Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Virginia Carpet Cleaning Requirments
Unregistered 01:32 AM 12-12-2007
My insurance agent told me that Virginia requires that a daycare has to have the carpets cleaned every six months. I can't find this in the standards section. Can anyone point this out or is it fiction?
Betty 04:05 PM 12-13-2007
I can not find that standard on the Virginia Standards form. It would be nice to have carpets cleaned every six months but I do not think it is a requirement. Maybe you should ask that question directly to the state's licensing agency. Here is the number:

Child Care Licensing Agency
Virginia Department of Social Services
Division of Licensing Programs
7 North 8th Street, 2nd floor
Richmond, VA 23219-1849
Phone: (804) 726-7154
Toll Free: (800) 543-7545
Fax: (804) 726-7132
jacky 04:53 PM 06-26-2008
Hi, ive found from my experience that its in our best interests to regulary shampoo the carpets.In my home, i have a "shoes off " & "eating only in kitchen" rule & honestly you should see the muck that gets on the carpets!! Disgusting, is an understatement.

Im trying to be diligent to wash the carpets atleast once a term, which takes me approx 4 hours as i do it myself with a rental steamcleanig machine.Ive found that this is more cost effective & i can claim it on tax & because i have done it, it gets done properly.
mac60 03:04 AM 06-27-2008
I don't know if it is law, but I too regularly shampoo my carpets. I also keep 2 king size blankets down in the dc room (our family room) for the kids to play on, crawl on, etc. I find it kind of gross when the little ones rub their snot and slobber into my carpets, that is why I do it, and then I wash the blankets each weekend. Works well for me and really helps with the carpets.
Tags:carpet, cleaning, virginia requirements
Reply Up