Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>But My MOM Says...
daycarediva 11:10 AM 12-08-2015
My MOM does/does NOT...

My MOM says you're wrong...

My MOM thinks...

I don't give a flying patoot what your mom says/does/thinks.

Learning about eggs- what animals come from eggs. My MOM SAYS YOU'RE WRONG AND DOLPHINS DO COME FROM EGGS. ( )

My MOM says I DO NOT have to share my share toy.

My MOM does NOT do that (insert everything here).

I'm just rinsing and repeating that we do things differently here. But MAN I'm ready to pull my hair out.
Reply
Blackcat31 11:17 AM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
My MOM does/does NOT...

My MOM says you're wrong...

My MOM thinks...

I don't give a flying patoot what your mom says/does/thinks.

Learning about eggs- what animals come from eggs. My MOM SAYS YOU'RE WRONG AND DOLPHINS DO COME FROM EGGS. ( )

My MOM says I DO NOT have to share my share toy.

My MOM does NOT do that (insert everything here).

I'm just rinsing and repeating that we do things differently here. But MAN I'm ready to pull my hair out.
How old is she/he?

I would not allow that phrase anymore. period.

Treat it like a negative behavior.

Anytime the child begins "My mom says......" immediately stop them and redirect.

I totally understand..I had one of those kids too.
Reply
nannyde 11:20 AM 12-08-2015
You're mom is silly. Go play toys.

If that doesn't work go to:

You're mom says you need to go night night.
Then

You're mom night night.
Then

Night night

It's just a term of engagement. He's getting you to DO him. Answer gently first. If that doesn't work change it to something he doesn't want to do. Have your response lessen in words as you wean him off your attention.
Reply
daycarediva 11:22 AM 12-08-2015
3y2m

It is really grating! My dcb said "Your mom is not so smart." when she made the dolphin comment.

Mom also knows the wording to our songs and fingerplays better. She knows how to cut grapes better. She knows EVERYTHING.

It's awful to say (and take it with a grain of salt because I'm frustrated and it is NEVER ENDING), but Mom is a SAHM. If she was so wonderful, the kid wouldn't be here full time.
Reply
Rockgirl 11:28 AM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
3y2m

It is really grating! My dcb said "Your mom is not so smart." when she made the dolphin comment.

Mom also knows the wording to our songs and fingerplays better. She knows how to cut grapes better. She knows EVERYTHING.

It's awful to say (and take it with a grain of salt because I'm frustrated and it is NEVER ENDING), but Mom is a SAHM. If she was so wonderful, the kid wouldn't be here full time.
Lol!!
Reply
auntymimi 11:29 AM 12-08-2015
I have a 4 yo who was like that. The struggle is rea!
Reply
Blackcat31 11:35 AM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
but Mom is a SAHM. If she was so wonderful, the kid wouldn't be here full time.

Reply
momofsix 11:39 AM 12-08-2015
Take heart in the fact that it will also go the other way for you. I've had numerous parents tell me they can't do anything "right" according to their child bc it's not the way I do it.
I think it's just an attention getter and usually just try to ignore it.
Reply
Rockgirl 12:41 PM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by momofsix:
Take heart in the fact that it will also go the other way for you. I've had numerous parents tell me they can't do anything "right" according to their child bc it's not the way I do it.
I think it's just an attention getter and usually just try to ignore it.
That is so true! A dcm told me that a few weeks after her ds started kindergarten, his teacher said he constantly said those things about me! "Ms D doesn't do it that way....Ms D says such & such" etc. I'm sure his teacher hated me!
Reply
NoMoreJuice! 01:44 PM 12-08-2015
I really want to contribute something helpful here, but all my brain will come up with are Yo Mama jokes.
Reply
daycare 01:59 PM 12-08-2015
I have one of those and I said, oh really well lets call mom and see what she has to say to ME about that!!

child changed her mind really quick...
Reply
midaycare 02:04 PM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
I have one of those and I said, oh really well lets call mom and see what she has to say to ME about that!!

child changed her mind really quick...
I've had pretend conversations with dcm's.
Reply
Unregistered 02:23 PM 12-08-2015
I had a dcg one year that told her Kom I make soup better... lololol
Reply
Rockgirl 02:27 PM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I had a dcg one year that told her Kom I make soup better... lololol
Hahaha! A dcm called me and asked, "How do you cook your broccoli?"
Reply
Unregistered 03:27 PM 12-08-2015
Sounds like the sort of thing I just say 'uh huh!' to. Haha
Reply
284878 06:09 AM 12-09-2015
I had a dcb that would not anything at lunch. Or he would choose one item to eat ask for more of it. Dcm had filled out about me sheet on him, she wrote he likes everything accept a few veggies. After a two weeks of him refusing, I told him, I talked to your mom and she said you like .... He started to eat more of his food including veggies.
He would also speak for his sister, we don't like .... And every time he said that then she would not try it. I had to correct him to know that she was the only one that could decide if she liked it. once he stopped she ate and tried more.
Reply
caligirl 02:54 PM 12-09-2015
LOL, and this is why I send them off to preschool at 3.5....BEFORE that starts!!
Reply
Bookworm 07:42 PM 12-10-2015
I might the odd one here but, parents would tell me that their kids would argue using, "But Ms. Teacher said".
Reply
Hunni Bee 12:38 PM 12-11-2015
"Mom is in charge at home. Ms Teacher is in charge at school" the first time

"OK thanks" thereafter.

It doesn't bother me unless they're defying my rules in favor of "my mom said.."

Then we all have a talk (me, kid and mom) about rules
Reply
Tags:redirection, things kids say
Reply Up