Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What to Charge?
Alexandra 05:54 PM 08-12-2011
Ok, I charged $125/week. The last spot I filled was in March. The spot I filled I knew was temporarily until back to school. Since then I noticed I am charging low. So I decided I would start charging $150. On cragislist some charge $125, most charge $150 and some charge $175 and up. So I figured I would go smack in the middle. Since then I haven't had any interests except for 1. Who's spot I held since April, called me last Sunday to say they were still interested and then texted me today they found other care at a center. The reasons were they wanted their child to be around more children and the center was cheaper. It is at a church that only takes 3-5 year olds. It is the only place that cheap every other center charges over $185. So my question is should I go back to $125 or stick with $150?
Pammie 04:06 AM 08-13-2011
I think many parents looking for daycare need to understand just what their money is buying.

Maybe if you keep your price at $150 - but in your ad let parents know what your program includes that make it worth the $150:

Meals, snacks (if you list what meals you offer, and "healthy", "organic", "hot meals" might help)
Any curriculum that you offer
Arts/Crafts, Scheduled outside time, Field Trips, Etc.
"Low turnover"
Anything that makes your program worth the money that your clients pay.
Alexandra 05:24 AM 08-13-2011
I already do list all that stuff.
cheerfuldom 07:28 AM 08-13-2011
If you really need to fill the spot, go with $125 and raise rates like 6 months or more down the road when you have built up a good relationship with the family. some income is better than none.
Abigail 06:11 PM 08-13-2011
Do you charge the same for all families? Have you ever raised your current rates? Do you have contracted hours per family or just open to close for everyone?

Answer those questions, but I would go with $130-$135 so you are slighly higher than before yet low enough to bring in new clients.
Tags:rates
Reply Up