Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where do you advertise?
DuchessRavenwaves 06:36 PM 05-06-2014
I have two kids right now (have space for a max of 5), and their mom's job ends sometime in June. No idea when. I need more kids ASAP as it is, without taking into consideration the fact that I am about to lose these two!

I have an ad up on craigslist that I've been refreshing religiously, but that's it, and the market is saturated. There are 25 ads up from in home providers, just today. Where do you advertise??
bklsmum 09:39 PM 05-06-2014
I have had pretty good luck with my CL ads over this past year. I am also thinking about doing some flyers for the fall though since I am losing a few kids to school. Maybe ad some pictures to your ad or read the other ads and try to stand out from them in some way.
childcaremom 05:36 AM 05-07-2014
I've put flyers up at the library and grocery store. Our community centres let us post there, too.

Do you have SA kids? I've seen some signs up at the schools, as well.

Good luck!
DuchessRavenwaves 06:46 AM 05-07-2014
I have pics up, and asked for advice from y'all on the wording. I guess I could try to stand out a bit from the others some how, but I can't offer anything they don't, and the.lowest per week fee I can possibly.offer is in the mid to low range already. Not bottom of the barrel, but pretty close. So I'm not sure what else Ican do. I will survey the other offerings at nap time and see if I can word.things diferently or something...

I'm not sure what SA means. My brain always translates it as something in appropriate, lol! I'll see about putting up fliers, that's a good idea!
midaycare 06:48 AM 05-07-2014
Originally Posted by DuchessRavenwaves:

I'm not sure what SA means. My brain always translates it as something in appropriate, lol! I'll see about putting up fliers, that's a good idea!
School age, lol!
DuchessRavenwaves 07:10 AM 05-07-2014
Lol, I thought it must have something to do with school, I just couldn't figure it out! Haha. No, I dont have any school agers, and unless it was temp summer care I couldn't take them anyway. We're a one car.family, too close to the school for the bus to come, and far enough that I wouldnt want to walk it with littles in the winter. So no SAs.
childcaremom 07:16 AM 05-07-2014
School age, lol!

You could always advertise at the school for daycare only. I've seen those signs, too.

Parents may like to have a daycare close to their older kid's school.
2grls4us 08:15 AM 05-07-2014
In our area there is a child care group on facebook. A place for local providers to post ads. There is also a local mommy and me and swap groups that will let you post ads. I have spent a lot of money on newspaper ads and have not gotten any response. I posted ads on Facebook and had lots of response. Another idea is contact some of the larger daycares that may have waiting lists and ask them to recommend you or at least pass along your phone number. I have a dcb with an older sibling that went to a larger daycare so the last time I had an opening the dcm gave my number to the center's administrator I got several calls and actually got my last dck this way.
Annalee 09:06 AM 05-07-2014
Originally Posted by DuchessRavenwaves:
I have pics up, and asked for advice from y'all on the wording. I guess I could try to stand out a bit from the others some how, but I can't offer anything they don't, and the.lowest per week fee I can possibly.offer is in the mid to low range already. Not bottom of the barrel, but pretty close. So I'm not sure what else Ican do. I will survey the other offerings at nap time and see if I can word.things diferently or something...

Maybe you can't necessarily offer anything different than other daycares offer on a material level but your ad could be really hearty like....."Come join us at xxxxx while we learn together. We will create, discover, explore as we develop skills in preparation for kindergarten." Put a specific pic/logo significant to you that is warm and inviting. Just some ideas! Best wishes to you!
nothingwithoutjoy 06:48 PM 05-07-2014
I used to do well with Craigslist, but not lately. Based on recommendations here, I started a business Facebook page, and have done much better there. But really, most of my kids come from referrals from current families. The original families came from an open house I held, advertised with fliers and a free "events for families" post in the newspaper.
Reply Up