Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do Millennial Parents Want?
Unregistered 12:16 PM 06-05-2018
I run a very predictable, routined based inhome daycare. I have a good reputation and don't have any troubles finding older (non-millenial) parents to sign on, as they love my professionalism, older school ways, detailed handbook, etc, but I have had no luck in signing this new generation of parent - and let's face it, they're the ones making babies. I lost a real lead (that really liked me) to a more laid back inhome provider. Dcm liked me, but by the sounds of things, I am "too business minded & strict". So, my question is, do you have suggestions on how to get this new generation on board? I refuse to be walked over, party with, and be "friends" with parents, and I'm getting the sense that maybe that's where the problem may be. Idk. Any input would be appreciated.
CalCare 01:05 PM 06-05-2018
I would think that what millennial parents want would be, perhaps, might be to see the reasoning behind childcare practices. I'm saying this because this generation has had the internet from BEFORE day one of their child's birth. They should probably be the most informed generation about different parenting and child development practices and can learn more than just observing their own parents, family and community.

Not every person researches everything, but as a group, I believe millennials do go straight to Miss Google with all their questions!

So, I'm thinking they are used to having at least 15 articles online about why they should or shouldn't be doing time out, co-sleeping, pre-chewing their babies food (lol), etc... So, they want to maybe hear (or better yet READ in your paperwork or online!) what you are going to do with children and why.

I think they are also used to constant communication and updates from social media or just texting with family and friends - and even work, with never getting away from the work email chains! So, theyay feel uncomfortably out if touch if they don't hear about/from their child through out the day...

Just a couple ideas!
Unregistered 01:27 PM 06-05-2018
I am completely connected during business hours with a secret facebook parent page for daily, multiple times a day pics, and i also use brightwheel, so they are totally connected. I like the point you made about their internet accessibility and their over exposure to the whys and why nots of parenting. My handbook is already quite lengthy, so idk how I would explain my reasoning for that.
jenboo 01:33 PM 06-05-2018
Define older school ways.
CalCare 01:39 PM 06-05-2018
Yeah, idk what isn't connecting between your style and the new parents.. I wonder what she meant by the other provider being more laid back. Like laid back, as in the rules for parents, like it's ok to not pay on time or it's ok to come in an hour after drop off time... Or does it mean laid back in kids care like she doesn't make them play with the puzzles only on the table or she doesn't make them change out of dress up before playing in the sand box, etc, that sort of thing.
happymom 02:19 PM 06-05-2018
Perhaps they are not choosing you as a provider because they can feel you are judging them in a negative way?
Unregistered 02:31 PM 06-05-2018
My "old school ways" are traditional parenting and non AP, but they get cuddles and stuff of course. I believe in time away and not catering and coddling kids. I also have developmental appropriate expectations of kids and expect that they can meet those age appropriate expectations.

I'm friendly with the chosen provider and she said they really liked me, but I was too strict and business like and when she met with them, the parents said they didn't care to see her first aid, insurance papers or other documentation, which they commented, I was the only one who did. As a parent, I'd just think that they'd want a professional and not a babysitter. I know I'd like to know as much as possible, and of course go by gut too, but not to go elsewhere because they am so detailed. I've been told by another millenial parent that I'm intimidating because I do spell it all out. (Which i have done over time due to learning experiences, haha). I'm just at a loss.
Unregistered 03:12 PM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by happymom:
Perhaps they are not choosing you as a provider because they can feel you are judging them in a negative way?
I hope not. I know in writing I may seem direct, but I'm pretty nice. Lol. I'm also honest and real and don't like putting on a show - aside from acting confident for the interview.
rosieteddy 05:06 PM 06-05-2018
Maybe give them a little less at first interview.Give them a chance to get to know you and your program first.I always went over the contract tuition,paid time off,sick policy and holidays. I did not give the bigger policy pages at first interview. I always gave contract with 3 references for them to call. Then when they gave the deposit I gave rest of paperwork.I interviewed in the evening and if the child was not an infant asked them to come alone.I showed them around and spent 1 hour.
daisymay 06:29 PM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I run a very predictable, routined based inhome daycare. I have a good reputation and don't have any troubles finding older (non-millenial) parents to sign on, as they love my professionalism, older school ways, detailed handbook, etc, but I have had no luck in signing this new generation of parent - and let's face it, they're the ones making babies. I lost a real lead (that really liked me) to a more laid back inhome provider. Dcm liked me, but by the sounds of things, I am "too business minded & strict". So, my question is, do you have suggestions on how to get this new generation on board? I refuse to be walked over, party with, and be "friends" with parents, and I'm getting the sense that maybe that's where the problem may be. Idk. Any input would be appreciated.
I think that unless this is happening every time you tour perhaps this family just wants to run the show and feel like the daycare provider works for them. I think that you may have dodged the bullet of enrolling a family who was going to push back on all policies and cause you problems.
Ac114 06:51 PM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by daisymay:
I think that unless this is happening every time you tour perhaps this family just wants to run the show and feel like the daycare provider works for them. I think that you may have dodged the bullet of enrolling a family who was going to push back on all policies and cause you problems.
I read this as this other provider probably doesn’t have a handbook and policies and they are not bound by contract. They will more than likely want to run the show like previously stated. I have found that there are families who look for new daycare providers or providers who don’t have contracts so they can try to bend the rules any which way until that provider wises up.
storybookending 07:58 PM 06-05-2018
By definition “millennials” are between the ages of 22 and 37 which technically is all of my parents. I’m going to assume you mean the “20 somethings”. So far I’ve found that the younger parents are easier for me. I’m young myself but I’ve found with the new parents you tell them what’s what and they, be it through lack of experience or lack of causing a riff, just do what I say. I also work only exclusively with people I know/referrals from people I know. It is a small town so I can get away with it.
e.j. 07:58 PM 06-05-2018
I lost a real lead (that really liked me) to a more laid back inhome provider. Dcm liked me, but by the sounds of things, I am "too business minded & strict". So, my question is, do you have suggestions on how to get this new generation on board? I refuse to be walked over, party with, and be "friends" with parents, and I'm getting the sense that maybe that's where the problem may be. Idk. Any input would be appreciated.
My "old school ways" are traditional parenting and non AP, but they get cuddles and stuff of course. I believe in time away and not catering and coddling kids. I also have developmental appropriate expectations of kids and expect that they can meet those age appropriate expectations.

I'm friendly with the chosen provider and she said they really liked me, but I was too strict and business like and when she met with them, the parents said they didn't care to see her first aid, insurance papers or other documentation, which they commented, I was the only one who did. As a parent, I'd just think that they'd want a professional and not a babysitter. I know I'd like to know as much as possible, and of course go by gut too, but not to go elsewhere because they am so detailed. I've been told by another millenial parent that I'm intimidating because I do spell it all out. (Which i have done over time due to learning experiences, haha). I'm just at a loss.
Without seeing you in action, it's hard to know exactly what to suggest but I think you've been given some really good, honest feedback already. I think you have to try to strike that happy medium - somewhere between professional but warm and friendly. From what you've written, it sounds as though your warmth isn't coming across as well as it could. Is it possible that in trying to protect yourself from being "walked over", you're coming across not so much as professional but as hardened or jaded? (We providers may understand exactly where you're coming from but parents who have never worked as day care providers may not.) Since one of the parents mentioned them as a negative, I would forget showing the first aid, insurance and other papers unless you're specifically asked about them? You can mention that your CPR/First Aid certified and insured but I wouldn't necessarily show them proof unless they ask you for it. I do go over key points in my handbook and explain why my policies are important enough for me to include them. I try to make it conversational rather than a paragraph by paragraph reading of rules.

If all else fails, could you ask someone to listen in from an adjoining room during your next interview? Maybe they could give you some feedback on how you're coming across and offer specific suggestions on changes you could make? I wish you luck in your next interview. I know it can be frustrating to lose a family you really like. I hope the next
interview goes better for you.
Josiegirl 03:35 AM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Without seeing you in action, it's hard to know exactly what to suggest but I think you've been given some really good, honest feedback already. I think you have to try to strike that happy medium - somewhere between professional but warm and friendly. From what you've written, it sounds as though your warmth isn't coming across as well as it could. Is it possible that in trying to protect yourself from being "walked over", you're coming across not so much as professional but as hardened or jaded? (We providers may understand exactly where you're coming from but parents who have never worked as day care providers may not.) Since one of the parents mentioned them as a negative, I would forget showing the first aid, insurance and other papers unless you're specifically asked about them? You can mention that your CPR/First Aid certified and insured but I wouldn't necessarily show them proof unless they ask you for it. I do go over key points in my handbook and explain why my policies are important enough for me to include them. I try to make it conversational rather than a paragraph by paragraph reading of rules.

If all else fails, could you ask someone to listen in from an adjoining room during your next interview? Maybe they could give you some feedback on how you're coming across and offer specific suggestions on changes you could make? I wish you luck in your next interview. I know it can be frustrating to lose a family you really like. I hope the next
I like these ideas. I'm not sure that it's just a millennial thing. But more of an individual thing. I've found my dcps, who are anywhere from 25-40(just guessing) do want a family home type environment, a.k.a. laid back IMO, and most have to be reminded of rules often. They don't push back; but just are too busy and either focused on family or themselves to remember. I've always just used a type of enrollment form to let them know I am insured, don't smoke, have CPR/First Aid, etc., and no one has ever asked for further confirmation. Maybe they picture centers/preschools as more professional and dc homes as personal? IDK. But there is a reason families pick you so use that in spreading the word. And use your current dcfs who are comfortable with you, to gain referrals from. Ask these types of questions during interviews, maybe that will help. Or if they do go somewhere else, maybe investigate why, although it sounds like you might do that somewhat already? Focus on open communication between everyone. Maybe being too 'professional' could be intimidating to some dcfs, they're expecting a more personal touch, an air of flexibility within reason, rather than rigidity.
amberrose3dg 03:36 AM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
By definition “millennials” are between the ages of 22 and 37 which technically is all of my parents. I’m going to assume you mean the “20 somethings”. So far I’ve found that the younger parents are easier for me. I’m young myself but I’ve found with the new parents you tell them what’s what and they, be it through lack of experience or lack of causing a riff, just do what I say. I also work only exclusively with people I know/referrals from people I know. It is a small town so I can get away with it.
I have some young parents that are great and follow my rules and I have some older ones that do not!
I get what you are saying as I have had my share of issues from parents not wanting to follow the rules or contract after they have signed on. My suggestion would be to talk about your program at the first meeting. Do not spend a ton of time going over the things that might turn them off. Let's face it most people would rather be able to do what they want than be bound by a contract with rules. I have lost on several people enrolling since I refuse to do daily rates and will not let them pay for only days in care. Make them see why they should enroll with you structure, reliable etc...
Cat Herder 05:01 AM 06-06-2018
"Pew Research Centre announced this week that they would be applying the term “millennial” only to those people born between 1981 and 1996. That means all millennials – at least according to Pew – will be between the ages of 22 and 36 in 2018."

So my kids are not millennials. They are Gen Z. I am Gen X.

The main thing I have noticed lately is that my newer clients preferred to have everything in writing to absorb on their own time. They emailed for clarification. Before the interview. They did not want to come and be bombarded with verbal information or waste time if there was not a high likelihood of enrollment. All who toured enrolled. I like that. My interviews have gone from 2-3 hours to 45 minutes, tops. No wasted tours, no trashed playroom, both parents attend without being asked.

I also noticed I am not working with Grandparents anymore. My newer clients seem capable of making decisions for and accommodating the needs of their own children without relying on the previous generation. Just a few years ago, I saw grandparents more than parents. All have been planned children in the last 7 years but one whose mom was over 40 (no, I don't ask, they all tell). I think that may have more to do with it than age, though.

The last 3 potential clients I had to decline have all been over 40. Drama, bargaining rates and demanding special.

*Granted this is a small sampling and my rates increased $15 per week in the last 5 years. I am mid-range for my community.
Indoorvoice 06:40 AM 06-06-2018
All of my parents are in this age range now. They like short and sweet at interviews. Bullet points. I go over my main rules and that's about it. I mostly let them ask questions. I give them a month or so to kind of get with the program and do lots of rule reminders. After the first month I get strict and they fall in line or leave. I've also found that parents seeking out in home care usually do so because they want the homey feeling and not the structured center. I don't do a lot of forms and just try to handle issues that arise as a friend. I try to be casual about everything while maintaining boundaries. It's a work in progress and I'm still tweeking my interactions.
Blackcat31 07:22 AM 06-06-2018
I haven't noticed a difference in ages (of my parents/clients) necessarily but I do see the different types of parents and it seems only parents in a certain group seem to choose my program while parents in a different group (commonalities) don't choose me. But I am perfectly fine with that as those that don't choose my program are also the type of parents I don't really want to do business with.
Ariana 11:47 AM 06-06-2018
I am finding lazy parents want me because I am willing to do things they don’t want to do

Win win!
Unregistered 11:58 AM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
All of my parents are in this age range now. They like short and sweet at interviews. Bullet points. I go over my main rules and that's about it. I mostly let them ask questions. I give them a month or so to kind of get with the program and do lots of rule reminders. After the first month I get strict and they fall in line or leave. I've also found that parents seeking out in home care usually do so because they want the homey feeling and not the structured center. I don't do a lot of forms and just try to handle issues that arise as a friend. I try to be casual about everything while maintaining boundaries. It's a work in progress and I'm still tweeking my interactions.
Good ideas. I usually take the lead in interviews so they get the hint that I'm not an employee. I guess that's something I need to address. I think I will add a bullet point list to my parent package to simplify things more. I hate confrontation, so I ask all my potential parents, if they agree and if they have concerns to express them before signing. I'm pretty forthcoming about not liking confrontation so we need to be on the same page to begin. I'm beginning to wonder if I am just over-thinking now. I just feel like what's wrong with me when parents in their mid 30s want to sign on the spot, meanwhile younger parents go elsewhere or play games.
Unregistered 12:09 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by e.j.:

Once I got a really nasty response from a woman (we had only communicated via email) and she used the word jaded too, so maybe my need to explain things IS coming across like that? After thst feedback I went back to my paperwork and softened up some of it, but it's hard to find the line between coming across as jaded and communicating expectations (for a lack of a better word).

My husband is usually with me during interviews as I find that psrents like meeting the husband, plus he is very good at small talk (my weakness).
If there is anything that I say that may be off, he definitely lets me know. Lol. I have had him look at my paperwork because he thinks like a parent, and he has helped me soften it up, but like someone else mentioned, it seems like the fact that I do have "rules" or whatever, can be a turn off, but I'd rather cover my butt. I like everything to be clear for everyone, but that may be part of the problem too.
Blackcat31 12:23 PM 06-06-2018
Once I got a really nasty response from a woman (we had only communicated via email) and she used the word jaded too, so maybe my need to explain things IS coming across like that? After thst feedback I went back to my paperwork and softened up some of it, but it's hard to find the line between coming across as jaded and communicating expectations (for a lack of a better word).

My husband is usually with me during interviews as I find that psrents like meeting the husband, plus he is very good at small talk (my weakness).
If there is anything that I say that may be off, he definitely lets me know. Lol. I have had him look at my paperwork because he thinks like a parent, and he has helped me soften it up, but like someone else mentioned, it seems like the fact that I do have "rules" or whatever, can be a turn off, but I'd rather cover my butt. I like everything to be clear for everyone, but that may be part of the problem too.
I too am old school and ALL business.

I am often times called jaded or told I must be "old" and/or "ready to retire" etc.... I've come to learn that simply means I won't cave, bend or waive rules for people.

Just a few weeks ago I had a teacher (not new but still young) inquire about infant care. Of course she loved EVERYTHING about me and my program. Even loved my location as I am within 2 blocks of the school. Wanted to sign on and enroll on the spot. I have a min 3 day wait period. She e-mailed on the 3rd day and gushed in 3 full paragraphs about how happy she was to find me and an opening etc and blah blah blah.

The last line in her e-mail was "The only issue I have is that I don't want to have to pay for the days/time we don't use or the days my husband has a rain day and doesn't bring baby to care"

Rather than e-mail back, I just called. Told her my rates and rate structure was non-negotiable and that all weekly tuition fees were based on enrollment NOT attendance or time used.

Um. yeah... she flipped out! Told me I was the reason there is a daycare shortage for infants/toddlers and that I should probably start thinking about retiring because there is no way today's working parents can operate under those circumstances and that I was robbing parents of their hard earned money..... (and the best one of all ) said she was going to make sure she told everyone what a joke my program was...even added that I'll be lucky is I ever have another teacher call for daycare ever again.

So, you aren't alone in this type of stuff.

I refuse to waive, bend or change my policies for anyone. I created them for ME so as long as I am the one that runs my business I will continue doing what I do the way I've always done it. If someone wants to think that's jaded. Then call me jaded and do us both a favor and enroll in someone else's program and be their boss because I am my own boss.

This many years in the business and I am not about to start being flexible in areas that are non-negotiable for me.
storybookending 12:55 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
...even added that I'll be lucky is I ever have another teacher call for daycare ever again.
Can you write down everything you said to her exactly so I can do exactly as you did? Never having another teacher call me for daycare again sounds like a dream

I know it works for some people but nope, every one that I have met has been so entitled.. this is from a girl who’s 3 closest friends are all teachers/soon to be teachers. Anytime one mentions starting a family and sending their kids here I cringe. I make it a point to drop in regular conversations with them that it’s a no pay no stay kind of daycare.. oh you have the summer off? That’s great.. unfourtunatly I can’t take the summers off from my bills.. I gave my SIL/BFF a break with her first but she’s well aware I won’t be doing the same with her next.
Unregistered 01:03 PM 06-06-2018

I am often times called jaded or told I must be "old" and/or "ready to retire" etc.... I've come to learn that simply means I won't cave, bend or waive rules for people.

Just a few weeks ago I had a teacher (not new but still young) inquire about infant care. Of course she loved EVERYTHING about me and my program. Even loved my location as I am within 2 blocks of the school. Wanted to sign on and enroll on the spot. I have a min 3 day wait period. She e-mailed on the 3rd day and gushed in 3 full paragraphs about how happy she was to find me and an opening etc and blah blah blah.

The last line in her e-mail was "The only issue I have is that I don't want to have to pay for the days/time we don't use or the days my husband has a rain day and doesn't bring baby to care"

Rather than e-mail back, I just called. Told her my rates and rate structure was non-negotiable and that all weekly tuition fees were based on enrollment NOT attendance or time used.

Um. yeah... she flipped out! Told me I was the reason there is a daycare shortage for infants/toddlers and that I should probably start thinking about retiring because there is no way today's working parents can operate under those circumstances and that I was robbing parents of their hard earned money..... (and the best one of all ) said she was going to make sure she told everyone what a joke my program was...even added that I'll be lucky is I ever have another teacher call for daycare ever again.

I refuse to waive, bend or change my policies for anyone. I created them for ME so as long as I am the one that runs my business I will continue doing what I do the way I've always done it. If someone wants to think that's jaded. Then call me jaded and do us both a favor and enroll in someone else's program and be their boss because I am my own boss.

This many years in the business and I am not about to start being flexible in areas that are non-negotiable for me.
I LOVE you!! Haha. That's exactly my opinion - while things are going my way, and when they aren't, I start doubting myself.

Btw, what a cow! You dodged a bullet with that one!!! Yikes!
Josiegirl 04:26 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I am finding lazy parents want me because I am willing to do things they don’t want to do

Win win!
Hmmm, sounds like a great marketing idea in the making.
nannyde 09:39 AM 06-07-2018
What do parents want?

A "YES".

Yes to whatever they want.

Your contract and policies are a bunch of "NO's".

Therein the problem lies.
Annalee 11:37 AM 06-07-2018

I LOVE IT! YEP it is a business and I see that more and more every day due to me being "OLD"
happymom 11:48 AM 06-07-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I almost never hear people refer to generations by name in a positive way. I am 33 so I am a millennial. But I cringe when I here people generalizing millennials and convey they are superior based simply on the fact that they are older.

I understand that it's hard to get vibes by reading words off the internet. But if I got the same vibe during an interview that I got reading that post, I'd probably look elsewhere for care.
happymom 02:55 PM 06-07-2018
P.S. It has nothing to do with you being old fashioned. It has to do with respect. I'd send my kids to BlackCat's "old fashioned" daycare with "strict" rules in a heart beat.
Unregistered 09:24 AM 06-14-2018
I think it is the following generation. The one my daughter is in (18 year old). Spoiled, coddled and want the easiest road. Not all of course 👍🏻
Leigh 11:53 AM 06-14-2018
I see that Millennial parents are shifting away from AP parenting, and toward a more balanced approach. Authoritative, not Authoritarian. I'm seeing rules and consequences (not punishments) in parents more again.

What they want from me is respect and honesty. They want to know more about their kids' days at daycare and more about the kids' behavior, too.

The younger parents that I have now, vs 3 or 4 years ago, are MORE willing to pay on time and MORE willing to accept my handbook without trying to negotiate everything. They do get a good "talking to" at the interview, though. I became more flexible about payment dates, but more strict about payments being made. I tell them to decide honestly about when they are able to pay and then commit to it and follow through. I don't have the "I don't get paid til next week" parents anymore, because we set up payments around their paychecks now. They like electronic payments, so I accept Venmo or PayPal. When they ARE late, this lets me send them a demand for payment, too.

They are more likely to take parenting seriously, too-they are more likely to stay home with sick kids, they are more attentive to their child's development, as well. They aren't putting vacations and new cars ahead of their kids' daycare bills. I see things shifting back toward more responsibility in this generation, myself. I know millennials who are owners of several properties, because of wise investing at a young age. They found what they wanted and went out and got it.

I've heard a lot of bad things about the millennial generation, but I haven't seen it. I see responsible people who know what they want, are confident, respectful, and dedicated to making the most of life.

What I see from the Gen Z's? I don't want to go there. LOL. I hope it is just that they are young, but I've had several of that gen's moms call me to ask if I could hire their ADULT child. These are the children that MY generation raised (gen x) and it looks bleak. Things seem to work out, though, and as I get older, I definitely get more critical. But, when you can't go do a daycare interview for your own child without bringing your parents along to ask all the questions and make a decision, I will keep being critical.
Blackcat31 01:17 PM 06-14-2018
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I see that Millennial parents are shifting away from AP parenting, and toward a more balanced approach. Authoritative, not Authoritarian. I'm seeing rules and consequences (not punishments) in parents more again.

What they want from me is respect and honesty. They want to know more about their kids' days at daycare and more about the kids' behavior, too.

The younger parents that I have now, vs 3 or 4 years ago, are MORE willing to pay on time and MORE willing to accept my handbook without trying to negotiate everything. They do get a good "talking to" at the interview, though. I became more flexible about payment dates, but more strict about payments being made. I tell them to decide honestly about when they are able to pay and then commit to it and follow through. I don't have the "I don't get paid til next week" parents anymore, because we set up payments around their paychecks now. They like electronic payments, so I accept Venmo or PayPal. When they ARE late, this lets me send them a demand for payment, too.

They are more likely to take parenting seriously, too-they are more likely to stay home with sick kids, they are more attentive to their child's development, as well. They aren't putting vacations and new cars ahead of their kids' daycare bills. I see things shifting back toward more responsibility in this generation, myself. I know millennials who are owners of several properties, because of wise investing at a young age. They found what they wanted and went out and got it.

I've heard a lot of bad things about the millennial generation, but I haven't seen it. I see responsible people who know what they want, are confident, respectful, and dedicated to making the most of life.

What I see from the Gen Z's? I don't want to go there. LOL. I hope it is just that they are young, but I've had several of that gen's moms call me to ask if I could hire their ADULT child. These are the children that MY generation raised (gen x) and it looks bleak. Things seem to work out, though, and as I get older, I definitely get more critical. But, when you can't go do a daycare interview for your own child without bringing your parents along to ask all the questions and make a decision, I will keep being critical.
Im seeing this as well. LOTS of stressed out grandparents that have zero control yet their own children (young parents now) are great! The two youngest mom's I have now (One is 23 and the other is 27) are both fantastic parents. Have rules and consequences and don't just talk to hear themselves speak. Their kids are pretty good too... don't require constant reminders about rules and why we follow them but instead are capable of entertaining themselves without electronics and have good imaginations and eat, sleep and listen well.

The other thing I notice about those parents....their kids happily play and get along with every other age/type of kid I have in care. Some of my older coddled kids can't be seated next to soNso or nap near the wall or face east on Tuesdays or eat anything green on a day that has an "S" in it....

Yay! I hope the pendulum has swung so far in the wrong direction that it will now hover for MUCH longer than before in the right direction.
Blackcat31 01:21 PM 06-14-2018
Good article about the changing parent environment

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/13/healt...uss/index.html
Hunni Bee 05:58 PM 06-14-2018
My daughter is in school now, but I want SPECIFICALLY an old-school, strict nonsense teacher. The teacher she had this year was very much like that, and my daughter blossomed. I'm 30.
Tags:parents - ask too much
Reply Up