Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who Has President's Day off?
cherryhill 08:32 AM 02-15-2011
I have it off. I take 10 paid holidays. I used to take 14 I got rid of a few this year. Why do I feel bad for taking vacation days?
tenderhearts 08:37 AM 02-15-2011
I do but only because all of my families have it off, so it gave me another day off, unpaid but that's fine with me I wouldn't feel bad taking off time, we all need a break.
daycare 08:39 AM 02-15-2011
i am off paid. I dont feel bad. I offer a lot of services to my parents, like a free parents night out once a month for all of their children, enrolled or not. so I give them a break, they give me one.
I am also on the food program and they dont pay me on holidays, so if I were to open it would actually cost me money...
MommyMuffin 08:44 AM 02-15-2011
Me Me!!! I made sure to include all federal holidays in my paid days off. I just feel that it is a treat I must give myself!
MommyMuffin 08:47 AM 02-15-2011
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
Me Me!!! I made sure to include all federal holidays in my paid days off. I just feel that it is a treat I must give myself!
I do not feel bad for paid holidays, parents are notified way in advance. Let the kids hang out with grandparents, if they have them!

I feel bad for sick days, days I need to take on short notice and closing early...I avoid doing that at all costs...BUT I never feel bad for paid holidays!!
ninosqueridos 09:27 AM 02-15-2011
This year I added Pres Day as a paid day off. Do I feel bad? Yes, but only because my teacher daycare parents have school (because of snow days used, they now have school on that day). I have a family day planned with my own family - or else I would have thought of offering them care that day.
misol 09:34 AM 02-15-2011
I have it off paid. I don't feel bad taking paid holidays because they know before they sign up which holidays I will be closed. I do, however, always feel guilty about taking vacation days though.
Zoe 10:03 AM 02-15-2011
I don't have it off this year, but I'm thinking about changing that. My husband has it off and it always feels strange to have him home taking a break while I have to work! To make it easier, we're taking the kids ice skating for a nice change.

When my daughter starts kindergarten next year, I think I'm going to change my holidays to whatever she has off. That way I can have some quality time with my family!
jojosmommy 10:11 AM 02-15-2011
I have it off but will be attending a training to keep my teaching license current. I try not to feel bad about paid holidays but it always seems 1 person complains enough to give me guilt. I guess I should take it as a compliment that they don't want to leave my daycare but I always end up feeling guilty.

Does anyone have any families who regarless of how many times you tell them, and how many other options (including no cost back up daycare provided through their work) they refuse to find an alternate provider/back up plan? I have tried at least 15 times in the last year to give other providers #'s (even their old provider offered) to get this family to stop complaining when I take days off and yet they whine and whine everytime. They always end up taking the day off and then complaining about it to me like its my problem. And trust me, they have the money to pay someone else, or they could use the FREE back up option but yet it continues.....
Tags:holidays, national holidays, presidents day
Reply Up