Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question About Interviews
Unregistered 06:59 AM 09-28-2017
I had an interview with a family that has one child who will be two in November. Currently, my infant spots are full and I will not have an infant opening until June of 2019. I do not tell interviewing families what my infant openings are because I don't feel like it is my place to bring it up. If a family asks, I will let them know.
Since the interview, they have emailed me a few other questions and are still deciding if my daycare is a good fit for them. I feel that they would be a good fit for my group.
I am however, going back and forth about whether or not I should mention to them that I will not have a full time infant opening for quite some time. Thoughts?
Blackcat31 07:03 AM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I had an interview with a family that has one child who will be two in November. Currently, my infant spots are full and I will not have an infant opening until June of 2019. I do not tell interviewing families what my infant openings are because I don't feel like it is my place to bring it up. If a family asks, I will let them know.
Since the interview, they have emailed me a few other questions and are still deciding if my daycare is a good fit for them. I feel that they would be a good fit for my group.
I am however, going back and forth about whether or not I should mention to them that I will not have a full time infant opening for quite some time. Thoughts?
I don't understand what the issue is?

Is the family expecting so they would be wanting an infant spot too? But you don't or won't have a spot until June 2019.

Do you currently have room for their soon to be 2 yr old?

What state are you in?
Unregistered 07:35 AM 09-28-2017
They currently have the one child that I do have space for now. I am just wondering if I should mention to them that I would not have a spot for an infant (for almost two years) should they choose to have another child?
storybookending 07:38 AM 09-28-2017
Is the mom pregnant or mentioning wanting another child soon? I wouldn't say anything unless they specifically asked. A lot can change between now and summer of next year.
Blackcat31 07:40 AM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
They currently have the one child that I do have space for now. I am just wondering if I should mention to them that I would not have a spot for an infant (for almost two years) should they choose to have another child?
Oh okay... I understand now. I wouldn't mention it to them. If they aren't expecting it's really not something they are probably concerned about and if they do decide to have another child, a lot of things can happen between now and then. A family could leave your care which would change your availability, they could decide to stay home and care for their own children or who knows... I wouldn't stress about it.

They are looking for space for their one child and you have space so if they are a good fit for your program and you want to enroll them I would go ahead and do so and I wouldn't worry one bit about future availability.
Unregistered 08:03 AM 09-28-2017
Okay, thanks for the input. 😊
daycarediva 10:16 AM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Oh okay... I understand now. I wouldn't mention it to them. If they aren't expecting it's really not something they are probably concerned about and if they do decide to have another child, a lot of things can happen between now and then. A family could leave your care which would change your availability, they could decide to stay home and care for their own children or who knows... I wouldn't stress about it.

They are looking for space for their one child and you have space so if they are a good fit for your program and you want to enroll them I would go ahead and do so and I wouldn't worry one bit about future availability.
exactly!
Tags:interview questions, interviews
Reply Up