Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much Notice Do You Give...
Unregistered 05:15 AM 02-03-2015
How much notice do you give if your taking a day off for appointments? I had a bunch of appointments booked for today and we had a huge snow storm, everything is pretty much **** down. All my appointments got cancelled and all the parents couldn't make it to work so even if I was open they wouldn't have made it to me. Anyways I have an appointment on March 4th I was planning to get a sub in for but do you think that 4 weeks is enough notice for me to take that day off and do all the rest of my appointments to? I had given 3 months notice for today
Turquoise14 05:23 AM 02-03-2015
If you have a sub I don't think parents will care much. They'll only care if you close. For closing I think a month's notice is enough. For a sub, they really don't seem to mind as long as someone is there to watch their child.
Shell 05:25 AM 02-03-2015
Yes, I think that is plenty of notice. We always put others first, and often neglect ourselves. I feel that is plenty of time for the families to make other arrangements.
Unregistered 05:38 AM 02-03-2015
I'll be closing as I only have a sub for mornings my appointments will take the entire day. Your right 4 weeks is plenty of time.. It's not like I'm getting hair and nails done they are all doctors dentist, eye doctor etc for myself and my dd.
finsup 09:56 AM 02-03-2015
I tell families as soon as I know. Right now, they know to find back up care for a week in June and two days in August lol. I'll remind them when it gets closer of course but they have as much notice as I do. I had unexpected appointments come up during my pregnancy and those they didn't get much notice for but were understanding. 4 weeks is plenty of time to figure out a back up!
Crazy8 10:03 AM 02-03-2015
I think 4 weeks is PLENTY of notice for one day off!! And you can say due to the weather issues you needed to reschedule the appointments you had set for today so will now be closed on March 4th.
BabyMonkeys 10:54 AM 02-04-2015
I take 10 personal/vacation days, and in my contract I state that I will give 30 days advance notice. None of my families have had a problem with it
Reply Up