Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>PHB, Contracts, Holding Fee, They Are All Gone
daycare 03:14 PM 03-17-2015
So about two weeks ago, my entire computer took a dump and I found out it was my hard drive. Which means all of my stuff I had was on it. All of my DC stuff. EVERYTHING....... I have some of it backed up, but most of it is not.

I have my open house coming up and have no holding fee agreements, no contracts and etc....

other than pulling out hard copies from my current daycare kids can someone please help me with holding fee agreement, contracts and anything else...

OMG I want to pull out my hair....
Thriftylady 03:17 PM 03-17-2015
That is why I try to print everything. But now I have it all on google docs in case that happens. I would so love to help you, but mine are probably horrible compared to yours! When I did daycare before in Kansas, all I had was a contract that didn't contain enough at all. In fact, I am not sure any providers I knew had a handbook. This time starting up I had the internet to help me! So much I didn't know about ways to make things better, and I still have so much to learn. I would love to actually see other people's handbook and contract, because I know mine are lacking!
daycare 03:22 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
That is why I try to print everything. But now I have it all on google docs in case that happens. I would so love to help you, but mine are probably horrible compared to yours! When I did daycare before in Kansas, all I had was a contract that didn't contain enough at all. In fact, I am not sure any providers I knew had a handbook. This time starting up I had the internet to help me! So much I didn't know about ways to make things better, and I still have so much to learn. I would love to actually see other people's handbook and contract, because I know mine are lacking!
I thought that there was a section on here that was supposed to be about those things, but I can't find anything.......lost my mind too....lol
Blackcat31 03:24 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
I thought that there was a section on here that was supposed to be about those things, but I can't find anything.......lost my mind too....lol
Here is the forms section of the forum:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13

All of my forms are on my website. Including my handbook.

You are free to use any or all of what I have if it'll help.
Heidi 03:30 PM 03-17-2015
Daycare, do you have hard, printed copies somewhere? If so, maybe you can scan them back in?

I use Google Docs, too, and it's wonderful. I know longer print out handbooks. I "share" them with my potential dcp's. I have one hard copy for interviews and in my parent brochure area, but I don't give them out to take home (and get left in the car to be stomped on).

I will gladly "share" my stuff with you on Google Docs, if you PM me your email address.
daycare 03:51 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Daycare, do you have hard, printed copies somewhere? If so, maybe you can scan them back in?

I use Google Docs, too, and it's wonderful. I know longer print out handbooks. I "share" them with my potential dcp's. I have one hard copy for interviews and in my parent brochure area, but I don't give them out to take home (and get left in the car to be stomped on).

I will gladly "share" my stuff with you on Google Docs, if you PM me your email address.
you are awesome...I do have hard copies, but they have all been filled out and signed by other parents so i cant scan and go from there.

I do have a back up drive, it was disconnected when I got my new computer and did not plug it back in. I also have one drive which I should have been using and was not....hard lesson learned here
I will PM you and thank you...
AuntTami 04:26 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
you are awesome...I do have hard copies, but they have all been filled out and signed by other parents so i cant scan and go from there.

I do have a back up drive, it was disconnected when I got my new computer and did not plug it back in. I also have one drive which I should have been using and was not....hard lesson learned here
I will PM you and thank you...
Oh dear I feel your frustration! Did you by chance email any of your forms to anyone? You can retrieve them from your sent folder! That's what I didnwhen my computer died.
daycare 04:28 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
Oh dear I feel your frustration! Did you by chance email any of your forms to anyone? You can retrieve them from your sent folder! That's what I didnwhen my computer died.
I am just now doing that.... great minds think alike.....
Reply Up