Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hmm...I Might Have Options, What do You Think?
SFMamaTeacherC 07:44 PM 01-20-2011
Hi All,
I'm just registered and from SF, CA. I've been looking to fill one PT and one FT spot for a few months now at my childcare/preschool. I've given many tours and met lots of parents, but no has been serious until this week. I just had 2 families come by tonight and it seems like they both would like to attend. However, due to schedule conflicts it looks like I can only pick one. One is a 15M old boy (friend of family of current DCB and really nice mom) for 2-3 full days, and the other is a 2.5 yr old girl who wants to pay for 5 days 8am-6pm but would come usually 4 days (might be different day off each wk). I would pick the girl but from seeing her for 30 minutes it seems like she will be (another) rowdy girl and not much for listening. But the boy is much younger than all the other kids I have now, everyone is 2-2.5yrs. Hmmm... what do you think? Thanks!
Michael 09:07 PM 01-20-2011
Welcome to the forum!
lvt77 09:52 PM 01-20-2011
I try not to judge the Childs behavior when parent are around as they always behave differently for you than mom and dad; the people who give them unconditional love.
I would go with your gut as well as what works best for your wallet.
Abigail 10:06 PM 01-20-2011
If you can maximum your earnings with the girl AND keep all your ages together, that would be wonderful. If the schedule doesn't conflict with yours and your gut tells you that you should enroll them (since you've been looking for a long time) then I would go for it. The infant on the other hand is also a good choice...but remember the diapers and everything else for infants. You're very lucky to have all your daycare kids around the same age. Think of all the wonderful crafts and things you can do with such a wonder group of children.
lvt77 10:12 PM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
If you can maximum your earnings with the girl AND keep all your ages together, that would be wonderful. If the schedule doesn't conflict with yours and your gut tells you that you should enroll them (since you've been looking for a long time) then I would go for it. The infant on the other hand is also a good choice...but remember the diapers and everything else for infants. You're very lucky to have all your daycare kids around the same age. Think of all the wonderful crafts and things you can do with such a wonder group of children.
Good point about the little guy. It is very hard when you have a big age difference to do activities and other fun projects. You can work it out but it Is harder.
SilverSabre25 05:08 AM 01-21-2011
I would take the girl who's the same age as the others that you have. A mixed age group can have it's benefits, but it's drawbacks as well. Ditto to the pps who recommended not judging a child's behavior based on what you see when the parents are around.
Tags:filling spots
Reply Up