Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>To Our Canadian Members
Lucy 09:36 AM 05-20-2013
Happy Victoria Day!!

I wouldn't normally even be aware of this holiday, except that my niece's high school marching band is marching in a parade in Victoria, B.C. right now. (It started at 9:00 am pacific time). I found a webcam that shows a little sliver of the end of the parade. Doubt I'll be able to see them, as the camera is on the roof of the Royal Museum, but they do wear all red, so maybe!!
Blackcat31 11:11 AM 05-20-2013
Originally Posted by Lucy:
Happy Victoria Day!!

I wouldn't normally even be aware of this holiday, except that my niece's high school marching band is marching in a parade in Victoria, B.C. right now. (It started at 9:00 am pacific time). I found a webcam that shows a little sliver of the end of the parade. Doubt I'll be able to see them, as the camera is on the roof of the Royal Museum, but they do wear all red, so maybe!!
Happy Victoria Day to our Canadian members too!

Lucy~ That is really cool that your DD traveled there for Marching Band.

My DD LOVED being in Marching Band. For her Senior year our schools Marching Band was chosen to play on the USS Arizona for the anniversary of the bombing of Peal Harbor so the whole band got to go to Hawaii!

If my school had done something like that when I was in school, I would have practiced my flute more so I could have been in Marching Band....
Lucy 12:33 PM 05-20-2013
It's actually my niece. But yes, a very cool trip to take!! My nephew (other side of the family) got to go to Florida (we're on the west coast here, so that's pretty far!) and play at the Gator Bowl. Since they won both the marching and field show competitions, they got to march & play in a parade in Disney World!!! So cool!!! I certainly never got to take trips like that in high school. Lucky kids!! Of course it costs each family a couple thousand dollars!!
Springdaze 12:45 PM 05-20-2013
I marched in that parade 20 some years ago!
Lucy 12:55 PM 05-20-2013
Originally Posted by Springdaze:
I marched in that parade 20 some years ago!

Blackcat31 01:17 PM 05-20-2013
It's actually my niece. But yes, a very cool trip to take!! My nephew (other side of the family) got to go to Florida (we're on the west coast here, so that's pretty far!) and play at the Gator Bowl. Since they won both the marching and field show competitions, they got to march & play in a parade in Disney World!!! So cool!!! I certainly never got to take trips like that in high school. Lucky kids!! Of course it costs each family a couple thousand dollars!!
Sorry, don't know where I read daughter at....

We were lucky, our marching band prepared for the trip for 3 years so they did fundraisers up the wazooo....so I think the out of pocket cost to the band members was less than $100 plus any spending money they wanted to bring.
Greenplasticwateringcans 03:55 PM 05-20-2013
Happy Victoria Day!!

So cool!

I was there
MamaBearCanada 06:08 PM 05-20-2013
Happy Victoria Day!!

Thank you! Relaxed at home

How exciting about your niece!
Lucy 06:33 PM 05-20-2013
Originally Posted by Greenplasticwateringcans:
So cool!

I was there
Do you remember a band from Oregon City High School? (OCHS) They were dressed in red and black with a feather plumed hat on.
Meyou 02:10 AM 05-21-2013
I needed May long weekend this year. It's been a busy, rainy couple of months and 3 days off was just what I needed to recharge. I love my group but they're almost all 2 so it's very busy and they days can be long with them right now.
Reply Up