Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thank you
Abigail 01:50 PM 12-31-2011
This has been an unusual year. I've done lots of research and made a few daycare friends (here and locally) to help me get started with my own daycare. My DH and I bought a house a few months ago just before October. Then I got my daycare license in October and quit my daycare job in early November.

Yes, I've been without pay for two months and have gone through some tough financial stresses lately and couldn't wait for Christmas and other holiday cheer to end. BUT I did my best to keep my head up and feel so blessed I have 3 families who signed up for child care to begin in January!

I'll have a 3 month, 18 month, 22 month, and 24 month. Three of them are 5 days a week and the other is 2 days a week. I feel really blessed because it was so frustrating doing interviews and tours and not hearing back. I did so much work ahead of time and joined the food program and purchased many daycare items to make our lower level look like a daycare center. I never thought it would take 2 months to get kids in the door, but if I had children of my own it would have happened sooner.

No one wants their child to be the only child at daycare. The ages of these children are perfect. I can only have three under the age of 24 months so in two more months I'll have an infant opening again which is in high demand in my area.

My daycare is geared more for age 3 and under, but 4-5 year olds would enjoy it too. The families who are going to enroll in January are all so nice and down to earth. They're going to bring lots of new experiences to me owning my own daycare.

Just wanted to end this year with a slight sigh of relief that the stresses my family has been experiencing lately will soon come to an end.
Crystal 03:02 PM 12-31-2011
Sweet! Congratulations on the New Beginning awaiting you. I hope you find much joy in working with children and love your new career! Best wishes and know there is lots of invaluable expertise and advice on this forum for you to gleen from!
Blackcat31 03:07 PM 12-31-2011
Good for you! Nice to see you have such a wonderful attitude to begin the new year with! Sounds like you are well prepared and will really enjoy doing child care!
Abigail 04:33 PM 12-31-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Sweet! Congratulations on the New Beginning awaiting you. I hope you find much joy in working with children and love your new career! Best wishes and know there is lots of invaluable expertise and advice on this forum for you to gleen from!
Oh yes, I've been actively on this forum for a year and a half and love it!
Fruitloops1 05:01 PM 12-31-2011
CONGRATS!! What a great way to start 2012!
rbmom 05:11 PM 12-31-2011
Congratulations!!
Tags:enrollment, infants, new daycare, new provider, new year, stress, toddlers
Reply Up