Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Posting Help/Hints
Blackcat31 08:01 AM 10-18-2011
Good morning all!

I just wanted to say that although it may just be me:

I wear glasses/contacts
Have limited time to read
I am interupted NON-STOP
Have a smaller viewing screen

But when everyone posts, it would be really helpful (and waaaay easier to read) if there was some spacing in between paragraphs or thoughts to break up the sometimes lengthy posts/replies.

I lose track of where I was reading when I look up every 3 seconds to check on the dck's and can't find my place so I often end up skipping the long responses/posts.

It is also really hard to read the replies/posts that are written in ALL bold. I feel like I am being yelled at....

Just sayin'
godiva83 08:05 AM 10-18-2011
I agree!

I am using an iPhone with a small screen and it is much easier reading a post with breaks- so much to the point where I just skip the long posts with out breaks, spaces or gaps
daycare 08:40 AM 10-18-2011
Haha me too!! Now I feel old
SandeeAR 08:51 AM 10-18-2011
AMEN BlackCat!!! Sorry didn't mean to make it that big!
Blackcat31 08:57 AM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
Stop yelling at me!! LOL!!!
Meyou 09:00 AM 10-18-2011
It does make it easier to read.
TBird 09:00 AM 10-18-2011
Paragraphs Ladies....PARA-GRAPHS!!!
daycare 09:05 AM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
I like this font size. I don't have to squint to read it.. Lol
Michael 05:05 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Good morning all!

I just wanted to say that although it may just be me:

I wear glasses/contacts
Have limited time to read
I am interupted NON-STOP
Have a smaller viewing screen

But when everyone posts, it would be really helpful (and waaaay easier to read) if there was some spacing in between paragraphs or thoughts to break up the sometimes lengthy posts/replies.

I lose track of where I was reading when I look up every 3 seconds to check on the dck's and can't find my place so I often end up skipping the long responses/posts.

It is also really hard to read the replies/posts that are written in ALL bold. I feel like I am being yelled at....

Just sayin'
If I see a long paragraph I usually break it up. Although I may get to it later them most want.

What size screen do you have? What size screen do you want?
misspollywog 06:46 PM 10-18-2011
I wondered why there were so many posts edited by Michael.

I agree, there are just certain forum courtesies that need to be followed wherever one goes online. Some people just aren't aware of them, I think.

Thanks for giving them a head's up.
Michael 06:51 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by misspollywog:
I wondered why there were so many posts edited by Michael.
I Also Capitalize Titles. They look better when viewing Google results.
Kaddidle Care 06:59 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I like this font size. I don't have to squint to read it.. Lol
Many know this already but I just learned it the other day.

Press the Control (Ctrl) button and use the little wheel on the mouse to zoom in or out.

Then you can read it like this or BIGGER!
misspollywog 07:15 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
I Also Capitalize Titles. They look better when viewing Google results.
I see!

Making A Mental Note To Capitalize Titles To Save Michael Extra Work.
Michael 07:20 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by misspollywog:
I see!

Making A Mental Note To Capitalize Titles To Save Michael Extra Work.
Yeah, I use to do it one word at a time until I started copying and pasting it into Micrsoft Word. There is a function that does it quicker there.
mom2many 09:09 PM 10-18-2011
I always wondered why so many posts were edited by Michael! I had no idea and now it makes perfect sense! The "behind the scenes work" is never ending! Thanks Michael for all you do!
MamaBear 09:17 PM 10-18-2011
I SO Agree!!!!
Cat Herder 05:26 AM 10-19-2011
Thank you, Blackcat.

I tend to skip posts with no punctuation or in long block pattern.
Blackcat31 10:10 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
If I see a long paragraph I usually break it up. Although I may get to it later them most want.

What size screen do you have? What size screen do you want?
The screen size is only small when I use my i-phone while outside, otherwise my laptop is 16 inches. (I'm a complainer because my home PC has a 27 inch monitor and my DH has a 55 inch flat screen TV so I am used to LARGE screens!! LOL!! )

I would have gone in and separated paragraphs but wasn't sure if that was over stepping my moderator duties and responsibilites.

I don't want to be know as the "The Punctuation Police" or something similar.... Didn't want to step on toes so I posted to everyone in general.
Michael 02:26 PM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I don't want to be know as the "The Punctuation Police" or something similar.... Didn't want to step on toes so I posted to everyone in general.
Actually you do have permission as long as you are not changing the intent or language of the original post.

I tend to do the same thing with punctuation since the FoxFire browser puts those red squiggly lines under the misspelled words. I have to fix them.
Tags:forum question, suggestions
Reply Up