Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holy Daycare Calls, Batman!
butterfly 10:36 AM 01-09-2015
Anyone else getting flooded with daycare calls this week? I've lost track of how many calls have come in. At least 6 calls per day. I am not advertising, don't have a website or facebook.... Only listed on the state listing and word of mouth. I wasn't even looking to fill my 2 to 3 spots that are currently available, but after turning away numerous calls, I've decided to interview a couple... We'll see how it goes.

I do a school year only daycare, so this isn't my usual time to be receiving so many inquires.
NeedaVaca 10:51 AM 01-09-2015
Probably a bunch of people left providers over disputes from Holiday pay lol,
DaveA 10:58 AM 01-09-2015
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
I hadn't thought about that. I've gotten a couple of calls this week from people needing childcare asap. Not sorry I don't have any openings right now.
butterfly 11:02 AM 01-09-2015
you could be right!!!
Shell 11:06 AM 01-09-2015
Nope, please send some my way! I just termed a family, and now am struggling to find a replacement. I have someone lined up...in three months!
Controlled Chaos 12:27 PM 01-09-2015
wow! I did have 3 calls in one day earlier this week, which was pretty awesome.
Josiegirl 03:20 PM 01-09-2015
Did a center close down or something like that? I don't think I got 6 calls in all of 2014.
butterfly 04:27 PM 01-09-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Did a center close down or something like that? I don't think I got 6 calls in all of 2014.
I did have one lady say her daycare was closing at the end of the month, but I got the impression it was a home daycare. Several are returning to work after being a sahm for a few months/years. Others, who knows. I don't recall ever having this many calls at once. Had an interview scheduled for this evening that no called no showed. But it doesn't break my heart at this point.
daycarediva 05:08 PM 01-09-2015
I'm getting them from prek parents who decided they aren't happy with their current prek program. Some private prek/home daycare, Montessori, and UPK.
daycare 05:39 PM 01-09-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I'm getting them from prek parents who decided they aren't happy with their current prek program. Some private prek/home daycare, Montessori, and UPK.
that happened to me last year in Jan and then again in Sept. Our school starts beginning of august and I think parents really didn't like the fact that none of our school that offer UPK offer before or after school care programs or any third party, so they pulled their kid and put them back in DC some came to me too.... I didn't really want to take them at that age because I hate turn around...lol
daycarediva 05:42 PM 01-09-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
that happened to me last year in Jan and then again in Sept. Our school starts beginning of august and I think parents really didn't like the fact that none of our school that offer UPK offer before or after school care programs or any third party, so they pulled their kid and put them back in DC some came to me too.... I didn't really want to take them at that age because I hate turn around...lol
I'm getting a LOT of calls for new 2's, too though. I LOVE 2yo's and all my 4's are aging out in Sept, so I'm trying to set my wait list up so that I have ALL 6 kids the same age/entering K the same year.
LadyK8 08:47 PM 01-09-2015
I wish I could say that I was having a problem with this. lol

Down to one kid again and they could really use a playmate, and I most definitely could use the income.
Unregistered 12:49 PM 01-10-2015
LOL!!!!! I thought I was the only one having awkward post-holiday-pay tension. (If you get a call from a full-time mom, with a 23 month-old girl, RUN!!!!!!! She'd rather rip out her own eyeballs and eat them, than pay you for a day that you're not working.)
SilverSabre25 06:59 PM 01-10-2015
Yes actually. I've had more interest in the last 2 weeks than I had last time I put up ads! Crazy. no clients from it yet though> I've tracked the problem to 1. my chidlren and 2. my children (they are AWFUL during interviews) and possibly a few others, but those are the biggest.
Controlled Chaos 07:56 PM 01-10-2015
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Yes actually. I've had more interest in the last 2 weeks than I had last time I put up ads! Crazy. no clients from it yet though> I've tracked the problem to 1. my chidlren and 2. my children (they are AWFUL during interviews) and possibly a few others, but those are the biggest.
Oh no! That is hard. I had one interview where my 3 were all INSANE! From then on I don't do interviews with them. I know this is often impossible for single parents or when the partner works hard shifts. Recently when DH was at work I put my 3 and 5 year old in front of a movie (we super limit TV so they are glued to it) and then I let the 1 year old run free. She is in a darling/flirty stage so she is an asset to charming parents. My 3 yo on the other hand...he once asked a prospective dcp "wanna fight?! I fight ya!" Then ran at them with his new light saber...yep THANK GOD the dad thought is was hilarious. I was mortified.
Cat Herder 06:19 AM 01-12-2015
I have been getting quite a few calls as well. It runs in cycles, IME.

It is the time of year that many providers raise their rates, change their contracts or have reported "personality changes"; often due to new years resolutions (dieting, quitting smoking, going back to school, getting a backbone).
Tags:daycare hoppers
Reply Up