Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pay Day
ishickman 12:59 PM 02-08-2017
In starting up a in home business you can't do everything yourself. Can anybody give me some ideas on to afford helpers such as a care provider to work with just infants and how to rate the pay right?

Or if I need an assistant care provider to maybe watch the kids play in the play area while I prepare lunch or a snack???

Any ideas to get reasonable yet affordable helpers and how to configure their pay when starting off...

Thanks
Lil_Diddle 09:15 PM 02-08-2017
Appeal to stay at home moms that have just their kids to school and would just like a few hours a day, or offer a slight discount for a mom to bring her own child with her (which is not always ideal as there are more behavior issues from that child)
284878 07:06 AM 02-09-2017
No hired helpers here. I have a small group of four, all under two except DD age four. Prepping meals in the morning and having a planned menu helps. Sometimes Dh holds babies after he gets home, while I do some cleaning up and deal with pick ups. (He does occasionally work over and run errands after work, so he is not always here while my DC is open.)
LysesKids 07:36 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
No hired helpers here. I have a small group of four, all under two except DD age four. Prepping meals in the morning and having a planned menu helps. Sometimes Dh holds babies after he gets home, while I do some cleaning up and deal with pick ups. (He does occasionally work over and run errands after work, so he is not always here while my DC is open.)
Same here... no hired help; all 4 under 18 months. I'm an empty nester with no hubby either. I couldn't afford to hire someone @ at least minimum wage If I'm just making over that myself
NeedaVaca 08:41 AM 02-09-2017
How many children will you provide care for?
daycarediva 09:46 AM 02-09-2017
How many children do you plan to have in care? Licensed? What are your rates? How much help do you NEED?

I have 6 18m-5yo's daily and 2 before/after school. No assistants (a sub, as needed but she isn't an employee as she provides this service to several daycares in the area so she is an independent contractor)

I do all of my cooking prep before children arrive, put it in tupperware or whatever if I need to toss it in the oven real quick, rinse and load the dishwasher as they finish up. Easy, with planning.

My state regs require line of sight supervision for children, so I stay in the same room as them. They all go outside together, inside together, rest together, eat together. There are no 'gaps' in supervision (aside from my potty breaks, which I carefully time)
Mom2Two 11:38 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
a sub, as needed but she isn't an employee as she provides this service to several daycares in the area so she is an independent contractor
That's a smart idea for someone. Don't we all want a sub occasionally?
Reply Up