Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>VENT: Why can't people be on TIME? YEESH!
MaritimeMummy 03:03 AM 08-08-2012
DCM told me in an email earlier this week that today would be an earlier day, Full-time DCG would be dropped off at 7am.

When DCD picked her up yesterday, he looked very apologetic and asked if it would be possible to bring her earlier than that, at 6:30, due to a conflict in his wife's work and his work. Just one time. I agreed.

Anyway, lo and behold, it's 7:05 and still not here. I've had myself up since 6am when I could have been in bed cuddling my 14-month-old DS who has had stomach pains all night.

I am NOT a happy camper!!!
Truly Scrumptious 03:49 AM 08-08-2012
Anytime I have a parent that asks for early care...I always tell them that if I'm ready for them at 6:30, then they better be there at 6:30. And they have to pay an early fee.
I have had them to run late...but I don't let more than 5 min. pass before I'm calling to find out where they are. There's no excuse for not showing up on time..or for not calling to say they are running behind.
countrymom 04:25 AM 08-08-2012
that stinks. I think he just used up his one chance card.
MaritimeMummy 05:44 AM 08-08-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
that stinks. I think he just used up his one chance card.
Yeah, pretty much. DCG didn't actually come until 7:30, so even 30 minutes later than even her mother had said she'd come. I didn't say anything to DCD but I will be mentioning it to DCM.

I need to be telling my parents that arrival times do not equal free-for-all arrivals. Sure I'm open at 7 but that doesn't mean you can say you'll arrive at 7 and then not show up until 7:30.

DCG's arrival schedule for this week alternates 9am and 7am. I'd be equally as PO'd if she didn't arrive until 9:30 when she said she was coming at 9.

Wondering if you guys would be able to suggest wording for stating this to parents...I have 3 parents. This "rule" would apply to 2 of these parents. The 3rd parent is my cousin and I am a little more lax with her.
cheerfuldom 05:50 AM 08-08-2012
yup, charge them
Blackcat31 06:45 AM 08-08-2012
If I made an exception and agreed to take a child earlier than normal, I would definitely charge an extra fee for this service.

Then if the parent/child doesn't show up, I would simply enjoy and extra quiet morning and enjoying the extra pay for actually doing nothing.

I guess the way I see it is if you are being paid for this extra time and if they aren't using it, then oh well.....you aren't out anything.
JenNJ 07:06 AM 08-08-2012
I hope you charge for extra hours!

If I am up early and no one shows, at least I got paid to listen to the radio and eat breakfast in peace.
juliebug 08:06 AM 08-08-2012
Yep charge for early morning I have an it's amazing how they really don't need it if you charge or the pay and are there early
Reply Up