Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Children

Okay, So I have a major question, Here in Louisiana, You can keep up to 6 children at one time, But I have 4 part-timers that come on the weekends, and during the middle of the day while my before/after schools are at school...Am I going to have a problem at tax season, since I will be giving a Form to 5 parents?
Old 09-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Daycare Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCrawfishCC View Post
Okay, So I have a major question, Here in Louisiana, You can keep up to 6 children at one time, But I have 4 part-timers that come on the weekends, and during the middle of the day while my before/after schools are at school...Am I going to have a problem at tax season, since I will be giving a Form to 5 parents?
Shouldn't be a problem. I generally always have children that share spaces - all that licensing is generally concerned with are children on site at any given time. As far as taxes it won't be an issue:-)

And with children in your home on weekends too - that's going to push your time/space % very much in your favor
Old 09-26-2011, 05:48 AM
Daycare.com Member

That is good to know, I am soooo confused about all these things with taxes and time/space %...and write offs and all...I a trying to keep receipts of everything...I REALLY hope my tax person/bookkeper knows what he is doing, Hopefully he will because my husband works offshore and he has been dealing with his crazyness for 9 years.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Business Author/Trainer

Default tax issues

As long as you report the income from these children, you won't have a problem with the IRS, since you are in compliance with state law. As long as you are in compliance you can deduct all normal business expenses.

Tags
part time care, weekend care