Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thoughts and Ideas Please
Thriftylady 08:56 AM 06-08-2015
So the village family fun night booth again. I am thinking of doing a drawing since this is all about advertising. So I was thinking parents night out care or something for the drawing. Perhaps with paid enrollment fee? Has anyone thought of something like this or done it? Thoughts and ideas please. I really need to make this count I am desperate for families, and you all are the best resource out there. I am still in semi with hubs for a few days and an trying to get all my ideas ready.
childcaremom 09:03 AM 06-08-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
So the village family fun night booth again. I am thinking of doing a drawing since this is all about advertising. So I was thinking parents night out care or something for the drawing. Perhaps with paid enrollment fee? Has anyone thought of something like this or done it? Thoughts and ideas please. I really need to make this count I am desperate for families, and you all are the best resource out there. I am still in semi with hubs for a few days and an trying to get all my ideas ready.
Do you charge an enrollment fee? If so, maybe a coupon for NO enrollment fee upon registration. Or a discount on the first month of childcare? And make sure there's an expiration date. Offer valid if enrolled by XXX date. I wouldn't give away free childcare but maybe that's just me
Thriftylady 09:25 AM 06-08-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Do you charge an enrollment fee? If so, maybe a coupon for NO enrollment fee upon registration. Or a discount on the first month of childcare? And make sure there's an expiration date. Offer valid if enrolled by XXX date. I wouldn't give away free childcare but maybe that's just me
Thanks for I've ideas I do charge an enrollment fee. Perhaps discount the amount of enrollment fee from first weeks care? Keep the ideas coming. If I do any free care I want it in a way they have to stay and pay to get it lol.
Blackcat31 09:28 AM 06-08-2015
Thanks for I've ideas I do charge an enrollment fee. Perhaps discount the amount of enrollment fee from first weeks care? Keep the ideas coming. If I do any free care I want it in a way they have to stay and pay to get it lol.
You could offer to apply ANY discount to the final weeks of care.

You could even say ONLY if they stay for 6 months etc...

Any time anyone around my area offers a discount or free anything it's at the END of a contract not the beginning.

You could get tricky and offer a discount on rates...

10% off the first 30 days or the second 30 days....then quote them a rate that is 10% higher than what you would have charged...

The key/trick to discounts is just the wording...parents don't recognize anything but "discount" and most consumers are always sucked into "sales" even when they aren't really sales...most don't do the math to find out...
Thriftylady 09:47 AM 06-08-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You could offer to apply ANY discount to the final weeks of care.

You could even say ONLY if they stay for 6 months etc...

Any time anyone around my area offers a discount or free anything it's at the END of a contract not the beginning.

You could get tricky and offer a discount on rates...

10% off the first 30 days or the second 30 days....then quote them a rate that is 10% higher than what you would have charged...

The key/trick to discounts is just the wording...parents don't recognize anything but "discount" and most consumers are always sucked into "sales" even when they aren't really sales...most don't do the math to find out...
I see what you are saying BC but was under the impression that phantom sales were illegal? Not that I an dismissing any ideas right now. This event is June 27 I don't have time to dismiss ideas yet lol.
Blackcat31 09:59 AM 06-08-2015
I see what you are saying BC but was under the impression that phantom sales were illegal? Not that I an dismissing any ideas right now. This event is June 27 I don't have time to dismiss ideas yet lol.
Hmm, never heard that before.... if that were the case then most every marketing class or tips on marketing your business wouldn't be teaching what they are teaching then.....

What I mean is say 10% off your tuition.

Tuition is $100 per week so they would get a weekly rate of $90.

Your old rate was $90 but your new rates are $100 so offering 10% off wouldn't be illegal the way I see it....

I give every family coming into care the newest rate....even if the older families are paying less so it seems to me "discounting" the new enrollees to be equal to the old ones is common practice.

Like Nan's explains.... sibling discounts... you give them a discount AFTER your rate is quoted (a little higher than normal) so the family with 2 kids that thinks they are getting a discount are paying the same as any other family.

Make sense?
Thriftylady 10:03 AM 06-08-2015
I see what you ate saying going to do that for sure with sibling discounts I hate the idea of them.
CraftyMom 10:12 AM 06-08-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Hmm, never heard that before.... if that were the case then most every marketing class or tips on marketing your business wouldn't be teaching what they are teaching then.....

What I mean is say 10% off your tuition.

Tuition is $100 per week so they would get a weekly rate of $90.

Your old rate was $90 but your new rates are $100 so offering 10% off wouldn't be illegal the way I see it....

I give every family coming into are the newest rate....even if the older families are paying less so it seems to me "discounting" the new enrollees to be equal to the old ones is common practice.

Like Nan's explains.... sibling discounts... you give them a discount AFTER your rate is quoted (a little higher than normal) so the family with 2 kids that thinks they are getting a discount are paying the same as any other family.

Make sense?
I like this
daycare 07:32 PM 06-08-2015
i do this and have never been told i can't.

I offer two weeks free, catch is that you can't use it until you have been enrolled for 6 months....

Other companies do it all of the time. One free month after you have paid for your first month. My old gym did this when I started......

or storage places will give you 50% off one month with a 6 month agreement.

as well as cable companies and restaurants.

Shoot I am so mad right now, Discount school supply has 20% off water and sand toys.

i really want this water activity station normally its $249.99, but right now before the discount it's priced at $399.99 so that is about $79.99 off which is still $320.00. most people would think it's a steal if they didn't know that the last price on it before the sale was $249.99. The only reason I know, is because I have been watching this item for about 6months to go on sale and it has not yet.

Ideas for your event. someone here suggested I make home made no-cook playdough and it was a huge hit. I can email you pics of my booth if you want.

om me your email addy.
AuntTami 05:42 AM 06-09-2015
Around Christmas last year I was desperate, so I offered 1 free week of care IF enrolled BY xxxx day. The free week was to be used on the 6th week of care. So they had to pay in full, on time EVERY TIME(I stressed that if they were late, they lost the incentive) for 5 weeks and week 6 was free. But I was able to stagger it out so that I only lost 1 families income each week instead of a whole week from everyone! It worked REALLY well. Build it into your rate before you quote it, so you're still technically getting paid for it.
CraftyMom 05:47 AM 06-09-2015
If it were illegal car salesmen would be out of business!
Reply Up