Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>PT Rate Question
jenboo 06:14 PM 04-16-2016
My base rate is $180 a week for m-f 7am until 5pm.
I'm willing to work outside of these hours for an extra fee.
What do you think I should charge someone for m-w 615am-615pm.

Should I charge based on hrs per week. Or charge my 3 day rate plus $20 extra for the two extra hours?

Or do you have other ideas?
Unregistered 07:17 PM 04-16-2016
I would NOT charge based on hours per week, being that you are providing 2 hrs extra each day for one family only. I would charge your daily rate x3 (which is hopefully more than 1/5 of your weekly rate) plus an hourly rate for the early drop off and late pick-up.
With all of the talk lately of $15/hr minimum wage, make that hourly rate worth your while. Child care providers should not receive bottom of the barrel pay.
jenboo 07:45 PM 04-16-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I would NOT charge based on hours per week, being that you are providing 2 hrs extra each day for one family only. I would charge your daily rate x3 (which is hopefully more than 1/5 of your weekly rate) plus an hourly rate for the early drop off and late pick-up.
With all of the talk lately of $15/hr minimum wage, make that hourly rate worth your while. Child care providers should not receive bottom of the barrel pay.
Our minimum wage is $7.25 and I don't see it going up.

Other families can have care outside of 7-5. Those are just my ideal hours that i will eventually work towards so they the cheapest.
LysesKids 08:03 PM 04-16-2016
Originally Posted by jenboo:
My base rate is $180 a week for m-f 7am until 5pm.
I'm willing to work outside of these hours for an extra fee.
What do you think I should charge someone for m-w 615am-615pm.

Should I charge based on hrs per week. Or charge my 3 day rate plus $20 extra for the two extra hours?

Or do you have other ideas?
I have a child 12 hrs a day 5 days each week now... I took my flat rate 50 hr rate , figured out what it would be per hour & doubled it for the 2 extra hrs daily... adds up to 10hrs week extra; it's only a dollar less per hour than my pre-approved OT rate so parents don't feel they are getting ripped off (especially since dad picks up within 1.5 hrs half the time), but still gives me enough extra compensation. This child is my easy child and I know neither parent got a raise with their promotions so it helps all of us all around. MY PT rate is limited to 2 days ( 20 hrs), so I'm no help for a 3 day week
Mike 08:06 PM 04-16-2016
With a weekly rate of $180, for 3 longer days, I would say charge in the $150 area. No less than $140.
CityGarden 01:34 PM 04-17-2016
I would charge them your three day rate plus an hourly rate (i.e. $10 per hour) for the time the need before and aftercare.
Tags:contracted hours, part time rate
Reply Up