, that's too bad! But it would be nice to have a quite morning.
kidkair 05:59 AM 12-21-2010
Yes a quiet morning equated to shoveling 6 inches of snow for an hour and then recovering for another hour before my first client made it here. My arms, legs, and back are all very sore and tired. So glad to have shoveled a bit last night or it would have been 2 inches deeper. It's times like these I rethink my decision on getting a corner lot.
KEG123 06:32 AM 12-21-2010
Yeah and you're in MN too. You should have known better :P
Blackcat31 06:42 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by kidkair:
Yes a quiet morning equated to shoveling 6 inches of snow for an hour and then recovering for another hour before my first client made it here. My arms, legs, and back are all very sore and tired. So glad to have shoveled a bit last night or it would have been 2 inches deeper. It's times like these I rethink my decision on getting a corner lot.
How bad is the snow over there? We only got about 6 inches total but now I look outside and it is coming down again!! (I am 85 miles northwest of you) It is beautiful though! My mom headed that way around 6 a.m. for a funeral so I was a bit worried about travel since you guys always have the lake effect thing going on....
kidkair 07:04 AM 12-21-2010
I'm on the hillside. We got about 8 inches and it's coming down again. Up on the top of the hill they have about 10 inches so far. Visibility is low. There is no way I would drive. I tried hard to get one of my clients to stay home. I suggested she stick to main roads and walk the block in to my house but she didn't listen. She ended up getting stuck half way up the hill on a side street. To top it off her kid has a bad cold and probably should have stayed home anyway. My other client walks less than a block and her parents can work from home so I wasn't too surprised that she still came. Thankfully my other two didn't fight the weather so I know they are safe.

I hope your mom drives slow and has four wheel drive because anything less would suck.

You're right it is beautiful. I enjoyed it very much last night. It's warm (25) so we are going to go out and play for a bit.
kidkair 07:08 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by KEG123:
Yeah and you're in MN too. You should have known better :P
I know. The house was just so cool! The other house that I wanted would have been worse. It was farther off main roads and on a steeper hill. Come to think of it my top three houses were all corner lots. What was I thinking?! Oh yeah: Big Yards!
Blackcat31 07:10 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by kidkair:
I'm on the hillside. We got about 8 inches and it's coming down again. Up on the top of the hill they have about 10 inches so far. Visibility is low. There is no way I would drive. I tried hard to get one of my clients to stay home. I suggested she stick to main roads and walk the block in to my house but she didn't listen. She ended up getting stuck half way up the hill on a side street. To top it off her kid has a bad cold and probably should have stayed home anyway. My other client walks less than a block and her parents can work from home so I wasn't too surprised that she still came. Thankfully my other two didn't fight the weather so I know they are safe.

I hope your mom drives slow and has four wheel drive because anything less would suck.

You're right it is beautiful. I enjoyed it very much last night. It's warm (25) so we are going to go out and play for a bit.
Thankfully, she just called.....she got to about Warba and changed her mind...she headed back home!! I did want to do some last minute shopping on Thursday there so I hope all is well by then... Thanks for the update.
kidkair 07:11 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Thankfully, she just called.....she got to about Warba and changed her mind...she headed back home!! I did want to do some last minute shopping on Thursday there so I hope all is well by then... Thanks for the update.
Oh good. It should be good by Thursday. We've got good clean up crews they just need the snow to stop first.
SandeeAR 07:45 AM 12-21-2010
Do I make you guys wish you were in Arkansas now.....It will be 67 today.
Blackcat31 07:48 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
Do I make you guys wish you were in Arkansas now.....It will be 67 today.
NOPE! The snow is absolutely beautiful and it seriously looks like a postcard Christmas here! I LOVE MN weather! We get a little of each season and when you start to get sick of it, then the season changes and you're on to the next.....wouldn't change it for anything!!
SandeeAR 07:51 AM 12-21-2010
NOPE! The snow is absolutely beautiful and it seriously looks like a postcard Christmas here! I LOVE MN weather! We get a little of each season and when you start to get sick of it, then the season changes and you're on to the next.....wouldn't change it for anything!!
I like snow. Would love to have 6-12 inches once or twice a year, but that is all. I don't think I could stand dealing with it all winter.
Blackcat31 07:55 AM 12-21-2010
I like snow. Would love to have 6-12 inches once or twice a year, but that is all. I don't think I could stand dealing with it all winter.
My dad is currently in Clarkesville, Arkansas right now on his way south because he hates winter because it is so long and he is retired so he heads south every winter...

The winters do get long sometimes but my DH and I are avid snowmobiler's so having so much snow this year compared to last year is exciting and will make winter go much quicker!...and be alot more fun!!
kidkair 09:25 AM 12-21-2010
I too wouldn't give up today for 67 degree weather. It's absolutely beautiful out! We finally got to go play outside! The kids had a blast but have been whinny since we got in. I think they played too hard and are tired and hungry and can't wait patiently for lunch. I spent another hour shoveling. This time is was to move piles in the yard so that we can pile the snow from the sidewalks in the fence again without it becoming a 8 foot pile.
SandeeAR 09:42 AM 12-21-2010
My dad is currently in Clarkesville, Arkansas right now on his way south because he hates winter because it is so long and he is retired so he heads south every winter...

He is about an hour from me. I'm in Conway.
laundrymom 10:13 AM 12-21-2010
He is about an hour from me. I'm in Conway.
I went to school with a guy who moved away to conway in like 8th grade,.. he was cool, could ride a skateboard and everything, lol
Missani 10:43 AM 12-21-2010
Yay for playing outside in the new snow! It's so nice out there today! All of those days inside were giving us a bit of cabin fever and we had a blast!
kidkair 11:51 AM 12-22-2010
We got another inch or so last night. I was out shoveling nice and early again so that everything but the car was clear by 7:30am. I left the car for my husband since he's the one who needed it. My whole body is so sore from all the shoveling but I'm so glad I was able to do it. One of my clients is not so snow savvy and got stuck in her driveway this morning and had to have a tow truck help her out. At least the roads are clearer today and traveling is not as dangerous. I just hope we don't have ice every where tomorrow.
Tags:children's day, christmas, religious holiday
Reply Up