Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Spend Time With Your Kids People!!!
lilcupcakes09 03:42 AM 02-13-2015
It really chaps me that so many parents just do not care about taking advantage of the extra time they have with their children!!! If you are off every Friday, why do you insist on getting your child up amd ready to be at my house at opening at 630???? Sleep in, have breakfast together, put them on the bus or even take them to school for a special treat......
Last time I checked I was not here so you could go back home and go back to sleep! I dream of days I could put my child on the bus and go back to sleep!!
I think it may be time for a policy change! Rant over!
NoMoreJuice! 05:06 AM 02-13-2015
This kind of behavior from parents makes me furious as well!!! However, you expect them to follow your contract, and so you must follow it as well. It really doesn't matter what they do after they drop the child at your house...you are both just fulfilling a contractual agreement. Sorry, it really sucks though.
butterfly 08:31 AM 02-13-2015
I get annoyed by this sometimes too. What really bothers me is when the parent comes in and tells me all about how great their day off was and proceeds to go into detail about the wonderful spa day, great lunch out, shopping, and on and on. - While their child is the very first one here in the morning and very last one to be picked up in the evening.

Honestly, I'm just jealous that I don't ever get to do those things. I feel too guilty taking a day off to do that. I think if I were to take a day off then proceed to tell all the parents about all the awesome things I did that day, I'd have no clients left. They'd be ticked to find alternate care when I was just taking a me day.

I feel your pain, but don't think there is anything to be done about it. Even a change in contract will just cause the parent's to be dishonest about if they are working or not.

finsup 09:32 AM 02-13-2015
I don't get it either I hear the argument "well I'm paying for it!" Which is true but its also like yeah, make sure you get your money's worth, that is more important then spending time with your child I don't ever question it and won't give them a hard time over it but it def doesn't impress me to say the least.
Blackcat31 09:35 AM 02-13-2015
Originally Posted by finsup:
I don't get it either I hear the argument "well I'm paying for it!" Which is true but its also like yeah, make sure you get your money's worth, that is more important then spending time with your child I don't ever question it and won't give them a hard time over it but it def doesn't impress me to say the least.
I'm paying for my car too but I let it sit in the garage at night unused!

Probably not getting my money's worth but it is what it is.

I agree that I don't identify with some of my clients parenting styles but if they all valued time with their child as much as I do then there would only be providers and no clients.
melilley 10:46 AM 02-13-2015
Originally Posted by finsup:
This is my thought. I get that parents need a break, that they need a "me" day, but when it's all the time or one day every week, that's ridiculous to me. I would love to be able to drive my dd to school every day, or even once a week!
lilcupcakes09 10:58 AM 02-13-2015
Amen!!
I am fortunate enough to have every other Friday off during the day after getting my SAs off on the bus(thanks to some parents who actually keep their kids home while off) and I try to go have lunch with my children at school whenever I can. But cannot unfortunately ever take them to school because of the parents that need to bring kids on their days off

And funny part is.....do they ever offer us a "me" day???
Nope that is supposed to happen on a Saturday or Sunday!

Cheers to a 3 day weekend ladies!!!!

Originally Posted by melilley:
This is my thought. I get that parents need a break, that they need a "me" day, but when it's all the time or one day every week, that's ridiculous to me. I would love to be able to drive my dd to school every day, or even once a week!

Reply Up