Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Great day!!!!
williams2008 11:56 AM 12-06-2012
Wooohoooo today has been a great day!! My dcks are making me proud today. My 3 year old dcb knows how to spell his name and he is tracing those lines just like I have shown him.....I just love days like this!! Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do for a 3 year old? Thanks in advance
Lilbutterflie 12:10 PM 12-06-2012
Yay! I love days like that!

I'm actually having one of those good days myself!

I decided to do a project with the kids- making a beaded icicle ornament from pipe cleaners and beads. GREAT fine motor skill activity, but I just knew that the 2 yr old and 16 month old would need my one on one help with it. Turns out, even the 16 mo was able to grab those little beads using only 2 fingers and manipulate them onto the pipe cleaner. I was BLOWN away by this from a 16 mo!! It was such a cool project that we all enjoyed!

Tip for your 3 yo:
-Laminate a sheet of paper that has their name outlined & let them use it over and over again with dry erase markers (I use this cool website): http://www.handwritingworksheets.com...nce/index.html
Blackcat31 12:14 PM 12-06-2012
Totally awesome that you are both having such wonderful days!!!

It is those kind of days that definitely make this job enjoyable!
williams2008 12:23 PM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
Yay! I love days like that!

I'm actually having one of those good days myself!

I decided to do a project with the kids- making a beaded icicle ornament from pipe cleaners and beads. GREAT fine motor skill activity, but I just knew that the 2 yr old and 16 month old would need my one on one help with it. Turns out, even the 16 mo was able to grab those little beads using only 2 fingers and manipulate them onto the pipe cleaner. I was BLOWN away by this from a 16 mo!! It was such a cool project that we all enjoyed!

Tip for your 3 yo:
-Laminate a sheet of paper that has their name outlined & let them use it over and over again with dry erase markers (I use this cool website): http://www.handwritingworksheets.com...nce/index.html
That is awesome!!! Thank you for the suggestion, we will start that on tomorrow!!!
williams2008 12:24 PM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Totally awesome that you are both having such wonderful days!!!

It is those kind of days that definitely make this job enjoyable!
Thank you and it sure does!!!
allsmiles 01:01 PM 12-06-2012
yayyy!!

how many preschoolers do you have?? we have one.. i feel so sorry for him sometimes.. he doesnt have anybody but US to talk to LOL.. its hard to get preschoolers around here..
williams2008 03:07 PM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by ladyquana:
yayyy!!

how many preschoolers do you have?? we have one.. i feel so sorry for him sometimes.. he doesnt have anybody but US to talk to LOL.. its hard to get preschoolers around here..
I don't have but one myself! He loves that he is the only one too, I give him lots of jobs to do during the day!
daycare 03:10 PM 12-06-2012
gald to hear that you are having a good day........or should I say I am glad someone is....lol

what kind of activities are you looking for??
williams2008 03:37 PM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
gald to hear that you are having a good day........or should I say I am glad someone is....lol

what kind of activities are you looking for??
Thanks! Any activities that will help him recognize shapes, numbers, etc...
daycare 03:58 PM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by williams2008:
Thanks! Any activities that will help him recognize shapes, numbers, etc...
one that my DCK love is dice games..... we have a big foam one that they can roll, but you can use little ones too./

we roll the die, whatever number it lands on we (______) jump, clap, stomp, that many times.

we also use the die to add things to a jar....... you need a jar and some counters....anything really....

we roll the die and whatever number it lands on we put that many items in the jar...

one of their all time favs....

you need a small stool, jar and any small object that the child can drop into the jar.

child stand on the stool
have the child hold their arm out and then place the jar under their hand on the floor

hand them the objects (we are using cottonballs now because they look like snow) and ask them to try to drop them in the jar. Once they are done, we count to see how many ended up in the jar.........they would do this one all day if I let them

I have a ton of things I could share.....lol
Sugar Magnolia 05:59 PM 12-06-2012
Yay!
williams2008 07:25 PM 12-06-2012
one that my DCK love is dice games..... we have a big foam one that they can roll, but you can use little ones too./

we roll the die, whatever number it lands on we (______) jump, clap, stomp, that many times.

we also use the die to add things to a jar....... you need a jar and some counters....anything really....

we roll the die and whatever number it lands on we put that many items in the jar...

you need a small stool, jar and any small object that the child can drop into the jar.

child stand on the stool
have the child hold their arm out and then place the jar under their hand on the floor

hand them the objects (we are using cottonballs now because they look like snow) and ask them to try to drop them in the jar. Once they are done, we count to see how many ended up in the jar.........they would do this one all day if I let them

Thank you! That sounds like fun, and I can't wait to try these activities with the kids!!!
Sunshine74 10:15 PM 12-06-2012
Another fun activity is to put shaving cream on the table and let him practice his letters in that.
Scout 03:47 AM 12-07-2012
yeah. so glad someone is having a great day! Can't wait until all are healthy! Praying it'll be before xmas!
Scout 03:52 AM 12-07-2012

child stand on the stool

I love this idea! All mine are 3 except my kids so this'll be fun while my ds is at pre k!
williams2008 04:16 AM 12-07-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Yay!
Thanks! Days like these are priceless:
williams2008 04:18 AM 12-07-2012
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
Another fun activity is to put shaving cream on the table and let him practice his letters in that.
Thank you, I will be sure to put shaving cream on my shopping list!!
williams2008 04:28 AM 12-07-2012
Originally Posted by aprilsfool77:
yeah. so glad someone is having a great day! Can't wait until all are healthy! Praying it'll be before xmas!
Thanks! I know what you mean, with the weather being like it has here ,I have a dcb who has been out sick for 3 days. I hope all of your dcks get to feeling better soon
Reply Up