Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>More Than One Wee Tiny Baby...
SilverSabre25 08:43 AM 05-17-2011
I'm having my own baby any day now, and one of the only promising responses I've gotten to the ad I've had up for MONTHS is for a 2 month old starting mid-June. My babe will be somewhere between a month and just a couple weeks old.

I had already decided that at this point I need whatever/whoever I can get and this family sounds really excited to use me.

Has anyone else had two wee tinies so close in age? I'm guessing it's going to feel an awful lot like twins...
laundrymom 08:48 AM 05-17-2011
I keep two to three littles at a time. It's like twins or triplets. Busy, but manageable.
Mrs.Ky 09:26 AM 05-17-2011
Yes ive done it. When my middle child was an infant I had another ifnant only 2 months older then him, when my third was an infant I had another infant 2 months younger then her it was alot of work but it all worked out and I made it lol I have 2 DCB now whom I have had since they where infants and they are 6 months apart.
MamaBear 09:41 AM 05-17-2011
I had 3 infants all the same age (3 months old) start about a week or two apart from eachother a few years ago. It was like having triplets! I also had 2 toddlers so it was a bit of a challenge balancing the different ages. I was exhausted at the end of each day! The only thing that helped me survive was having a schedule. They would nap around 9am-10am and again 1pm-3pm... sometimes they didnt nap right at those times, but most of the time they did. I always had to have everything ready to go... bottles, diapers & wipes all within arms reach. I would lay all 3 down in front of me on the livingroom floor and feed all 3 simultaneously! haha - It was pretty funny to watch.

Its hard to have more than one small infant, but if I could care for 3, I'm sure 2 is do-able
AnythingsPossible 09:44 AM 05-17-2011
It seems everytime I have an infant in care, I have another the same age or within a few months. The last 3 sets of infants I have had have been within a month of one another. The 2 I have right now are 2 days apart!
It is definately manageable as long as you have patience and handle babies well! I've done it 3 times in the past 4 years and haven't lost sanity or given up, so it can't be to bad!
KEG123 10:27 AM 05-17-2011
I personally would never do it, I wouldn't want to feel like I was jipping my own child out of mommy time. BUT yes, it would be basically like having twins. Managable, but not something I'd want to do unless I had to.
jojosmommy 10:36 AM 05-17-2011
Let me know how this works out for you. I have an infant starting this summer (about the first week in aug- depending on when mom actually delivers) and my own will be born in october. They will be 4 months apart. I also have a 16 month old, a 2 yr old, a couple 3 yr olds and a few older 4/5's that may be leaving in the fall ( which is why I agreed to take this baby in the first place). With my son I had 5 1/2 months off and did not take another baby until he was 1 so I could devote more time/attention to him. That is not an option this time around so I am praying this works. Last night I actually had a nightmare about it being total chaos. = (
Live and Learn 10:40 AM 05-17-2011
As a mother of twins I can tell you it is possible.

They are older now and I can even walk and talk pretty much at the same time (usually).

Keep us posted on your birth.
KEG123 10:54 AM 05-17-2011
I was just thinking of the ages mine will be when my baby is due... 23 months, 34 months-x2, possibly a 3 year old, and my own will be 3.5. I can only have 2 under 30 months anyways. so a 23 month old and a newborn should be good enough for me. lol
SimpleMom 11:23 AM 05-17-2011
yes, a few times. It's hard, but it can be done. Just have to juggle the schedules around. I've had two that were one month apart before as well. They make great playmates as they grow
SilverSabre25 12:11 PM 05-17-2011
Thanks for the input everyone! I guess I just needed a bit of real-life btdt type stuff. I certainly wouldn't be choosing this if I had a choice of clients (and I haven't interviewed them yet so it's not like a set thing or anything...I'm just planning ahead, lol) but I don't have a choice. Older kids are slim pickin's around here just now and infants are the demand. I figure that two really close in age will be easier than wee tiny and needy 1 yo, or wee tiny and mobile infant...
cheerfuldom 02:56 PM 05-17-2011
I always have several babiess and it works out fine. I usually put them on alternating schedules so not everyone is up at once. Its nice to have a break when everyone is sleeping but for me, its easier to have the youngers on a different schedule even if that means that I have less of a break. The work is sort of spread out more during the day. Right now I have my newborn, a 6 month old and an 8 month old and will probably only be able to fill my full time spot with another infant.
Tags:expecting, infants
Reply Up