Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CPR/First Aid course-online?
Josiegirl 03:41 AM 10-23-2013
Has anyone ever taken these types of courses online? Do they count?
Just curious...I have both coming due soon and am already loaded down with other workshops/classes.
Cradle2crayons 04:58 AM 10-23-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Has anyone ever taken these types of courses online? Do they count?
Just curious...I have both coming due soon and am already loaded down with other workshops/classes.
I go to the Red Cross site, take my test, en schedule the dummy part only in person. It saves a LOT of time. But other than that, I don't know of online.

It's my understanding you HAVE to do the dummy part in person for it to count.
MyAngels 05:20 AM 10-23-2013
My state only counts AHA or ARC. I did the AHA course online and the instructor came to my house to do the skills check during nap one day. I don't think you can get much easier than that .
itlw8 05:48 AM 10-23-2013
A friend in IL took it and then after the fact found it did not count. HERE we can take it but then have to go take a hands on test at the red cross.. check with your license rep
dbslas 06:48 AM 10-23-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
A friend in IL took it and then after the fact found it did not count. HERE we can take it but then have to go take a hands on test at the red cross.. check with your license rep
Same thing happened to me. It has been about 4 years now, so things may be different, but we have to take them in person.
KDC 07:11 AM 10-23-2013
I took the blended course and it was WAY easier and took less time by doing all the online course work and test, then do hands on in the classroom. It took just an hour and then I was outta there. I believe the hands on is a must in most states. If in doubt, check with your licensor -- if your licensed. If not licensed, I really do feel it's important to do the hands on to get a feel for what it will be like anyway.
butterfly 09:45 AM 10-23-2013
I can do first aide online, but I have to have the CPR done in person - to practice on a dummy and have an instructor make sure I'm doing it correctly - to have it count in my state.
Reply Up