Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Transportation Walking Agreement
jen1124 09:13 AM 08-18-2011
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I need so advice on something. I am a licensed home daycare who has a school-ager in my care who will need to walk to the bus stop since I can't transport to the school because of the amount of kids I have. My rep said I needed to make a Transportation Walking Agreement for this family for their child. I was wondering is anyone could lend some advice as to what this shall include in it???? The child wil be walking with my twin girls to the bus stop also. I told the parent that there may be days where I won't be able to walk to the bus stop with them. This is why I need to do an agreement. I just don't know what to put in it?? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!!!
familyschoolcare 09:56 AM 08-18-2011
This is what I came up with because I might need it.

I/We the parents of _____________________ give permission for our child to walk to the school bus from ABC day care this is a distance of about X blocks away. I/We understand that a representative of ABC may or may NOT walk with him/her. I/We further understand that other children may or may NOT walk with him/her.

parent signature ____________________________ Date __________

provider signature ____________________________ Date __________
Abigail 08:28 PM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
This is what I came up with because I might need it.

I/We the parents of _____________________ give permission for our child to walk to the school bus from ABC day care this is a distance of about X blocks away. I/We understand that a representative of ABC may or may NOT walk with him/her. I/We further understand that other children may or may NOT walk with him/her.

provider signature ____________________________ Date __________
This is wonderful. Do you think you will need to add specific locations, dates, and times? I would go as far as writing out the specific school bus company/city/school that their child is walking to and the street corners the bus picks them up at. I would add dates as simple as "For the duration of the 2011-2012 school year". If you can find out the specific bus phone numbers (what if the child doesn't get off the bus afterschool?) or also have the school address and phone number printed on the same paper so you have a fast reference if she doesn't show up when she was suppose to.

Just trying to think of all the "what if's" here, so many you should have a statement at the end saying "ABC DAYCARE can not be held responsible if child doesn't misses the bus to return to daycare" or have something that you will not be responsible to pick her up if she missed the bus.
familyschoolcare 09:20 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
This is wonderful. Do you think you will need to add specific locations, dates, and times? I would go as far as writing out the specific school bus company/city/school that their child is walking to and the street corners the bus picks them up at. I would add dates as simple as "For the duration of the 2011-2012 school year". If you can find out the specific bus phone numbers (what if the child doesn't get off the bus afterschool?) or also have the school address and phone number printed on the same paper so you have a fast reference if she doesn't show up when she was suppose to.

Just trying to think of all the "what if's" here, so many you should have a statement at the end saying "ABC DAYCARE can not be held responsible if child doesn't misses the bus to return to daycare" or have something that you will not be responsible to pick her up if she missed the bus.
I would not add information that you do not have direct control over.

1. I would not add a specific location B/C you have no control over wither or not the bus stop location changes.

2. As far as dates if you think it is necessary just add 2011/2012 schools day child is at ABC day care.

3. I would not add times either B/C like the bus stop location you have no control over wither or not they get changed. (Here where the bus stops after school was changed mid year have no idea why)

4. As for the name of the bus company and bus number again you have no control over wither or not this changes, I would simply state bus service provided by XYZ school district.

5. I can see putting the name of the school on the slip my contract says. "This care will include a ride to and from _________________school for _________________."

6. Don not know how it works where you are but here the bus driver is not allowed to let the children off the bus any where other than their assigned stop, so if A child does not get off the bus then it is B/C they did not get on it. Maybe add a clause about you not being responsible for a child that does not get on the bus or attach a fee if you have to go Fitch the child my contracts says. "Any additional trip/s to the school will result in a fee of up to $10." (I put this in so that if a parent wants my to pick their child after club meeting ABC then I would have money to pay my neighbor to do it.

I hope this info. helps I have not had to implement this as my street is in 1/2 that is 1/2 of the street goes to school ABC and is just far enough away that they qualify for free busing and the other 1/2 goes to school XYZ and does not qualify for busing as it is 5 blocks away. So far nobody has asked about my putting their child on the bus as I can take children to either schools as the start times are 25 min. apart and it only takes 10 min to get from one to the other.
wdmmom 09:31 AM 08-19-2011
I would also consider putting in there that if the child is not accompanied, you will not be responsible for any accident, trip, fall or anything else that might occur while walking to the bus stop or back.
familyschoolcare 09:39 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I would also consider putting in there that if the child is not accompanied, you will not be responsible for any accident, trip, fall or anything else that might occur while walking to the bus stop or back.
That is a good point.
Tags:transportation, transportation - walking agreement, transportation permission slip
Reply Up