Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parents' Birthdays
spud912 06:44 AM 08-05-2011
Do any of you ask when they are? If so, do you have their child make them anything?
Cat Herder 07:03 AM 08-05-2011
They are all on the daycare facebook page so I know their birthdays in advance.

I usually get a card and either have the child color in it or do a paint handprint with photo inside depending on age.

I have sent home homemade brownies or cupcakes before as well depending on how the family treats me.
Pammie 10:34 AM 08-05-2011
I do ask for parent's birthdates (month/day only) on my enrollment forms. I tell parents that it's an extra step in the security of their child - should they have to send someone that they've given written authorization to pickup their child from daycare, but whom I've never met - that their birthdate is the "password" that I will ask for as one step to verify their identity.

So when a parent's birthday comes around, I either have the child make a homemade card - or complete a sheet, like, "My daddy is _____tall. My mommy's best thing to make for dinner is____" Those responses, especially from 2-4yo are priceless

As a small token gift for the parents, I give a home baked muffin and a tea bag as their "Birthday Breakfast" at drop-off on their birthday. I found cute little containers that look like Chinese carry-out boxes that fit the muffin and tea bag perfectly. Doesn't cost me more than $1 for the gift, and seems to be appreciated.
2ndFamilyDC 10:36 AM 08-05-2011
I have not done this; but may start now. I like this idea.
e.j. 03:06 PM 08-05-2011
I don't ask for the parents' birth dates but if for some reason it comes up, I'll have the child make a hand made card to bring home.
Tags:birthday, birthday - parent, parent
Reply Up