Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much To Charge For Sibling?
JeepGirl6 04:12 AM 12-27-2010
I have two parents that are asking much how much I will charge for another child, one of the parents is already expecting another baby in 7 months, the other parents are trying. For the one family their son is 15 months and for the other family their daughter is 19 months. I charge $40 a day with breakfast/lunch/snacks provided for one child, I was thinking $65.00 or $70.00...What do you think?
laundrymom 04:18 AM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
I have two parents that are asking much how much I will charge for another child, one of the parents is already expecting another baby in 7 months, the other parents are trying. For the one family their son is 15 months and for the other family their daughter is 19 months. I charge $40 a day with breakfast/lunch/snacks provided for one child, I was thinking $65.00 or $70.00...What do you think?
Here if I charged 40 for one, it would be80 for two.
marniewon 04:34 AM 12-27-2010
I charge regular rate for the first one, 20% off the second child. You really don't want to charge too litte - you are doing everything for the new one that you are doing for the older one, and if you short-change yourself, you may regret it later.
JeepGirl6 04:46 AM 12-27-2010
Thanks...My thing is both of these children are part time so with adding another child for each family. I am already almost to my max children per day starting at the end of January. I am afraid 9 months from now I hope to even have a spot for them let alone, if I am already almost at full capacity I know I won't have a problem getting children but them being part time, adding another child to the family will fill another full time childs spot...So I think I am going to do what you do and give them a %20 break but nothing less
SandeeAR 05:54 AM 12-27-2010
Do you do less for the second child? Do you feed that one less, diaper that one less? You get the point. I would tell the parents....I don't do any less for the 2nd child, than I do the first, so the price will be the same.

If parents balk, ask them what 'they' would like for you to do less on the 2nd child, to justify the "less" fee, feed them less or less often, diaper them every 4 hrs in stead of 2?

Actually, with a new baby, you will do MORE for the baby than the 1st child, that first year.
laundrymom 06:57 AM 12-27-2010
That's my reply,... They say do I offer discounts for siblings? I say do they want discounted care? Well .... No. I say then there is your answer .
nannyde 08:09 AM 12-27-2010
Second child comes into day care at the rates the first child came in. I offer that rate to the family for as long as they come here. I have had very few private pay sib groups in my career though so not much experience.
Unregistered 08:24 AM 12-27-2010
When I was licensed in another state and could have more children I only did fulltime but say my rate was 140 for a toddler until school age and 180 for an infant it would be 320 but I gave a 20 dollar off discount a week so they would pay 300 a week. So if I was you I would go 80 a day since they are only part time but tell them if they went to full time you could give them a sibilig discount such as 10 or 20 off a week but I would not offer a discount for a part timer.
jen 08:26 AM 12-27-2010
Same rate!
Live and Learn 08:29 AM 12-27-2010
I only care for 3 or 4 kiddies at a time so no sib discount.
melissa ann 04:23 PM 12-28-2010
I care for only 3 children and I do not offer sibling discounts.
MarinaVanessa 05:07 PM 12-28-2010
I give 10% off all the way across the board for the sibling discount. My regular rate is $155 a week so instead of $310 a week I charge $279 for both. I used to not give discounts but with the way things are now I had to offer it as an incentive. It's only $31 less than my regular rate and I would rather have some business than no business. When the economy picks up I'll get rid of sibling discounts.
JeepGirl6 06:07 PM 12-28-2010
Thank you for all of your replies, I appreciate it!
DCMomOf3 06:21 PM 12-28-2010
I would charge the same. i currently give a 10% discount for the 2nd but wish I either didn't at all, or make it a flat $10 a week.
Blackcat31 01:45 PM 12-29-2010
Agree with PP...Siblings do not get discounted care so they do not get discounted rates. I used to do it but was sorry I did so I gradually discontiuned it. When I added it all up...I realized how much money I was losing out on by having siblings so I quickly changed my way of thinking. Even the $10 per week the PP mentioned equals a $500 per year loss....
momma2girls 09:27 AM 12-30-2010
If it is fulltime I do still give a discount for siblings- my reg. rate is $140.00 per week- I give the total rate with siblings- $250.00 per week, instead of $280.00- so it is about a 10% disc.
Greenshadow 09:31 AM 12-30-2010
I have a family who just had their second baby. I do not give a sibling discount. They never argued it or bothered to find other care. My rate is high but its still cheaper than a center, which most around here are very opposed to. So it works out well for me and they're happy too.
momma2girls 09:40 AM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by Greenshadow:
I have a family who just had their second baby. I do not give a sibling discount. They never argued it or bothered to find other care. My rate is high but its still cheaper than a center, which most around here are very opposed to. So it works out well for me and they're happy too.
What part of Va. do you live in? I had a very good friend move to Va. last month
Greenshadow 10:25 AM 12-30-2010
Im just outside of Virginia Beach.
momma2girls 10:33 AM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by Greenshadow:
Im just outside of Virginia Beach.
She is close to Lynchburg. Virginia Beach is on my to do list soon!!
boysx5 10:38 AM 12-30-2010
I have two brothers one who is an infant and the other one is free I give them a 50 dollar discount each week. The family is very nice and came from my friends daycare when she closed down
Preschool/daycare teacher 02:05 PM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
When I was licensed in another state and could have more children I only did fulltime but say my rate was 140 for a toddler until school age and 180 for an infant it would be 320 but I gave a 20 dollar off discount a week so they would pay 300 a week. So if I was you I would go 80 a day since they are only part time but tell them if they went to full time you could give them a sibilig discount such as 10 or 20 off a week but I would not offer a discount for a part timer.
This is how I would do it, also, if I offered a discount at all. I wouldnt offer a discount on part time children, especially since they are taking the spot you could have for a full time child. You're already losing money on them. I don't know of many daycares in my area who offer a sibling discount. How could a family daycare provider afford it when they're already limited on how many children they can have?
Tags:sibling discount, siblings
Reply Up