Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I adore this kiddo already!
Heidi 05:51 AM 08-12-2015
New boy (2 next week) started today. Mom and I expected a lot of drama, but nothing! He's playing independently, took off his own shoes (and socks), and hasn't had a single complaint in the first 45 minutes of being here. Mom says she always makes him try things first before she does them for him.

He even offers toys to the other child who's here! Seriously...he SHARES!

Seriously, can we clone these people????
daycarediva 05:58 AM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by Heidi:
New boy (2 next week) started today. Mom and I expected a lot of drama, but nothing! He's playing independently, took off his own shoes (and socks), and hasn't had a single complaint in the first 45 minutes of being here. Mom says she always makes him try things first before she does them for him.

My brand new 2 starting FT when Mom returns to school/teacher is the same way. She's a peach! LOVE HER!
Rockgirl 06:20 AM 08-12-2015
That is great! And kudos to dcm for having him try things.
safechner 08:15 AM 08-12-2015
LOL.. This is exactly like my son (He just turned 2 years old). He is a very sweet kid!

Originally Posted by Heidi:

mamamanda 10:19 AM 08-12-2015
That's so wonderful! Happy for you!
nothingwithoutjoy 02:03 PM 08-12-2015
That's great. The best part of my day was my new just-barely-2-year-old, too. She started a few weeks ago, and is so great. She puts on her own shoes! Talks in descriptive full sentences. Asks clearly for what she wants. Sings all day with a smile. Focuses on something for 45 minutes at a time. Ahhhh.... (now if we could just get back the naptime crying trauma...but it's worth it for all the rest).
Heidi 03:16 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
That's great. The best part of my day was my new just-barely-2-year-old, too. She started a few weeks ago, and is so great. She puts on her own shoes! Talks in descriptive full sentences. Asks clearly for what she wants. Sings all day with a smile. Focuses on something for 45 minutes at a time. Ahhhh.... (now if we could just get back the naptime crying trauma...but it's worth it for all the rest).
Yeah, nap didn't go so well. Otherwise, he's a peach. I think tomorrow, he will be sleeping in another area. Dang...
nothingwithoutjoy 04:40 PM 08-12-2015
Just remember the delightful other stuff. Nap'll come.
Stephnrich 05:42 PM 08-12-2015
That makes for such a Great day (well minus nap). Fingers crossed he gets that down for you.
Reply Up