Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Serious Pick Up Issues....Need Advice
lilcupcakes09 12:18 PM 12-29-2012
I have a 3 1/2 year old boy who turns uncontrollable at pick up! When his mother or father walks in my door, he turns into a completely different child. He throws toys at them, he runs away and hides, he starts trying to fight with the other kids, he even one day when we were outside, left the play area, ran inside my house, upstairs, and hid under my son's bed when his dad came. I had to go up there and drag him out and hand him off to his dad! It's absolutely insane, I dread when it is time for him to get picked up. During the day, he is respectful, helpful, kind, and quiet....I have no problems out of him. I have already discussed it with his parents, Mom says he did it at other daycare too....that he is just showing off, she has no authority when it comes to him, he kicks her, smacks her, spits at here. Supposedly Dad has a "talk" with him almost every week about this behavior but it changes nothing. Pick up takes almost 10 minutes by the time she stands there and calls for him 10 times, then finally comes to grab him, fights with him, and drags him out of the door kicking and screaming. That 10 minutes of the day makes me want to say "Bye Bye" but I know he needs the discipline I give him throughout the day because otherwise he does not have any!
Up