Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Making A Better Offer for My Daycare Provider
Unregistered 06:25 PM 05-29-2016
Hello, Would it work to offer my Daycare Provider more money in order to continue having us as clients? She termed my family last week because she said our parenting styles don't match, she didn't like my 4 y.o. son wearing fingernail polish (I let him put it on last week because his sister wanted some on), and she doesn't like that I let my son speak rudely to me.

She kind of has a hoity-toity mentality, and I guess I'm a bit of a backpack, crunchy granola type of mom, but I have a track record of paying on time, picking up and dropping off on time. I also paid her for 3 spots instead of just 2 so that life would be easier (she has fibromyalgia). I think I annoyed her recently as I was debating whether to let my son go on to Kindergarten or keep him back for Pre-K (he has a late August birthday) and I didn't get my contract to her in time (however, she did not specify a date she needed them back). She evidently replaced us with a newborn last week.

Thing is, there is precious little for daycare around where I live, and my husband has now expressed he is adamant that our son attend Pre-K, so we will definitely need daycare next year.

Will daycare providers take us back if we offered more money? I don't think we are that bad to deal with, but I know she was annoyed with me over the Kindergarten/Pre-K issue. Is it worth it to grovel? I will grovel with her for my kids...I don't want my son to start Pre-K and a new daycare and learn new expectations in two different settings. This lady could gouge me for my whole paycheck, that is how emotionally troubling this situation is. Please help me make her an offer she can't refuse.
Tags:bad fit, disrespectful
Up