Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With Contract Wording Please!
TheGoodLife 10:43 PM 03-22-2013
So I am FINALLY getting some interviews scheduled! (Mind you, I have enjoyed the last couple weeks with just my girls and my 2 hr. DCB, but we need some $ ) Anyways, I am fine-tuning my contract and would love ideas on how to word about:
1) Contracted hours
2) Late fees
3) Notifications for running late (I'm currently asking 15 minutes notice before they are scheduled to arrive, if they will be more than 10 minutes late- probably going to keep that one...)
4) Grace period for being late, especially if you do contracted hours.
5) Medication. I'd like to have a "no medicine" policy, but interested in pros/cons from those who have had one as well.

That's all I can think of now. Thanks in advance ladies! Happy weekend
TheGoodLife 11:08 PM 03-22-2013
I just remembered the policy/handbook forum, but any help here is still appreciated!
Starburst 12:35 AM 03-23-2013
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
Some of these you can change if you want to do things differently

1) Contracted hours
Family child care homes in the state of ________ have a restricted capacity of children at any given time, so openings are limited. All families at ***** daycare will have contract hours, this will assure that your child's spot is reserved. Contract hour tution rates consist of no more than 10 hours per day (unless otherwise agreed upon between provider and parents). Families must give me their work or school schedules so that I calculated the hours of work/school along with average estimated commute time to determine the hours needed for each family. Additional care after 10 hours is subject to an additional fee. In the event that you do need care during non-contract hours or days please call me first to make sure that I have an open spot, do not just assume your child will be accepted on non-contract days. Care on noncontract days are also subject to an additional fee. Remember that open time slots are limited and that it is hard to fill spots on short notice, in the even that your child is absent for a day full payment is still required. If you are planning to be absent for a week, please give me two weeks notice, payment will not be required if I get proper notice. If you plan on being absent for 2 weeks 1/2 of the tuition rate is still due to keep your child's spot reserved. After 3 or more weeks full time tuition is required to keep your child's spot reserved. In the event that I do offer after hours care (such as a date night special or a weekend special) you are require to pay the additional fees before care is given.
2) Late fees
In the event that you are more than 5 minutes late picking up your child without notice for my care a late fee will be given. In addition, in the event that you drop your child arrives more than 5 minutes early before your contract hours an early fee will be given. The late fee will be [$1 per minute/ $5 every 15 minutes starting 5 minutes after contract hours]. In the event that you know ahead of time you will need care for slightly longer than usual (that does not occur too frequently) please let me know and I may be able to give a lower flat rate for the additional time. Being late or too early from picking your child up on noncontract days or during after hour/weekend specials are also subject to late fees.
Unless other wise arranged by the provider and the parents, paymenta are due every week (a week in advanced of care recieved) due on your child's last day of care for the week but no later than closing time every Friday. A late fee will be applied to late payments $5 for each day late (including weekends). If payment, including late fees, is not payed by the following money a "no pay, no play" clause will go into effect, meaning that your child will not be allowed back untill full payment and late fees are paid.

3) Notifications for running late (I'm currently asking 15 minutes notice before they are scheduled to arrive, if they will be more than 10 minutes late- probably going to keep that one...)
In the event that you know you will be running late, please let me know. If you will be running late 15 minutes or less, with a verbal notice (on the phone) before your pick up time, no late fee will be applied. After 15 minutes with a verbal notice, the late fees will begin to apply. If you give me warning you will be more than 15 but less than 30 minutes late a discounted late fee will be applied until that estimated time. after that time regular late fees will resume. If I feel a particular family is taking advantage of this I will exercise my authority to discontinue this service to that particular family for a determined probation period. If a family is frequently late a re-evaluation of contract ours and tution may be required.

4) Grace period for being late, especially if you do contracted hours.
Being late 5 minutes or more for pick up without notice is subject to late fees. Bring your child earlier than 5 minutes without notice is subject to early fees. One way to avoid late fees is to call ahead a time if you will be late pick up or need to drop off a bit earlier. If time is more than 15 minutes a lower flat rate may be applied than the regular late/early fee.
5) Medication. I'd like to have a "no medicine" policy, but interested in pros/cons from those who have had one as well.
We at ***** daycare do not administer any medications to children. If your child requires medication for chronic illness please make sure that they take their required medication before entering my program or that you or a family member (must be on emergancy contact list) over the age of 18 will be able to administer medications at the appropriate times it will be needed. HOWEVER, children that do not have chronic conditions that become ill (such as a cold) will NOT be allowed to attend daycare for the day even if they are medicated. Parents suspected of giving their child medicine to reduce non-chronic illness symptoms (such as but not limited to a fever or vomiting) to attend daycare will be placed on probation.
I would probably allow perscribed medication for certain chronic illness such as asthma (I used to have asthma as a kid) which may need a breathing treatment or an occational inhaler or medications for other chronic medical/physical conditions such as ADHD, mood disorders, or seizures (if licensing says its okay); I would just require that the parents show me how to use it and leave written instructions (even if I already know how to use it). I just think it would be really hard for them to find affordable care for that child, who couldn't help being born with that condition.
TheGoodLife 08:32 AM 03-23-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
I would probably allow perscribed medication for certain chronic illness such as asthma (I used to have asthma as a kid) which may need a breathing treatment or an occational inhaler or medications for other chronic medical/physical conditions such as ADHD, mood disorders, or seizures (if licensing says its okay); I would just require that the parents show me how to use it and leave written instructions (even if I already know how to use it). I just think it would be really hard for them to find affordable care for that child, who couldn't help being born with that condition.
That looks awesome, thanks! (Just FYI, I saw a misspelled word. In the 2nd paragraph about late fees, the word payments was "paymenta")
Starburst 01:07 PM 03-23-2013
Lol It was late at night, right before I went to bed. I just noticed some minor grammatical errors too (red color is corrected or added):

1. All family child care homes in the state of ________ have a restricted capacity of children at any given time, so openings are limited. All families at ***** daycare will have contract hours, this will assure that your child's has a reserved spot during certain times for certain days . Contract hour tution rates consist of no more than 10 hours per day of care (unless otherwise agreed upon between provider and parents). Families must give me their work or school schedules so that I calculated the hours of work/school along with average estimated commute time to determine the hours needed for each family. Additional care after 10 hours per day is subject to an additional fee. In the event that you do need care during non-contract hours or days please call me first to make sure that I have an open spot, do not just assume your child will be accepted on non-contract days. Care on noncontract days are also subject to an additional fee as well. Remember that available time slots are limited and that it is hard to fill spots on short notice, in the even that your child is absent for a day full payment is still required. If you are planning to be absent for a week, please give me two weeks notice, payment will not be required if I get proper notice. If you plan to be absent for 2 weeks, 1/2 of the tuition rate is still due to keep your child's spot reserved. After 3 or more weeks of absence your full tuition rate is required to keep your child's spot reserved. If a paid holiday occurs on the day of your child regular attendance, regular payment is still required. In the event that I do offer after hours care (such as a date night special or a weekend special) you are require to pay the additional fees before the additional care will be given.

2. In the event that you are more than 5 minutes late picking up your child, without notice, from my care a late fee will be given. In addition, in the event that you drop your child arrives more than 5 minutes early before your contract hours an early fee will be given. The late fee will be [$1 per minute/ $5 every 15 minutes] starting 5 minutes after contract hours. In the event that you know ahead of time you will need care for slightly longer than usual (that does not occur too frequently) please let me know and I may be able to give a lower flat rate for the additional time. Being late or too early from picking your child up on noncontract days or during after hour/weekend specials are also subject to late fees.
Unless other wise arranged by the provider and the parents, payments are due every week (a week in advanced of care recieved) due on your child's last day of care for the week but no later than closing time every Friday. A late fee will be applied to late payments $5 for each day late (including weekends). If payment, including late fees, is not payed by the following money a "no pay, no play" clause will go into effect, meaning that your child will not be allowed back untill full payment and late fees are paid.

3. In the event that you know you will be running late, please let me know. If you will be running late 15 minutes or less, with a verbal notice (on the phone) before your pick up time, no late fee will be applied. After 15 minutes with a verbal notice, the regular late fees will begin to apply. If you give me warning you will be more than 15 but less than 30 minutes late a discounted late fee will be applied until that estimated time. After that time regular late fees will resume. If I feel a particular family is taking advantage of this I will exercise my authority to discontinue this service to that particular family for a to be determined probation period. If a family is frequently late a re-evaluation of contract Hours and tution rates may be needed.

4. Being late 5 minutes or more for pick up without a verbal notice is subject to late fees. Bringing your child earlier than 5 minutes without notice is subject to early fees. One way to avoid late fees is to call ahead a time if you know you will be late for pick up or need to drop off a bit earlier. If an earlier or later arrival or departure time is requested and accepted by the provider at least 24 hours advanced that is more than 15 minutes over contract hours a lower flat rate may be applied than the regular late/early fee.
Tags:policies
Reply Up