Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Week's Notice Because I'm taking a Vacation
Shell'skidfarm 09:31 AM 08-03-2017
So just venting here a bit. I have been in the childcare business since 2003 and have not had a vacation in 9 years even though it is in my contract which all parents signed.
The last time I took my vacation was back in 2009. Have been working without another one. Why?
Traumatized due to the fact that last time I mentioned my vacation, I had families threaten to leave if I left. So I took my vacation and sure enough, two families with siblings did indeed give me a two week's notice upon my arrival. This left a bad taste in my mouth and have not wanted to repeat history, hence my not taking a vacation in nine years. Feeling burnt out and finally thinking of myself for once, I gave a 30 day notice last month stating that I would be taking my much needed vacation this month, and sure enough, I already received a two week's notice letter to terminate family of 2 children. It is a heartbreak for me to see that if I'm not here 365 days a year for the families, then I'm no longer good to them. So sad. I also raised my rates a measly $1.00 a day since 2004. All hell breaks
loose. Has anyone else in this business gone though this experience?? Thanks for letting me vent.
Tags:2 week notice, paid vacations
Up