Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Need Kids
Carmar 12:02 PM 01-13-2015
Hi im newly licensed this year! Well I need more children! I had a 1 year old, and an almost 2 year old for 6 months. Sad thing happen The one year olds grandma retired and not Im out almost 600$ a month. I have been advertising all over but have yet to get anymore children. I need more kids any suggestions?
permanentvacation 12:30 PM 01-13-2015
I've been advertising like crazy and haven't gotten any new kids for a while either. I have also been looking for a weekend job for a while and everyone tells me they won't be hiring again until going on March. They all say that they have to fire their holiday help from Christmas time and typically don't need new people until around March.

As far as ways to advertise...

Craigslist and other online websites people use in your area

put ads in local newspapers

put flyers/business cards in stores, restaurants, and other companies in your area

get car magnets for your car

have a signs store write your company's name and number in letters on the back window or side windows of your car

create a website

create a Facebook for your business

Find a way to tell everyone you see that you do daycare. I hang out in the toy aisle in stores just waiting for parents to come by and then I pick something up and 'talk to myself' saying something like ' My daycare kids would love this.' I find a way to tell some random person standing behind me in the grocery store line, someone sitting at a table near me in a restaurant, parents at the local park, the pizza delivery guy, everyone I see, I find a way to tell them that I do daycare. Oh, and if they show any interest at all, hand them a daycare business card.

Buy t-shirts with your daycare name and number on them and wear them every where you go.
permanentvacation 12:39 PM 01-13-2015
And see if you have a resource and referral center in your area.We have one. Us daycare ladies update our openings monthly with them. Sometimes parents will call them to get help finding daycare. The resource and referral center will then call us to make sure we still have the opening and are interested in the family that called them. If so, they will give our number to the parents.
nanglgrl 01:22 PM 01-13-2015
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
I've been advertising like crazy and haven't gotten any new kids for a while either. I have also been looking for a weekend job for a while and everyone tells me they won't be hiring again until going on March. They all say that they have to fire their holiday help from Christmas time and typically don't need new people until around March.

As far as ways to advertise...

Craigslist and other online websites people use in your area

put ads in local newspapers

put flyers/business cards in stores, restaurants, and other companies in your area

get car magnets for your car

have a signs store write your company's name and number in letters on the back window or side windows of your car

create a website

create a Facebook for your business

Find a way to tell everyone you see that you do daycare. I hang out in the toy aisle in stores just waiting for parents to come by and then I pick something up and 'talk to myself' saying something like ' My daycare kids would love this.' I find a way to tell some random person standing behind me in the grocery store line, someone sitting at a table near me in a restaurant, parents at the local park, the pizza delivery guy, everyone I see, I find a way to tell them that I do daycare. Oh, and if they show any interest at all, hand them a daycare business card.

Buy t-shirts with your daycare name and number on them and wear them every where you go.
Oh my permanentvacation you just made me bust a gut. While reading this I just got this picture in my mind of a harried woman hanging out in toy isles talking to herself.."I'm a daycare provider, I provide daycare" over and over while people quickly put space between themselves and the lady. Lol. Of course I know that's not you but my imagination is working overdrive today.
permanentvacation 01:41 PM 01-13-2015
LOL!! That's about how I feel though! Especially now that I only have one kid. I'm in the stores like, 'I'm a daycare lady.. Hire me! HIRE ME NOW!!!'
jenboo 02:53 PM 01-13-2015
create a facebook page and then list yourself on google places and yelp. I have been getting a lot of calls from there recently!!
LadyK8 03:42 PM 01-13-2015
We'll get through this struggle together. Lol

Definitely going to try and apply some of these suggestions by the lovely Permanentvacation!
permanentvacation 05:09 PM 01-13-2015
Lady8,

'the lovely Permenantvacation' Thank you!
hope 05:25 PM 01-13-2015
Advertise as you have been doing but also do so separately as drop in care. When my numbers are low I do this and it brings in needed money, I can deny any care after one rough day, and it is a great way to network to get your name out there. Advertise as emergency care or back up care.
Learning Daycare 05:45 PM 01-14-2015
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
Oh my permanentvacation you just made me bust a gut. While reading this I just got this picture in my mind of a harried woman hanging out in toy isles talking to herself.."I'm a daycare provider, I provide daycare" over and over while people quickly put space between themselves and the lady. Lol. Of course I know that's not you but my imagination is working overdrive today.
Haha!!!! When I read that line, I couldn't help but laugh as hard as I could. My stomach hurts from laughing so much! That was the best laugh I've had in a while. But, I completely understand you have to do certain things to gain visibility. Even if it is as crazy as lurking in the toy aisle waiting for kids to come That was a good laugh!!
Controlled Chaos 11:06 PM 01-14-2015
I hadn't thought of getting on Google place, or yelp, or yellow pages. Thank you!
Pepperth 08:18 AM 01-15-2015
I'm newly licensed also, and an slowly gaining enrollment. Are there any daycare providers that you personally know? Maybe if they are full of a certain age group you can ask them to refer calls to you and offer to return the favor.
Controlled Chaos 08:35 AM 01-15-2015
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
I'm newly licensed also, and an slowly gaining enrollment. Are there any daycare providers that you personally know? Maybe if they are full of a certain age group you can ask them to refer calls to you and offer to return the favor.
Good idea.
yvette41 07:29 PM 02-21-2015
Hi I hope you got new clients. You can also go to the mall in the play yard and talk to some of the parents there about your day care.
Thriftylady 06:06 AM 02-22-2015
I need some too! I just started two SA kiddos, but really I want with my younger group. SAers are just to much work.
Tags:filling spaces, filling spots
Reply Up