Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wow! Seven Languages!
Sugar Magnolia 10:51 AM 09-10-2012
I should just rename my school: School for Beautiful International Babies! One girl speaks Spanish (and english), one boy speaks only Polish. New boy isn't taking yet, but he is Brazilian and parents speak Portuguese. New girl speaks Thai! One boy learning some words in Hebrew from his dad and grandma. Me...sign language....everybody else English! Whoa! Holy Languages Batman! I love it!!!
Heidi 11:02 AM 09-10-2012
so cool!!!!

I am so sure you could work that into your program somehow. Now, THAT would make you stand out in the crowd!
Sugar Magnolia 11:14 AM 09-10-2012
Yeah Heidi! Lol! Too bad I don't speak those languages! But I'm, learning them by default!
Blackcat31 11:22 AM 09-10-2012
Talk about culturally diverse! That is really cool Sugar!

Have you thought about maybe doing a unit on each family's perspective country and seeing if the parent would be willing to share some things about their native homeland? Or maybe even a few words/phrases that you could have the kids learn such as "hello" or "I love you" or something simple the kids could go home and share?

I had a family where DCM was from the Czech Republic and she came into our classroom and taught the kids simple words and even shared a few recipes from her homeland that the kids could try.
momofsix 11:26 AM 09-10-2012
I absolutely love it!!!
Sugar Magnolia 11:32 AM 09-10-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Talk about culturally diverse! That is really cool Sugar!

Have you thought about maybe doing a unit on each family's perspective country and seeing if the parent would be willing to share some things about their native homeland? Or maybe even a few words/phrases that you could have the kids learn such as "hello" or "I love you" or something simple the kids could go home and share?

I had a family where DCM was from the Czech Republic and she came into our classroom and taught the kids simple words and even shared a few recipes from her homeland that the kids could try.
Wow! Awesome idea!! We could do a "People of the World" unit! Brilliant Blackcat!! Thank you!!
spud912 01:48 PM 09-10-2012
That is super neat!
Reply Up