Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do Any Of You Have This Child?
Shell 10:02 AM 03-18-2014
When dcg (now 3) was a baby/toddler, she had the grossest and most frequent BM's I have ever encountered. I would mention this to dcm, and she would just blow it off, and tell me they never notice it at home (of course not, she only goes here).
Anyway, now that dcg is potty trained, she often goes into the potty, and won't come out for a good 20 mins. I have gone in there to see if she's just messing around, but she is legitimately going poop for that long. I really want to cry when I see her heading in to the potty, as I know what is coming...the bathroom stinks to high heaven, and I usually wind up having to take out the toilet wand to clear any mess, all the while trying not to vomit.

Do any of you have a child (maybe a SA'er) that goes into your bathroom, and you just cringe?
Naptime yet? 10:07 AM 03-18-2014
Not yet, but when I worked a center there was a little one that would consistently clog the small potties (I think she had issues pooping at home, so she'd hold it). When she had to go, I'd take her to the adult bathroom because I was tired of plunging.

But it wasn't stinky or sticky , yuck!
TwinKristi 10:11 AM 03-18-2014
Does the child have a lot of fruit? I had a DCB who's BMs were always very runny and when he was PT'd it was very runny too. His mom claimed it was just that he ate a lot of fruit and grains at home. He didn't take 20 mins though!

I have a DCB now who's 2 and has horrible diapers. Just horrendous! Smells horribly for awhile and often leaks out and is very undigested. Yuck!! Of course mom says that she never has issues with it but I don't think he eats much at home or has much diapering experience with other kids.
craftymissbeth 10:13 AM 03-18-2014
I have a 7 yo SA'er that stinks the entire house up. He also has gas really bad... I'm guessing from an extremely poor diet (he's the size of a typical 14 yo)... and when I used to pick him up from school he'd gas us in the car. Blech!!!

On a similar note, this child and his brother always pee all over the toilet seat. Like maybe they were never taught or are too lazy to lift up the lid. For the first few days they were here I actually sat down in their pee when I used the restroom I gagged. A lot.
daycarediva 10:17 AM 03-18-2014
I have TWO currently that I strongly feel have issues. Pretty sure one is lactose intolerant, and the other DEFINITELY has food sensitivities. One has MAJOR constipation issues.

Both parents REFUSE to acknowledge it, I have brought it up repeatedly and it gets written on their take home sheets, DAILY.

Dcg has never had an even semi formed stool in her life. She has loose stool daily, spends 20+ minutes in the bathroom 2-3x/day. She has a hard time (at 4) wiping herself because of her messy bms, even though she has had 2 years of practice. They smell....sour. No other way to put it. Like a grown man with Cdiff had the stomach bug in the bathroom. My dh even installed a commercial grade bathroom fan to help.

Dcb 3.5, not even CLOSE to potty trained. BIG guy, in size 6 diapers, and they won't last much longer. Constant liquid poo. It's always ok/better by Friday (back on good food for 80% of meals) but come Monday....convenience store pizza 'tornados' , coffee and fast food in the car hit his belly full force. Liquid. I send home every time it's not contained. For the month of Feb it was WEEKLY. We got bigger diapers, and now it's down to every other week being sent home (and excluded the following day, too!) They still won't even mention it to the pediatrician or attempt to improve his eating habits at home.
BumbleBee 10:24 AM 03-18-2014
Yes. Both of my SA dck eat nothing but junk and I've gagged a number of times when using the toilet after they have.
sahm1225 11:57 AM 03-18-2014
I have a 2 dcg that can stink up the house for hours, even if the diaper is outside! She's allergic to milk so she eats soy everything. We call it the soy stinky diapers!

I have a dcb 5 who cannot seem to get the pee inside the toilet. It gets on the walls, the seat, the Lid. It's disgusting. Parents think it's funny. So now when I see him come out of the bathroom, I send him back in with a Clorox wipe. It has helped since now it's usually one pee soaked bathroom event per day.

I just don't get it. If my dcp told me my kid was peeing everywhere, I would be horrified!
Shell 03:45 PM 03-18-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I have TWO currently that I strongly feel have issues. Pretty sure one is lactose intolerant, and the other DEFINITELY has food sensitivities. One has MAJOR constipation issues.

Both parents REFUSE to acknowledge it, I have brought it up repeatedly and it gets written on their take home sheets, DAILY.

Dcg has never had an even semi formed stool in her life. She has loose stool daily, spends 20+ minutes in the bathroom 2-3x/day. She has a hard time (at 4) wiping herself because of her messy bms, even though she has had 2 years of practice. They smell....sour. No other way to put it. Like a grown man with Cdiff had the stomach bug in the bathroom. My dh even installed a commercial grade bathroom fan to help.

Dcb 3.5, not even CLOSE to potty trained. BIG guy, in size 6 diapers, and they won't last much longer. Constant liquid poo. It's always ok/better by Friday (back on good food for 80% of meals) but come Monday....convenience store pizza 'tornados' , coffee and fast food in the car hit his belly full force. Liquid. I send home every time it's not contained. For the month of Feb it was WEEKLY. We got bigger diapers, and now it's down to every other week being sent home (and excluded the following day, too!) They still won't even mention it to the pediatrician or attempt to improve his eating habits at home.
You know, it really bothers me when parents refuse to acknowledge the symptoms we are noticing, and bring to their attention. Obviously, we have tons of experience, and can tell when something is a little off with a child (especially since we change TONS of diapers daily). This little one has something going on, but parents seem to think it's all normal, and never mention it to the dr. She is very low weight for her age, and I really believe it's all related to her diet.
Lorna 05:31 AM 03-19-2014
Yep had a mom that was feeding nothing but fruit. The child was about 18 months. He pooped 3 times a day and stunk to high heaven. Multiple times he had diarrhea and the I had to send him home. Mother just didn't get that it wasn't a good idea to feed the kid nothing but fruit for a meal.
SilverSabre25 07:20 AM 03-19-2014
yep have hd a couple like that. i tend to lean towards unaddressed food issues first. lactose, gluten, etc.

but yes, some kids' diapers...hoo boy.
Tags:dietary issues, ibs, irritable bowel syndrome
Reply Up