Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Diapers I Provide Just Got Harder To Get, Suggestions For A New Brand?
GotKids 06:00 PM 11-27-2011
I have 7 full timers and 1 Pt in diapers. I need a brand that is both affordable and holds up well, cheap isn't cheap if it leaks. If you provide diapers what brand do you use?
bice99 06:08 PM 11-27-2011
I don't provide but put both my girls in Kirkland and recommend them to my families.
Abigail 06:17 PM 11-27-2011
Why do you provide diapers? Is that something that makes you stand out as a provider? Do you charge more than other providers to cover the cost?
mismatchedsocks 06:37 PM 11-27-2011
I dont provide diapers, but alot of my families provide the target brand diapers for me to use here.
Christian Mother 07:42 PM 11-27-2011
I don't provide diapers here either or wipes...although I have some on hand anyway for my own personal use. I've noticed that the target brand is really good and cheap too. Try checking that out. One of my parents have been using that brand for 2 yrs now. I haven't had any problems with them.
CheekyChick 08:22 PM 11-27-2011
You provide diapers? WOW!!! That is awesome. How much extra do you charge per month?
Breezy 09:18 PM 11-27-2011
I used to use Pampers for my ds and then decided to try Target brand and love them! They are so much cheaper but so good at holding in the copious amounts of urine my son produces. Yhey run small so buy one size up.
SilverSabre25 09:27 PM 11-27-2011
Target dipes all the way.

I haven't necessarily found that they run small. My DS is in size 3 and he's a chunky-butt 6 month old...is that unusual?
nannyde 03:55 AM 11-28-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Target dipes all the way.

I haven't necessarily found that they run small. My DS is in size 3 and he's a chunky-butt 6 month old...is that unusual?
Yes and yes
they are the cheapest here for the best quality and they run a size small.
SilverSabre25 05:11 AM 11-28-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Yes and yes
they are the cheapest here for the best quality and they run a size small.
oh weird. :P I guess since I have always used Target and nothing else, i never noticed! Learn something new every day!
GotKids 06:32 AM 11-28-2011
thanks for the suggestions sounds like I will try target then the Kirkland if those don't work out. Providing diapers does make me stand out and honestly it is a small additional charge to the parents. My old diapers were around 20 cents a piece and parents were willing to gladly pay my rates which are around 5-10 a week higher than others in my area. It might be because of the diapers but I like to think that my program in general plays a role in that too.

Growing up my mother did childcare and I remember that some kids parents would forget to bring diapers or ration them for the month asking my mom not change as often. I don't want to have to deal with that. Buying my own means I always know they have diapers and I am free to change as often as I feel they need it without hurting the parents budget.
Unregistered 07:09 AM 11-28-2011
Originally Posted by GotKids:
I have 7 full timers and 1 Pt in diapers. I need a brand that is both affordable and holds up well, cheap isn't cheap if it leaks. If you provide diapers what brand do you use?
Target- best ones out there and cheapest. The wipes are good too.

I have not noticed they run small but I have noticed that the pounds per kid is off. So I guess they do run small. I have always used these and am very happy with them. Your fingers don't push through the wipes and they are not slimy.
Breezy 07:48 AM 11-28-2011
I love the wipes too. 13 bucks for a box of like 700 some wipes I think? Amazing. I havent bought wipes since September.
Pammie 08:56 AM 11-28-2011
I have a few families that use the Kroger off-brand. I don't have a package here to check the name - but they're in a yellow package. Super cheap - about $4.99/package and work as well as Pampers:-)
Unregistered 09:57 AM 11-28-2011
LUVS diapers all the way with all 3 of my kids they NEVER leaked and BJS sells a huge box for 27.99. target diapers sucked for my 3rd child they leaked and was a waste of money that was 2 and half years ago so maybe they improved them.
wdmmom 10:02 AM 11-28-2011
Personally, I think Target diapers stink!

I don't provide diapers or wipes but my favorite are Huggies. Luvs come in a 2nd and Pampers 3rd.

For off brands, I tend to like the Kirkland (Costco brand), Sam's Club brand, and Walgreens.
jojosmommy 11:04 AM 11-28-2011
I dont provide for my dck but for my own we use pampers (only when we have coupons) or Target brand. I don't think they run small. I also know that Huggies did not work on my son (always leaked) but we got a few as gifts when my daughter was born and they work for her with no issues. 2 dck use huggies exclusively and never leak out. I think it depends on the child and how they fit their parts- which with a whole herd using the same kind its going to be impossible to find a good fit on everyone.
Unregistered 11:11 AM 11-28-2011
I can tell you a brand that I don't care for. huggies little movers slip ons!!! Yuck- I never cared for huggies much anyhow. They are like pull ups.
youretooloud 01:39 PM 11-28-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I can tell you a brand that I don't care for. huggies little movers slip ons!!! Yuck- I never cared for huggies much anyhow. They are like pull ups.
I HATE those! They slide off as soon as they get wet.
youretooloud 01:46 PM 11-28-2011
http://www.diapers.com/p/diaperscom-...-diapers-20081

A couple of the daycare parents bring these. They seem to work fine, but I haven't checked to see if it's a good price. They are delivered to the door which is nice.

http://www.diapers.com/p/luvs-ultra-leakguards-105110 This is a good price, and Luvs are my favorite disposable.
satcook 08:09 AM 11-29-2011
I use Luvs for my 19 month old. I just ordered a box from amazon, size 3, 234 diapers for $30.00! They are delivered to my doorstep about 2 days after I place the order.

Lori
christinaskids 08:35 AM 11-29-2011
I bought a 200 count box of size 4 from Sams club for 35. There are 4 packages in there, and we have only gone through one bag in the last two weeks. Target, Parents Choice, and Members mark are the exact same thing with different packaging. I prefer these with my son, I only like these and pampers.
Tags:diapers, diapers provided
Reply Up