Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Classroom Music
Cat Herder 08:51 AM 12-16-2020
How do you provide music in your classroom/playroom?

I am still using an old school portable radio and DVD'S. I need an upgrade.

That said, I will also need a bit of education and links on your suggestion.

Thanks in advance!!!
Annalee 09:11 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

Thanks in advance!!!
I also still run my cd's through the dvd player....I don't have dish in my daycare room so what plays I have to put in.
Blackcat31 09:12 AM 12-16-2020
Add me to the same list.
I play CD's through the DVD player.

I do have a Firestick and that allows me to download Pandora but I can barely figure out how to operate the Firestick so I haven't dug into how Pandora works.

So old school here too!
Annalee 09:21 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Add me to the same list.
I play CD's through the DVD player.

I do have a Firestick and that allows me to download Pandora but I can barely figure out how to operate the Firestick so I haven't dug into how Pandora works.

So old school here too!
My son's have a firestick but I didn't even know that would give me an option I don't think my mind would allow me to tackle anyting too strenuous right now, though. My patience is very thin and it doesn't take much to make me want to cry
Gemma 09:23 AM 12-16-2020

Thanks in advance!!!
I use Pandora
kendallina 09:58 AM 12-16-2020
I have an Alexa and an Amazon Music and pandora subscriptions. I LOVE it! Can get any particular song or cd or random music that I want. It's used daily by my family and preschool.

I also have several audiobooks that we listen to during lunch and to start nap. Alexa does have some free stories for kids but not good variety. Every now and again I sign up for an Audible subscription and get two free credits for signing up then buy a few new kids books, there are many great ones for under a dollar or two.

I still have my cd player for a particular kids Halloween cd that I like and all of my Pete the Cat audio books.

I love music and couldn't get through some days without it. It's not unusual for the kids to see me to dancing to the Love Shack while cleaning up from lunch.
Cat Herder 10:10 AM 12-16-2020
I just saw I wrote DVD'S in my OP. I do use those too, but have updated my tv/movie skills these days.

How do you use Pandora, Alexa, Audible or Firesticks for music? I don't have a TV in the playroom so would need some type of appliance.
284878 10:14 AM 12-16-2020
The kids like Alexa (Free). I just say play kids music, or kidz bop or disney and she does. If I am paying attention, I tell again when commercial begins or if I don't find the song appropriate.
Kids like Google because they can ask her what an animal sounds like.
But I also do play cd in a cd player.
Rockgirl 10:28 AM 12-16-2020
We have a portable Bose sound dock—I Bluetooth my phone to it and listen to Pandora or an Apple Music playlist.

We rarely ever listen to children’s music, because I can’t handle it. Lol. We listen to kid-appropriate music....just not kiddie-music.
Bluemoon5 10:58 AM 12-16-2020
I use Pandora on my old kindle fire hooked up to a simple speaker like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010O...kle_scm_asin_0

Naptime music is a playlist on an old ipod someone donated in an ipod docking station.
Gemma 01:30 PM 12-16-2020
How do you use Pandora, Alexa, Audible or Firesticks for music? I don't have a TV in the playroom so would need some type of appliance.
I made a Pandora account on my pc, then I downloaded the app on my phone and my account was there
Now I can have Pandora on all my TVs, and I use the phone so we have music in the playground
daisymay 02:16 PM 12-16-2020
I use Apple Music on my phone (free for a year with Verizon and then $9.99 a month after) and bluetooth to connect to my CD player. Another option is an Amazon Eco Dot (Alexa). Very easy to use, set up with an app on your phone. Basically everything has/is an app now and you can just get any bluetooth speaker and play from your phone. If you have Amazon you also have Amazon Music included in the annual fee. Download Amazon Music and login with your Amazon shopping credentials.

https://www.target.com/p/amazon-echo...l/-/A-54145529
daisymay 02:17 PM 12-16-2020
https://www.target.com/p/sony-xb12-p...l/-/A-76486339

Here is an inexpensive bluetooth speaker also.
Cat Herder 02:36 PM 12-16-2020
I am loving this thread! I am just really behind today. I am peeking in. Thank you, guys!
Ariana 03:34 PM 12-18-2020
I also use Bluetooth from my phone to a Bluetooth clock radio in case I want to listen to radio as well. I can also physically plug my phone into it to play music which was important to me because my phone is always dead.

I also use Apple Music which is $14.99 for my family plan.

Mine is similar to this but doesn’t have a dock
https://www.ihomeaudio.com/idl95bx/
flying_babyb 02:58 PM 12-20-2020
we have a tablet and a auxiliary cord. we upgraded (it was only $50) our cd/tape player so we could plug in the tablet. We do ALOT of youtubbing! All the little blue truck books are on there too!
Tags:music, music players, music program
Reply Up