Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tenn. Fire.
laundrymom 11:57 AM 11-29-2016
Sending love and prayers to all in danger and dealing with fires. You're all in my thoughts.
Blackcat31 12:14 PM 11-29-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Sending love and prayers to all in danger and dealing with fires. You're all in my thoughts.
How scary! Sending prayers as well!
MissAnn 06:43 PM 11-29-2016
The videos and pictures of Gatlinburg horrify me. Such a beautiful place. It will take awhile to recover. We were planning to go soon...not sure what will be left.
Annalee 07:07 PM 11-29-2016
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
The videos and pictures of Gatlinburg horrify me. Such a beautiful place. It will take awhile to recover. We were planning to go soon...not sure what will be left.
So sad! I have friends that work in one of the restaurants there and have for years......this is affecting lots of people in many different ways....I am many miles from there but have been texting with them today! They are all physically fine but devastated.
LysesKids 07:24 PM 11-29-2016
I am within 40 min drive of Gatlinburg; I have parents that have lost their jobs now due to a Resort burning down; that now effects my income... I was low in #'s already until Feb, now I am down to one FT child
MissAnn 09:49 AM 11-30-2016
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I am within 40 min drive of Gatlinburg; I have parents that have lost their jobs now due to a Resort burning down; that now effects my income... I was low in #'s already until Feb, now I am down to one FT child
I am so sorry! And the fact it was arson doesn't help. At least they are getting rain today.
Ariana 09:54 AM 11-30-2016
We had a similar situation up here in Canada this past summer. Thousands evacuated from a town in Alberta. So so scary

Sending prayers to all and praying for rain!
LysesKids 10:28 AM 11-30-2016
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
I am so sorry! And the fact it was arson doesn't help. At least they are getting rain today.
Oh we are getting rain alright... too much with the wind (2 tornado warnings woke me middle of the night); there's numerous other fires in the area that needed to be put out too, they didn't cause as much damage, but the air quality was hell all month. Until about Noon it was still thundering, now it's just rain. They have been worried that a lightening strike could start more fires because the ground has been so dry for so long
Reply Up