Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Would You Handle This?
Country Kids 01:28 PM 07-19-2012
This last handbook I stated that I would be taking 3 weeks vacation,Listed Federal Holidays,5 sick/personal days.

So in the years time I took 2 weeks vacation time but we weren't able to do anything either time because of sickness in the family that the childcare brought in.

I also took my 5 sick/personal days and had to take an additional 4 days because I kept getting sick from the daycare kids.

In my mind I was thinking of just saying that those 4 days would be my last week of vacation days. Is this how you would do it? I'm pretty bummed though because we had no down/vacation time this whole year. My kids are pretty bummed too because we haven't gotten to do anything fun.
Truly Scrumptious 03:11 PM 07-19-2012
Looks like you have a specific number of days listed....so as a parent I'd say you've used them up...except one day.

I used to have a specific number listed, but I was questioned by a parent one time (actually this dcmom "voiced" her concerns to another parent and that parent told me), and at the time I had only used one of the three sick/personal/training days I had listed, but the parent that was concerned swore up and down that I had used them all. Well, first chance I got, I changed my contract to read that I get "Unlimited paid -sick/personal/training days each year giving as much notice as possible".

I do have a specific number of vacation days. I get 10 paid vacation days per year...but if anything comes up, I've got plenty of personal days I can take!
Country Kids 03:23 PM 07-19-2012
My hubs actually said to change it this year to how you word it. He said things happen even if you work outside the home and you sometimes have no controll on your health.

What is sad is I did have a parent question me on sick days for myself one month. Insisting I had used 1 or 2 more then I did. Had to show them where the other parents had all signed in. Their child didn't come here for that week due to something. They didn't want to pay for a couple days but my contract states-If I'm open you pay.
momma2girls 07:37 AM 07-20-2012
I added 2 sick/personal days in my contract in Jan. I had 2 seperate occasions when daycare families brought in H1N1 and Influenza A to myself and my family. I had to take 2 vac. days, because of it!!!
Reply Up