Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Cool Is This?!
AfterSchoolMom 08:01 AM 07-10-2013
I was just on Pinterest and came across this. How amazing would this be? Of course, it would be a pain to sanitize...

http://bubbaliciousballpits.com.au/p...tunnel-add-ons

daycare 08:25 AM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
I was just on Pinterest and came across this. How amazing would this be? Of course, it would be a pain to sanitize...

very cool but those balls gross me out...lol
Starburst 08:28 AM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
very cool but those balls gross me out...lol
Everytime I see a ball pit I think of those old rumors about the ball pits at Chuck E. Cheese having used junky needles. But I guess if its in an isolated backyard that most likley wont happen, I would just put a tarp on it at night so animals don't wander in. I thought about doing something like this with kiddy pools.
krosey5 08:37 AM 07-10-2013
Looks like a TON of fun!!

(agree that it'd be tricky to keep clean).
Blackcat31 08:40 AM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:

That is really awesome!

Currently I have all my balls in a blow up swimming pool for the littles...... I found a clearance sale at Target not too long ago and bought 15 bags (with 250 balls each) for less than $50.

I have giant waffle blocks and my dck's tried making an enclosure for them but it didn't work very well.

Then I tried using just a PNP but it wasn't big enough (the balls over flowed) and only one kid at a time could fit in it.

I tried talking my DH into building a permanent enclosure in one of my rooms for them but he just hasn't got the time lately so I just bought a blow up kiddie pool instead. Works fantastic!
Laurel 08:43 AM 07-10-2013
I can't get the picture to come up but generally I'm not a fan of ball pits either. I always worry about what could be in there besides balls and I wouldn't want to clean them all.

I saw an idea somewhere once where someone put them in a Pack 'n Play and used them indoors. The only problem is I don't know how much weight one holds for older toddlers.

Laurel
Hunni Bee 10:44 AM 07-10-2013
If they're outside do you really have to sanitize them?

I think I'd be more worried about critters living in them...but I love it.
Familycare71 10:53 AM 07-10-2013
Looks like so much fun!!!! And great idea about the inflatable pool with balls
Lyss 11:03 AM 07-10-2013
Big public ball pits freak me out but not small personal/daycare ones. I think this one looks really cool!!

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That is really awesome!

Currently I have all my balls in a blow up swimming pool for the littles...... I found a clearance sale at Target not too long ago and bought 15 bags (with 250 balls each) for less than $50.

I have giant waffle blocks and my dck's tried making an enclosure for them but it didn't work very well.

Then I tried using just a PNP but it wasn't big enough (the balls over flowed) and only one kid at a time could fit in it.

I tried talking my DH into building a permanent enclosure in one of my rooms for them but he just hasn't got the time lately so I just bought a blow up kiddie pool instead. Works fantastic!
I have the kiddie pool with balls too! DCKs totally LOVE it!

Occasionally Ill throw the balls in our utility room sink with bleach water (I throw a towel over them to sink them if need be) just to clean them up a bit and hose out the pool. I've never found anything nasty!
Moppetland 11:05 AM 07-10-2013
I love your idea. Just was thinking about how I can make one. I'm using yours

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That is really awesome!

daycarediva 11:10 AM 07-10-2013
NEAT!

I have a few bags of those balls and will toss them in the bouncy house on occasion, I have tried letting the kids have them but they get tossed out of whatever I have them in.
Scout 11:57 AM 07-10-2013
I was terrified of these growing up! Now I would love to jump in one!
spud912 02:34 PM 07-10-2013
Oh this brings back so many great memories of playing in ball pits before they were virtually eliminated! There used to be so many cool things to play in and on back in the day. Granted, they weren't exactly "safe," but we survived haha!
sharlan 04:51 PM 07-10-2013
I remember talking to a guy that cleaned the balls for McD's years ago. He said that he took them to the Laundromat and put them in the front load washers with bleach.
daycare 05:34 PM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I remember talking to a guy that cleaned the balls for McD's years ago. He said that he took them to the Laundromat and put them in the front load washers with bleach.
that is such a smart idea......
countrymom 06:23 PM 07-10-2013
I think I'm going to drag in a pool and do this. Its just been so yucky with all the rain and now misquitos that we really can't go outside.
Lyss 08:29 PM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Awesome idea!
Tags:ball pits, balls
Reply Up