Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>T-shirts made for home daycare..is it weird?
Provider_Manda 11:59 AM 11-28-2012
I was thinking about getting some t-shirts made for myself that has our home daycare name on it..For one I am tired of looking like a slob, but also tired of ruining my shirts.

I thought it would look better to be more of a "uniform" look, and if I wore them to the store its advertisment

It's bad to say, but I hardly ever get "ready" for work anymore and I miss it! I look like death warmed over, sweats..hair not fixed and no makeup, it's a wonder I haven't scared the kids to death

So those of you who stay at home do you get ready? And would tshirts be weird?
Heidi 12:06 PM 11-28-2012
No, I don't think they would be wierd. It could be really cute.

My sister made purple ones with puff-paint that she and all the kids wear for field trips. They are very bright, easy to spot the kiddos, and they are really cute.

Polos would be a little dressier, if you like them.

Either way, get them in a variety of colors so people don't think you're wearing the same thing every day.
lil angels 12:33 PM 11-28-2012
I have t shirts made with my home daycare logo on them. I had them made through visa print on line it is only about $10 a shirt. I love them I don't destroy my clothes anymore.
williams2008 01:15 PM 11-28-2012
I also have home daycare t-shirts with my name and logo on them. I had mine made through custom ink, they were pretty pricey, but I love them. After seeing me wear mine, some of the parents requested to order one!
Unregistered 05:42 PM 11-28-2012
The daycare I used to work at the provider made T-shirts and would wear them as advertisement and had her kids wear them when they were younger and went out to social events for children. One of my teacher's did this for her FCC too (she closed her FCC to become a director and instructor at the college's preschool center) she sometimes wears her shirts to class- especially when she teaches classes on Family Child Care Administration.

They didn't have them as uniforms but I have thought of doing something like that when I start mine and having them in diffenerent colors (or local school colors/your DC colors or 1 in just every color) maybe some with long sleves and some with short sleaves (for different weather) so it doesn't look like I'm wearing the same one every day. You could have a logo like kids holding hands (or your business logo/initials) or even just a polo shirt with your daycare name and if you want to get really fancy (if you have staff) their names embrodierd in the shirt (and maybe also have it say staff, assistant, or teacher above their names (or on the back) and yours says provider, head teacher, director, or owner-.

But I think it will bring a sense of prefessionalism because it makes you look more like an invested business owner and a teacher than a babysitter.
Sunshine74 07:13 PM 11-28-2012
I think it is a great idea. At our center we screen printed t-shirts- of all different colors. The screen printing kit was from Michael's craft store, but I'm sure you could them them at other places. http://www.michaels.com/Super-Value-...ngkits&start=6 . The kit was about $60, but we had a 40% off coupon. It lasts forever and is super easy to use.

Not only do we have the staff wear the shirts, but we have shirts for the children that they wear on outings. We have three different colors for the children's shirts, one for each classroom.

I have gotten so much interest for the day care just by wearing one of my shirts when I go out (after work, on my lunch hour), and even some clients.
Blissful Kids 07:36 PM 11-28-2012
I think it's a great idea. My mom works for a screen printer and I am thinking of having some printed for the kids and onesies for the babies and giving them as Christmas presents. I'd have some printed for myself too. Who wants to ruin nice clothes? And it does give a professional look while still being in comfortable clothes in your home.
DaisyMamma 08:06 AM 11-30-2012
I've often thought of doing this myself! I think it's a great idea!
Right now I have all different cartoon tee shirts that I wear. They are hard to find in adult sizes, of course, but can usually be found in the pajama section of walmart for a few dollars. The kids love them.
DBug 09:11 AM 11-30-2012
I had t-shirts made up through vistaprint as well, with my daycare name, logo and website. It sure saved my regular clothes from being destroyed! When they wore out, I got the embroidered polos from vista -- they look so much better, and look that much more professional
Unregistered 09:18 AM 11-30-2012
I started having shirts made at a local screen printing company years ago! I can deduct them as advertising expense and you are correct, it does look like a uniform. I have tshirts long and short sleeve, hoodies, and even a few polos! Often we go through a couple of shirts a day (or more) with infants so this lets me rotate things without ruining my good clothes. I get many compliments on them too! Just because we work from home doesn't mean we should stay in our pjs all day! Come on now, if we want to be seen as professionals, we need to look like professionals!

I say go print you some shirts!!
littlesunshinesdaycare 06:07 PM 12-02-2012
I have black and navy polos that I wear that have my daycare name and logo on them. I like them and it means I dont ruin my own clothing.
Reply Up