Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outdoor Water Fun
TwinMama 05:09 AM 04-13-2015
I prefer NOT to have any sort of a kiddy pool. I was thinking about a sprinkler for the little ones and possibly a slip and slide type thing for the older kids. Not sure about the slip and slide yet though.

Is there something that you all use for outdoor water fun that the kids love?
Thriftylady 05:20 AM 04-13-2015
Spray bottles! I use a bucket of water for them to refill instead of the house.
LindseyA 05:37 AM 04-13-2015
In my state (NY) kiddie pools of any kind are banned. We do sprinklers and squirt toys. I like the spray bottle suggestion too!
Baby Beluga 06:57 AM 04-13-2015
Sponges are also fun!

I use the Little Tikes super spiral sprinkler and the kids love it.
Unregistered 06:59 AM 04-13-2015
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
I prefer NOT to have any sort of a kiddy pool. I was thinking about a sprinkler for the little ones and possibly a slip and slide type thing for the older kids. Not sure about the slip and slide yet though.

Love the water table!
mommiebookworm 07:59 AM 04-13-2015
I was thinking of making this. Found it on Pinterest of course.

sprinkler.jpg
Attached:
Josiegirl 09:46 AM 04-13-2015
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
I was thinking of making this. Found it on Pinterest of course.

Attachment 3316
Oh I'm loving this!! May have to go see how to make it now.
kendallina 11:54 AM 04-13-2015
I have preschoolers ages 3-5 and we do a kiddie pool and water table with buckets and such.

I also do a sprinkler, which I find they don't like as much as the pool and water table. They seem to prefer sprinklers that are predictable versus the ones that squirt randomly (maybe that's just my groups).

I want to make one of those water walls against our fence, maybe this year...
mommiebookworm 12:28 PM 04-13-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Oh I'm loving this!! May have to go see how to make it now.
Type in DIY Splash Pad, and it should come up. I like that it could be made as big as you want.
Sunshine74 10:20 PM 04-13-2015
Ours just like the hose and buckets. Sometimes we pull out the water tables too. I'd love to do the DIY splash pad, but it seems like whenever we set up a sprinkler, the kids just stand around it and look. No one wants to get wet with it. But turn it off and give them the hose and everyone gets wet.
Unregistered 05:56 PM 04-19-2015
Water table each and every warm day! beach pails and small, cheap room paint brushes to paint the deck, etc. They love to paint with water! Sprinkler-the long rope kind. Sponges, beach pail, water with dish soap added for washing trikes and play houses.

Sand table with water added.

I've never used a wading pool.
Unregistered 07:05 PM 04-19-2015
We love to play car wash. Buckets of soapy water, sponges, the hose, and all of the riding toys. It gets your toys clean, too. I also let the older kids (in their bathing suits) paint themselves with shaving cream and spray off with the hose.
Blackcat31 06:54 AM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by TwinMama:

Personally, I'd skip the Slip 'N Slide.

SUPER fun but kind of asking for trouble in my opinion as the second the kids' bare feet hit the slippery plastic, they usually go down and go down hard and the first thing they hit is always their heads....not sure if it's because they are usually mid-run when they slip but I've watch way too many preschoolers get hurt this way.

I think its probably meant for older kids.
CraftyMom 07:16 AM 04-20-2015
I'd also skip the slip n slide. We have one, but the little kids don't know how to use it. The just run on it...then slip and slide and fall So I don't use it for daycare anymore.

Everything the others said are great!

A fun game is where you have 2 buckets, one full of water one empty. Give the kids a cup with a hole in the bottom. They have to fill their cup from one bucket then hold it over their head (or not doesn't matter they still get wet) and run to the other bucket and dump it in. There isn't much water left in the cup to dump out. It's so fun to watch!
Thriftylady 10:27 AM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
I'd also skip the slip n slide. We have one, but the little kids don't know how to use it. The just run on it...then slip and slide and fall So I don't use it for daycare anymore.

Everything the others said are great!

A fun game is where you have 2 buckets, one full of water one empty. Give the kids a cup with a hole in the bottom. They have to fill their cup from one bucket then hold it over their head (or not doesn't matter they still get wet) and run to the other bucket and dump it in. There isn't much water left in the cup to dump out. It's so fun to watch!

I have done a race like that where they use a sponge to fill the empty bucket.
AmyKidsCo 12:32 PM 04-20-2015
I don't do a pool either. We do the sprinkler, water table, spray bottles, sponges, etc.
Tags:outside play ideas, water play
Reply Up