Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
TwinKristi 04:31 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by Naptime yet?:
God bless you. I've decided I only like infants if I can give them back after 2 minutes.
for some reason I've just always loved babies! Since I was a little girl! Hence the 6 kids and a daycare! LOL it's teenagers I can't deal with for more than 2 mins!!
racemom 05:23 AM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
for some reason I've just always loved babies! Since I was a little girl! Hence the 6 kids and a daycare! LOL it's teenagers I can't deal with for more than 2 mins!!
I have a 14 year old and some mornings I cannot wait to drop him off and go see my babies who love me! Lol
Cradle2crayons 05:29 AM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by racemom:
I have a 14 year old and some mornings I cannot wait to drop him off and go see my babies who love me! Lol
I'm in the same space with my 11 year old daughter. Lol. After husbands first three sons from previous gosh I wanted a little girl. I worried he couldn't make a girl and my daughter was my miracle because I couldn't get pregnant. (Yeh ok)

Fast forward... Bras at 9... Aunt Flo a few months ago... And I swear hearing my daughter yell from he tub. "I'm ready to shave my pits now" makes me wonder why in the world I wanted a little girl!!!!!

I love her though...
Atroya 05:45 AM 03-31-2014
Off to a great start. Dcm brought the 6mo old dcg screaming and crying, and the 2.5 yr old had a temper tantrum within 2 minutes of walking in the door. Dcm picks up baby out of carrier...baby instantly gets happy. Mom says"Oh, you just wanted picked up?"...I said"Yes"(I know she wasn't looking for a comment from me, but she told me she was going to work on that before her maternity leave was over...LIE). Then she proceeds to hand her to me as if I am just going to stand there and hold her when I have other kids there, including my own that I have to get ready for school. As soon as she left I put the baby down(she instantly starts screaming again). I put her in the swing and luckily it worked this time(sometimes it doesn't). I am dying for someone else to call for daycare so I can get rid of these two!!!! Or find a job..whichever comes first.
BumbleBee 09:14 AM 03-31-2014
2nd time in 3 weeks we've been out & about when a person I don't know comes up and picks up one of the daycare kids. The first time it was an Aunt. This time it was a grandma. Seriously, introduce yourself first!
hippiedaycaregal 01:11 PM 03-31-2014
Today has been super hard, one dcb came in hitting and taking toys today, and by lunch time every one was very upset, I had a mid day pick-up right after lunch and while this was all going on my husband was calling and texting me trying to get some numbers he needed. I just barely made it to nap time! I need to have a talk with this dcb's mom. I'm very consistent with redirection when this dcb takes and I have her practice good sharing. When she hits I have her practice using gentle hands and we do timeouts with mom's approval, but it just seems to be getting worse! Normally she is a very sweet kid, but lately it's been awefu l Any tips would be wonderful!
ihop 02:32 PM 03-31-2014
Apparently my no solicitation sign means nothing!!! Just had some carpet cleaner people knock a dozen times and ring the door bell 4 times before I could make it to the door. and I was only five feet away. I opened the door with my mean face on and informed them that this is a daycare and its nap time and I absolutely do not appreciate that!!!

Then they had the nerve to ask me if I need my carpets cleaned? No, I don't have carpet. Area rugs? Are you kidding me! No. Hard wood? I shut the door on them. I know its your job but you could at least have a little respect for other people! ugh vent over.
NightOwl 08:58 PM 03-31-2014
Originally Posted by jgcp:
So i just have to say i hate living in a small town sometimes. You usually know most of your dc fams personaly and it makes confronting them hard!! I cant even bring myself to hang out with my friend anymore cause i cannot stand how inconsistant she is. I dont want my child around the dcg more than he has to be. (shes a horrible, spoiled rotten child) shes my only full time cause there is probably a childcare provider every 5 houses where i live it sucks!! Wish my dh actually took me serious about moving he thinks im just talking out of frustration? But on a good note i love this forum and its what gets me through my day/week sometimes!
One of my kids is my nephew and this whole experience with him has made me seriously dislike my sister! She's a terrible parent. I may have to love them, but I don't have to like them! And any issue we have, she brings our mom in on it. And guess who's always wrong?
craftymissbeth 01:37 PM 04-01-2014
Just charged my first late fee in the entire almost year I've been open. It was dcm of two dck's I've only had 4 weeks. Dcm was exactly 20 minutes late... she called at the 17 minute mark and said "sorry, there was an incident at my older sons school. I'll be there in 10 minutes". My reply was "ok see you then".

She got here and wanted to chit chat... Ugh... I interrupted her and said "I really need to get the other kids ready to go home since I didn't have a chance to. Don't forget the $20 late fee in the morning so that I can take the boys tomorrow!"

She looked at me like "late fee??"

"Yep, since pick up is 3:00 any time after that is $5 per child for every per 15 minute portion. $20. See you tomorrow!"

Ugh, yeah i don't work for free, lady.
SilverSabre25 08:09 AM 04-04-2014
Child is screaming like she's being beaten if she gets within two feet of the floor, or if I walk past her without picking her up, or look at her without picking her up.

Guess who's getting an early lunch and an early nap? Thank goodness for a weird day today....
Oss_cc 01:02 PM 04-04-2014
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Child is screaming like she's being beaten if she gets within two feet of the floor, or if I walk past her without picking her up, or look at her without picking her up.

Guess who's getting an early lunch and an early nap? Thank goodness for a weird day today....
why do parents reward that behavior?
My DCK does the same thing. This morning at drop off, her parents remarked that she cried every time the mom did anything but hold her all morning. Read between the lines that that meant she just held her all morning. So guess who got to deal with that?
Set her down to help another kid get her coat and shoes off and apparently she was dying based on her screams. Sheesh.
BumbleBee 04:21 AM 04-07-2014
Last Monday my 7am pulled into the driveway at 6:58 (didn't come in until 7). This Monday it's now 7:20 and they aren't here yet. My next one today isn't until 7:45. I could've slept in.
MsLaura529 06:33 AM 04-07-2014
I normally have 2 families drop off between 7:30-7:50. Then, the next family doesn't come until after 8 (between 8 and 8:15). This morning ALL of them were walking up to the door at 7:30. DD is home from preschool this week for spring break (she is normally gone Mon, Wed, and Fri from 8:30-12:30). I had to pull out Imaginext buildings out of the daycare after the first thirty-five minutes, and I was close to getting rid of the car bin shortly after that. I didn't even get to have my first sip of coffee until 8:54 - I normally have my cup all gone by 8. I have a feeling this week is going o be horrendous. Way to be positive, right?
BumbleBee 06:47 AM 04-07-2014
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
I normally have 2 families drop off between 7:30-7:50. Then, the next family doesn't come until after 8 (between 8 and 8:15). This morning ALL of them were walking up to the door at 7:30. DD is home from preschool this week for spring break (she is normally gone Mon, Wed, and Fri from 8:30-12:30). I had to pull out Imaginext buildings out of the daycare after the first thirty-five minutes, and I was close to getting rid of the car bin shortly after that. I didn't even get to have my first sip of coffee until 8:54 - I normally have my cup all gone by 8. I have a feeling this week is going o be horrendous. Way to be positive, right?
Lol, one of the SA's just asked me if they were annoying me yet. Oh boy....
AmyLeigh 09:31 AM 04-08-2014
I have the sweetest, most docile little 3 yo dcg whom I love. My only complaint about her is every time anyone says anything to her, she responds, "Huh?" Every. Single. Time. I will have eye contact with her, speak slowly and clearly, and it's "huh?" I know its not her hearing, because lately I've been asking her, "what did I just say?" and she repeats back what I just said. I don't know if it has become a habit or what, but it's driving me and the rest of the kiddos crazy!!
melilley 10:02 AM 04-08-2014
Today is my Monday and I can't stand today and it needs to end soon!*stomping feet*.
My infant won't stop crying, the 2.5b yo keeps telling me "no", the other 1.5yo kid cries and goes limp when ever I wipe his nose or have to move him, dd is only half listening and dh is really getting on my nerves and he isn't even here...Today NEEDS TO END NOW!

Thank you.
melilley 10:04 AM 04-08-2014
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
I have the sweetest, most docile little 3 yo dcg whom I love. My only complaint about her is every time anyone says anything to her, she responds, "Huh?" Every. Single. Time. I will have eye contact with her, speak slowly and clearly, and it's "huh?" I know its not her hearing, because lately I've been asking her, "what did I just say?" and she repeats back what I just said. I don't know if it has become a habit or what, but it's driving me and the rest of the kiddos crazy!!
I have a 3 yo who does the same thing! Sometimes I just have to tell her never mind.
MotherNature 07:30 AM 04-10-2014
Again with the skinny jeans on dcg2. She can pull down sweats, but can't pull them up. So freaking aggravating. Glad I have 4 days left with her. Mom can deal with her wardrobe and pottying then. I doubt she'll be in skinny jeans then. Mom's due with a baby any day now...
jgcp 02:54 PM 04-10-2014
*** is it a full moon or something these kids ( mine included) are so horrible today!! No one is listening and they keep screaming, happy screaming, but its still loud and crazy!!!!! I've tried reading singing and they want nothing to do with it. Today can be over already.
Play Care 05:49 AM 04-11-2014
Several years ago I had an assistant. She was okay, but not great. I would not hire her back. She quit on me to go work in a doctors office, which she felt would give her more "professional" experience. She wound up getting fired because she couldn't handle to duties necessary for the job. I wasn't surprised because anytime it got a little dicey here, she would get squirrely.

My vent - She keeps using me for a reference. I wish she wouldn't because I can't think of a nice way to tell the person calling that I can't recommend her.
Annalee 09:06 AM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Several years ago I had an assistant. She was okay, but not great. I would not hire her back. She quit on me to go work in a doctors office, which she felt would give her more "professional" experience. She wound up getting fired because she couldn't handle to duties necessary for the job. I wasn't surprised because anytime it got a little dicey here, she would get squirrely.

My vent - She keeps using me for a reference. I wish she wouldn't because I can't think of a nice way to tell the person calling that I can't recommend her.
I had this problem before and I would tell the person calling that this person will show up on time but that is as much all I could say!
bugandbubsmama 11:29 AM 04-11-2014
why do so many parents let their kids do nearly anything they want..
i have an over then 2.5 year old who has always been a pain to sleep...wonder why! she goes to bed around 10..maybe 11...on the couch...cause that is where she likes to fall asleep...wakes up around 6...unless its a bad night and she is up at 3:30-4 am..or was up form 3-5 (they let her get up and color..or play toys?!?) and fell back asleep. NO average child does that unless it is permitted!
And they want me to reduce naps or put up a fight at nap??!?! she avg 8hrs sleep/night...that is not enough to take away nap...maybe i just need to let her fall asleep on the floor when she feels like it!
Play Care 12:52 PM 04-11-2014
We have been stuck inside most of the winter with below 0 temps. We FINALLY get Spring and my 5 yo dcb is begging to come INSIDE!!

NO!!
melilley 01:05 PM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by bugandbubsmama:
why do so many parents let their kids do nearly anything they want..
i have an over then 2.5 year old who has always been a pain to sleep...wonder why! she goes to bed around 10..maybe 11...on the couch...cause that is where she likes to fall asleep...wakes up around 6...unless its a bad night and she is up at 3:30-4 am..or was up form 3-5 (they let her get up and color..or play toys?!?) and fell back asleep. NO average child does that unless it is permitted!
And they want me to reduce naps or put up a fight at nap??!?! she avg 8hrs sleep/night...that is not enough to take away nap...maybe i just need to let her fall asleep on the floor when she feels like it!
I have the same family! Dcb who is 1.5 is always up in the middle of the night and they let him eat, play, etc... Ridiculous! Then once, dcb slept with dad and mom slept somewhere else. Dcd drops off and tells me that dcm woke up in the middle of the night because she heard hammering on the wall, it was dcb hammering with his play hammer! Dcd had no idea dcb woke up and was playing in the house!
preschoolteacher 06:11 PM 04-14-2014
2.5 DCB hit teeny tiny 22-month DCG in the head with a toy, on purpose, and left a welt and even broke the skin.

His mom's reaction at pick-up? "I'm just surprised he hasn't done something like that at your place already." No comment made to DCB about his behavior. No "is DCG ok?" ugh!!
jgcp 09:47 PM 04-16-2014
When DCM picked up 2 yr old dcg she started acting up (like always) well DCM got up to leave put something of dcg in her bag and of course dcg girlnsarted throwing a fit AND BIT DCM ON HER FACE AND THEN SLAPPED MOM!!!! Whoa I've never seen a kid do that! Really all I did was laugh cause well this I what happens when the princess of the house has no discipline. DCM just told her no we don't do that in a small weak quiet voice ugggggg
hwichlaz 07:41 AM 04-17-2014
Up at 530am for kids slotted to arrive at 545am, and they were a no show no call.

NightOwl 11:26 AM 04-17-2014
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Up at 530am for kids slotted to arrive at 545am, and they were a no show no call.

Omg, that makes me so angry. Charge them anyway.
TwinKristi 11:28 AM 04-17-2014

I would be livid!!!
Second Home 02:35 PM 04-17-2014
6 yr old sa boy is here today because of spring break . You would think a kid this old would know enough to at least tell me when he poops ( the big D )on the bathroom floor . NOPE he leaves it there .

On the bright side he will not be coming tomorrow since he has D .
ihop 02:38 PM 04-17-2014
Originally Posted by Second Home:
6 yr old sa boy is here today because of spring break . You would think a kid this old would know enough to at least tell me when he poops ( the big D )on the bathroom floor . NOPE he leaves it there .

I thought my Sa kid was bad. I would have been livid!
TwinKristi 03:06 PM 04-17-2014

oh I would ban all SA-ers for all eternity!!
bklsmum 04:22 AM 04-18-2014

This is so rude! I had a DCF that did this crap all the time until I finally put my foot down with them. I hate no calls, no shows but the butt crack of dawn ones are the worst!
bklsmum 04:23 AM 04-18-2014

That would be a 'come get you brat,,,I mean kid' call for sure!
SilverSabre25 05:17 AM 04-18-2014
omg. this is going to be a rough day. i woke up soooooo "sensory sensitive" that I'm feeling crazed and it's only my own kids so far. Auditory and tactile inputs are like nails on a chalkboard. I'm literally cringing, wincing, jumping from any sound, any sensation. I would be VERY happy in a sensory deprivation chamber right now.

I get like this when I have a migraine sometimes but I don't have a headache at all. I'm baffled and this is really really uncomfortable.

I have a few things I'm going to try, including my standard migraine cure (chocolate, 20oz coke, double dose of ibuprofen) but mostly I think it's going to be a heck of a long day. And I don't like this! I don't like feeling so....crazed...about every sound, every touch.
TwinKristi 10:44 AM 04-18-2014
Ugh... I have an interview today that's been scheduled and reschedule like 5 times and it's not even for FT care! First she wanted just one day, but now it's just for backup care. I thought for sure a Friday would be better than a Monday but now I'm rethinking that! Blah!! Dh told me not to "try too hard" and stress myself out and it's true. I tidied up like usual but I'm not doing my usual song and dance. Here it is, take it or leave it! LOL
TwinKristi 10:51 AM 04-18-2014
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
omg. this is going to be a rough day. i woke up soooooo "sensory sensitive" that I'm feeling crazed and it's only my own kids so far. Auditory and tactile inputs are like nails on a chalkboard. I'm literally cringing, wincing, jumping from any sound, any sensation. I would be VERY happy in a sensory deprivation chamber right now.

I get like this when I have a migraine sometimes but I don't have a headache at all. I'm baffled and this is really really uncomfortable.

I have a few things I'm going to try, including my standard migraine cure (chocolate, 20oz coke, double dose of ibuprofen) but mostly I think it's going to be a heck of a long day. And I don't like this! I don't like feeling so....crazed...about every sound, every touch.
Ugh... Feel better soon!! That's icky! I've been back to using Excedrine migraine for mine. I haven't had a full blown migraine in awhile (knock on wood) since I've started taking it at my first symptom.
childcaremom 12:18 PM 04-18-2014
I have sent home 2 'reminder' notes that I am closed Good Friday and Easter Monday... Dcm sends a note that dcg will not be here on Monday. Great, cause I'm closed. Dcd picks up and says see you Monday. Um, no, you won't. He has a minor freak out wondering what they are going to do, at which point I tell him that dcm sent a note anyways that dcg wouldn't be here b/c dcm doesn't have to work. He then proceeds to argue with himself whether or not she actually works, then says "must be nice to have the day off" in a snarky tone.

I could have said "yes it is. I have watched your kid for 55 hours a week while you have sat at home doing nothing. I think I deserve a break once in a while."

Instead, I froze my facial features (they always give me away lol) turned and walked away.

And this same family is now late for payment this morning. And no, I will not send reminders. I will call the daily late fees, and possible turn away on Tuesday morning, an apology for being such a.... fill in the blank.
Play Care 05:47 AM 04-21-2014
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I have sent home 2 'reminder' notes that I am closed Good Friday and Easter Monday... Dcm sends a note that dcg will not be here on Monday. Great, cause I'm closed. Dcd picks up and says see you Monday. Um, no, you won't. He has a minor freak out wondering what they are going to do, at which point I tell him that dcm sent a note anyways that dcg wouldn't be here b/c dcm doesn't have to work. He then proceeds to argue with himself whether or not she actually works, then says "must be nice to have the day off" in a snarky tone.

I could have said "yes it is. I have watched your kid for 55 hours a week while you have sat at home doing nothing. I think I deserve a break once in a while."

Instead, I froze my facial features (they always give me away lol) turned and walked away.

And this same family is now late for payment this morning. And no, I will not send reminders. I will call the daily late fees, and possible turn away on Tuesday morning, an apology for being such a.... fill in the blank.
What an ass!! I do feel your pain - I send home notes, verbally tell them *and* put a HUGE sign on my front door and I've still had people show up on a day off
saved4always 06:47 AM 04-21-2014
When DCM picked up 2 yr old dcg she started acting up (like always) well DCM got up to leave put something of dcg in her bag and of course dcg girlnsarted throwing a fit AND BIT DCM ON HER FACE AND THEN SLAPPED MOM!!!! Whoa I've never seen a kid do that! Really all I did was laugh cause well this I what happens when the princess of the house has no discipline. DCM just told her no we don't do that in a small weak quiet voice ugggggg
When I worked at a center, I had a 2 year old who would slap me in the face and tell me no when I would be talking to him on his level. Such a lovely, well behaved child.
TwinKristi 02:33 PM 04-21-2014
Thank you so much DCD, I really wanted to get up before 7, get myself ready on a school vacation day, only to have you not show up or even text me. I finally texted you 30 mins later and you reply with only two words... I could have really used an extra hour or two of sleep, but instead I was up waiting for you.
nannyde 04:17 PM 04-21-2014
That would have been her last minute at my house. I can't be around that. It upsets me too much. She would have to find another daycare for my sake.
SignMeUp 08:20 PM 04-22-2014
%$#%@ $%%#@%$$!!!!

That's all I've got.
Not sure if I spelled it correctly though
Naptime yet? 06:14 AM 04-23-2014
How is it MY fault, DCM, that you had to take off work because of snow days, so now you can't take your child to the dr's because you have "no free time" (and god forbid you use your vacation time) to get the required paperwork back to me so your child can remain in care? May be you should start rethinking those "me days" you like to come in here bragging about. I wish I got it, I really do.
Play Care 07:00 AM 04-23-2014
I can tell you spent time with your mother this weekend, dcg. The way you came in and said "Hi you little sh!ts!" let's me know that LOUD AND CLEAR!
NightOwl 04:46 AM 04-25-2014
Only two children today instead of 6, and of course, it's my bratty nephew and the screamer baby.
mim 09:00 AM 04-28-2014
Why in the world do these parents ask what we do all day and if their kids are going to learn. I tell them we learn through hands on playing not worksheets and I teach the kids their names the way they will learn in kindergarten. Like "Peter" or " Lucy" I let the parents know that we will work on their name this way to prevent the child from having to completely relearn their name in kindergarten. The kids learn do it great all week at daycare. Then Monday morning its like "PETER" or "LULU" cause that's the nickname. They will have to learn it right when school comes. Why bother? I don't know if this is common or just my lack of helpful DCP, but they are no help at home at all. UUUGH frustrating.
Maria2013 09:32 AM 04-28-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
%$#%@ $%%#@%$$!!!!

That's all I've got.
Not sure if I spelled it correctly though

Cradle2crayons 09:33 AM 04-28-2014
Originally Posted by mim:
Why in the world do these parents ask what we do all day and if their kids are going to learn. I tell them we learn through hands on playing not worksheets and I teach the kids their names the way they will learn in kindergarten. Like "Peter" or " Lucy" I let the parents know that we will work on their name this way to prevent the child from having to completely relearn their name in kindergarten. The kids learn do it great all week at daycare. Then Monday morning its like "PETER" or "LULU" cause that's the nickname. They will have to learn it right when school comes. Why bother? I don't know if this is common or just my lack of helpful DCP, but they are no help at home at all. UUUGH frustrating.
Funny you said that... We call my son "little man" because he was a huge baby at birth. Well, his real first and middle name is Damian Lee H***

Well, I taught him to write his real name.

Second week of kindy he came home and I noticed on his papers was...
Yep...

"Damian Lee Little Man H***. Spelled CORRECTLY.

I left it alone lol. Not sure how he learned to spell it, I'm assuming the teacher lol.

But ever since that's what he writes in the name spot lol
Oss_cc 02:24 PM 04-28-2014
What a day... Bickering, fighting, yelling kids all morning. Then I broke my toe, half of the kids are refusing to nap, and I dropped and broke the tv remote. Awesome. Definitely don't need a break or anything today.
sally 10:31 AM 04-29-2014
Soo angry with dcb who will be turning 4 in 2 months. He wore brand new cowboy boots today so excited to show them off yada yada yada he then tries to stomp on my 2 small dogs feet and tails with them then his baby brothers (age 1) hands. I confiscated the boots until grandma picks up, and making him shadow me and came oh soo close to calling his mom for pickup. Come on 5:00
Play Care 10:56 AM 04-29-2014
Originally Posted by Oss_cc:
What a day... Bickering, fighting, yelling kids all morning. Then I broke my toe, half of the kids are refusing to nap, and I dropped and broke the tv remote. Awesome. Definitely don't need a break or anything today.
Oh man! Hope the day gets (MUCH!) better!!
Oss_cc 12:14 PM 04-29-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Oh man! Hope the day gets (MUCH!) better!!
Thank you! Today is 1,000 times better than yesterday
Toe still hurts, of course, but it's not doctor's visit bad. Just my pinky toe. And today is extra nice so we got to play outside alllll morning. It is now naptime
MamaB'sKidz 06:53 PM 04-30-2014
Originally Posted by Oss_cc:
Shew! Your Monday sounds like my day today but without the broken toe. All my DCK'S were extra wild today! And to top it off...at pick up time one of DCM's walks in, DCB is playing with a toy and as she tries to take it away so they can leave, DCB runs over to another kid and strikes him in the head with the toy. And DCM just stands there shaking her head, doesn't say one word. Seriously come on. I hope your toe is feeling better!!
Oss_cc 07:56 PM 04-30-2014
Originally Posted by MamaB'sKidz:
Shew! Your Monday sounds like my day today but without the broken toe. All my DCK'S were extra wild today! And to top it off...at pick up time one of DCM's walks in, DCB is playing with a toy and as she tries to take it away so they can leave, DCB runs over to another kid and strikes him in the head with the toy. And DCM just stands there shaking her head, doesn't say one word. Seriously come on. I hope your toe is feeling better!!
Geez! Days like that are so frustrating! I hope tomorrow goes much better for you
Unregistered 02:43 PM 05-01-2014
Dealing with a fibber big time. Today DcB is alone in the bedroom and starts screaming a blood curdling scream. I ask him what is wrong and he points and says my grandson hit him. This was impossible because my grandson was on the couch in front of me, I was letting him hold the Dcbaby his DcB has done this several times, lied about being hit. 9 Out of 10 times he acuses my grandson. At firstwe truly thought my grandson was being mean and jealous untill things like this began happening . He has even been the only kid here, even my grandson be gone and suddenly start screaming and say he hit him. Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work. If another child tries to talk to me he will jump in front of them to out do what ever is being said. And he pets me! He will just follow me every where and pet/not rub my arm, leg or head when im sitting down . Sometimes with his hand, sometimes his head (no joke) . I am very loving, but I draw the line at petting.
Bookworm 02:55 PM 05-01-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Dealing with a fibber big time. Today DcB is alone in the bedroom and starts screaming a blood curdling scream. I ask him what is wrong and he points and says my grandson hit him. This was impossible because my grandson was on the couch in front of me, I was letting him hold the Dcbaby his DcB has done this several times, lied about being hit. 9 Out of 10 times he acuses my grandson. At firstwe truly thought my grandson was being mean and jealous untill things like this began happening . He has even been the only kid here, even my grandson be gone and suddenly start screaming and say he hit him. Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work. If another child tries to talk to me he will jump in front of them to out do what ever is being said. And he pets me! He will just follow me every where and pet/not rub my arm, leg or head when im sitting down . Sometimes with his hand, sometimes his head (no joke) . I am very loving, but I draw the line at petting.
Sounds like someone wants some attention. Also sounds like the focus is completely on him at home. Being in your DC with other children, he can't get all of the attention and he's frustrated.
TaylorTots 08:37 AM 05-02-2014
I am so tempted to serve lunch a little early today and extend naptime.

How come I never have Fridays where everyone is happy and cooperative? Everyone does amazing on Thursdays and then on Fridays I have to work four times as hard to just get the younger preschoolers to share... and everytime I go to the kitchen to work on lunch the 14m old is rolls on his back and plummel kicks the 12m for no reason, so he's in the kitchen sitting in the highchair... so the 12m old thinks she is missing on lunch and is screaming to get food, which is still cooking.

Oh my goodness. At least my preschoolers are gone right after naptime so I won't have to handle them AND the school agers that are going to be WOUND up since they won't be outside playing (its raining and has been the last 3 days).

Oh and I started new medication today and it is making me STARVING even though I have like no time to eat today. Gah.

/stress
FluffyGrandma 09:29 AM 05-02-2014
I do childcare with my daughter. We have some really good parents, but we have a few bad ones. The worst seem to be our neighbors. And by being bad I am talking I have had to call the police because a DCM drug her daughter out of my home by her hair because she ran off to my house. Many issues prior, but if you harm a child I am done. Makes the neighbor hood a bit uncomfortable. Now we are dealing with another neighbor family. This one my daughter accepted. First night they where 6 hrs past pickup and wouldnt return calls until I threatened to call the law. I was done right there. I feel they pull that first time you are really in for it , but my daughter was trying to stay friendly with the mom. So next stay DcD brings DcK and a large jug of sunny d. We have a share policy that apparently wife didnt give the memo to him because he was livid when he showed up for pu and the juice had been shared. He stomped out without paying and my daughter had to later track down and work out with the mom. Dad scares the heck out of me to say the least. Then last night with no warning dcd shows up at the door looking for my daughter who wasnt here, so he asks if I will watch for a few hrs while he goes to a poil tournament and reminds me we will have him this week for our normal friday of which we havent had for several weeks. So he drops off dck and mumbles about he has meds in his bag and droppers marked for an ear infection and leaves. Hes no sooner gone and I pick child up (hes 3 non verbal and only screams every time another child comes near) so hes on fire! I havent felt a child that hot in a long time. I get a temp and its reading 103! In the bag is childrens motrin and antibiotic. Get this in him and my daughters showed up by then and I have her calling dad to pick him back up, of course no answer! She texts, o reply, so she calls the mom at work. She tells mom we cant watch him that sick and wont be watching today and that he needs to return to doc. Im done! I told daughter no matter how mad neighbors are we are not watching him again. There is an issue every time, we have to chase for pay ((when we give a neighbor discount) and itzs just a nightmare all the way around
Luna 09:58 AM 05-02-2014
Minor, minor vent. I have some very sensitive kids here who are easily frightened by many things they see on tv - so no Disney, no dinosaurs, an episode of Caillou scared them because he was pretending to be a pirate...Anyway, today I put on a documentary about pollinators for quiet time. We have just been treated to the horrifying sight of a hummingbird fight.
I guess we'll just listen to some music.
FluffyGrandma 10:15 AM 05-02-2014
I understand that. I have a few older kids that will try and tell me minor issue shows are not llowed, but then try and make me beleive they are allowed to watch southpark and adult swim. LoL!
preschoolteacher 08:47 PM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by Luna:
Minor, minor vent. I have some very sensitive kids here who are easily frightened by many things they see on tv - so no Disney, no dinosaurs, an episode of Caillou scared them because he was pretending to be a pirate...Anyway, today I put on a documentary about pollinators for quiet time. We have just been treated to the horrifying sight of a hummingbird fight.
This really made me laugh!
Play Care 03:12 AM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by Luna:

Play Care 03:15 AM 05-05-2014
I have ordered a few things online and they are taking fooooooooooever to get here. Including the gift for my DCM who just had a baby.

Mother's Day is Sunday and I need to come up with something for the dckids (and while I know it's not my responsibility as a mom I love getting things that my kids made at school) but with most of my kids in preschool it will take some planning to make sure everyone gets time to do something - provided I figure out what they something is ASAP!!
melilley 11:10 AM 05-05-2014
Ds is not my fav today. He is screaming and won't take a nap. And the kids aren't listening at all today and my infant won't stop crying today. That's all.
FluffyGrandma 08:23 AM 05-07-2014
So DCM normally pays twice a month. She told us last week she would pay today for this week and next. She shows up this morning and says " Heres for this week, I will have to pay my light bill Im behind on first and see what I have left to give ypu towards next week." Wait what! Are you kidding me. No I havent provided the services yet, but this is the agreement we had, so I planned out my week acordingly. This followed by two seperate screamers at drop off who woke the way early kids who often go back to sleep and parents sending their kids with a capri sun and one a chocolate milk and neither any to share so it was a morning of everyone crying.
preschoolteacher 06:04 PM 05-07-2014
Dcd picks up early as I'm about to change his child's diaper. He says he'll do it. Okay, great. He changes, throws diaper away, leaves. When I walk over to the changing area--poop smeared on the opening to the diaper genie, poop smear on the changing mat. Are you kidding me??? Next time I'll change her myself!
Sunshine74 11:02 AM 05-08-2014
Today is one off our high days (12). We couldn't go outside this morning because of the rain, and the kids were not well behaved. And then half of them decided that nap was optional. Umm.... no. I am dreading this afternoon because I know the ones who didn't sleep ( or went to sleep late) are going to be miserable. And on top of it all, for some odd reason I am in a mood and everything is extra irritating.
KiddieCahoots 02:38 PM 05-13-2014
Ugh!!! Drop in dcb2 threw up, projectile! Getting vomit in a large area all over the floor and managing to hit most of the toys there too! While trying to clean it up, another child runs through it. When dcm picks up..... two hours later, wouldn't you know it, he had an episode like this before arriving, and dcm states she thought it was just bad milk he drank
AmyLeigh 12:20 PM 05-15-2014
Dd, 5, just invited dcg to her tea party on Saturday! Ugh! She had made up her mind not to invite her, then changed and told dcm yesterday that dcg was invited. Dcg will be the youngest here, is very introverted, and tea is during her nap time. I don't know for certain if she will come, but considering this will be free childcare for a couple of hours for the parents, I have a feeling she will. If she does come I predict she will either sit in the corner by herself playing with a couple of toys yelling NOOO at everyone who looks at her, or be mad that she doesn't have her cousin's (who will be one of the guests) full attention. I don't want to rescind the invite, that's just plain mean, but, errrggg....I will have 9 other girls here and just don't want to deal with dcg.
Play Care 08:05 AM 05-16-2014
A couple of my dc kids have new babies in the house. Since then we've had a lot of baby talk here and it's driving me crazy! If they ask me for something in baby talk I'll either pretend I can't hear or say "I think someone is trying to ask me something but I don't understand. Maybe if they ask like a big kid I can help." which helps if they are addressing me... Not so much when they are talking to each other.
Nails on a chalkboard.
tehck_1013 02:19 PM 05-19-2014
Sittercity nanny post....

"We have two children 10 y/o boy & 6 y/o girl without special needs. We would like to find a nanny to watch & participate with them in activities this summer while we are at work. The kids are social so someone with children would be great assuming the kids aren't going to learn a bunch of bad behaviors. There will be several weeks this summer where the kids will be elsewhere, so it won't be full time all summer. I'm new to the area, so I'm not sure of the going rate for this type of care. Please contact me and we can discuss details further. Thanks for taking a look!"

Was the special needs comment needed? Seriously, where did that come from? Nobody asked.
Unregistered 02:59 PM 05-21-2014
Why do people have kids when their jobs are more important to them? I will never understand it! It's disgusting. Your kids should always be #1 priority period.

I feel better thanks for this venting thread
LysesKids 03:46 PM 05-22-2014
I am a little desperate to fill these 2 spots ( I only have 2 kids in care at moment) and everything was ok till last week ( I had a drop-in kid almost everyday for 4 weeks); backstory, scheduled a new to the area mom that needed care 4-5 days for interview 2 months ago… excuse after excuse why she was no show (first one was she was a baby coach for a friend who went into labor - confirmed)… I finally wrote her off, come to find out she never switched childcare when she moved, but now her schedule has changed and she has to switch.

I agreed 2 days ago to give her one more chance when she called and we set an interview for 6pm after my babies were gone for the day… NO SHOW, NO CALL. I texted, and got "OH CRAP, I forgot". Fool me once with the garbage, now you are definantly on my NO WAY IN HELL LIST as a family I want in care.

That just added to the headach of my oldest kid went to DR AGAIN ( she was one that was sent last Saturday)… now she is on a Nebulizer and she just turned a year old. OK, I'm good as long as both parents pay ontime tomorrow
daycarediva 11:21 AM 05-27-2014
I had 4 out of 6 preschoolers come in either whining or crying today. Obviously no naps and lots of junk food and little structure but OMG. My BEST behaved child has whined ALL DAY LONG about missing her Mommy (honestly, she misses Mommy being 1:1 with her and having no rules). She NEVER whines or cries, so I'm trying to grin and bear it, but MAN!

Potty words, no manners, writing in applesauce at lunch, tantrums, freaking out over sharing a sand and water table with 1 kid (meant for 4) etc.

STICK A FORK IN ME, I'M DONE!!!!!! Early naps are had by all.
Unregistered 04:03 PM 05-27-2014
Dcm brings 2 year old, said she had diarrhea and fever over the weekend day but no fever today so she should be "fine." SA kid is an annoying brat. I'm exhausted and don't even want to play with my own kids at the end of the day because doing daycare gas worn me out. I hate this job. I hate it I hate it I hate it. I'm only doing it for the money. Disclaimer: I'm awesome at my job. But I frigging hate it. Worst job ever. Terrible pay. Terrible hours. Parents suck. Such a waste of my education.
sally 11:43 AM 05-28-2014
Earlier this month I had emergency surgery to have my gallbladder and appendix removed and spent a week in the hospital. My families weren't thrilled but understood that I would be off while I healed. Since it was emergency surgery I was cut open from about 4 inches below my belly button up to my breast bone. I had 50 staples. Big incision and needed recovery time. I did start my daycare back up on Tuesday. My neighbor contacted me about watching her grandson. I had told her no I needed to recuperate and was having a hard time watching my own kids. Well now I needed the money and started mine back up. I have 4 daycare kids and 2 of my own. That's all I can legally watch. The neighbor won't leave me alone. She called me several times over the last couple days. I explained it to her but she just doesn't care. I had to block her from calling me today because from 6 am until I blocked her at 11:30 she had tried calling me 15 times. She doesn't want to pay me, but wants to have her 7 year old grandson here some days all day, sometimes 6 hours, sometimes 30 minutes. I'm not getting rid of paying clients to watch a child for free. I don't do this job for fun.
saved4always 02:14 PM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by sally:
Earlier this month I had emergency surgery to have my gallbladder and appendix removed and spent a week in the hospital. My families weren't thrilled but understood that I would be off while I healed. Since it was emergency surgery I was cut open from about 4 inches below my belly button up to my breast bone. I had 50 staples. Big incision and needed recovery time. I did start my daycare back up on Tuesday. My neighbor contacted me about watching her grandson. I had told her no I needed to recuperate and was having a hard time watching my own kids. Well now I needed the money and started mine back up. I have 4 daycare kids and 2 of my own. That's all I can legally watch. The neighbor won't leave me alone. She called me several times over the last couple days. I explained it to her but she just doesn't care. I had to block her from calling me today because from 6 am until I blocked her at 11:30 she had tried calling me 15 times. She doesn't want to pay me, but wants to have her 7 year old grandson here some days all day, sometimes 6 hours, sometimes 30 minutes. I'm not getting rid of paying clients to watch a child for free. I don't do this job for fun.
Wow, I don't understand people who think you want to watch their kids or grandkids for free, especially regularly like that. I hope she gets the hint!
TwinKristi 02:18 PM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by sally:
Hello!! Take a hint!!!
Unregistered 09:43 AM 05-29-2014
so, yesterday we took the kids to the park for a special treat, picnic, supposedly fun time
and 7 out of the 9 kids were holy terrors
they tried to run from me when we were sitting down eating, they threw sand in my face, when it was time to go, they hid from me and all the sahm's were snickering and talking about them

If I would have had a huge supply of birth control I would have made a fortune! lol

They are very rarely like this
They turned into aliens yesterday
thanes1 03:47 PM 05-29-2014
I'm so happy this thread is here for me to vent in the future, I know it will come in handy.
deliberateliterate 11:52 AM 05-30-2014
It was past 9, and everyone was here except one DCB4. I texted DCD who said he's be right over, so I got a picnic snack all packed, got the kids sunscreened and dressed to go to the park, and we went outside to wait for him.

He finally comes out of his house (across the street) with a big plate of syruped waffles! I had to make one of the younger kids walk so he could sit in the stroller and eat his breakfast on the way to the park. I don't have a no outside food rule, because most times I don't mind, but really???

In the past week, this kid had come with a giant container of open chocolate milk (that got taken from him before I even closed the door on DCD...not a battle I want to fight with the rest of my kids on why they can't have chocolate milk) - 50 grams of sugar!! And last time it was a box of candycorn. That one is still sitting on my counter. It's an ongoing joke between H and I. "What did **** bring for breakfast today??"
deliberateliterate 11:54 AM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by unregistered:
dcm brings 2 year old, said she had diarrhea and fever over the weekend day but no fever today so she should be "fine." sa kid is an annoying brat. i'm exhausted and don't even want to play with my own kids at the end of the day because doing daycare gas worn me out. I hate this job. I hate it i hate it i hate it. I'm only doing it for the money. Disclaimer: I'm awesome at my job. But i frigging hate it. Worst job ever. terrible pay. Terrible hours. Parents suck. Such a waste of my education.
ditto!!
LadyK8 06:36 AM 06-04-2014
Colic. I don't think I need to say anything else.
jgcp 04:15 PM 06-05-2014
Have watched a DCB for a year now. Grandma had custody of him cause mom was in rehab and dad wasnt around. Dad came around and got custody of him but grandma was still doing everything, drop offs pick ups and paying me when des ran out. Now mom is back and she is really trying buuuttt no one has paid me for 3 weeks and i gave them a bill AND had mom sign a new contract and explained that i needed to be paid so we could start new week fresh. Needless to say she never brough DCB the next day so i text her asking if she was at least going to bring the payment owed she said " i think ill bring it fri" ummm ok. Its thur should i send a text reminding her that she needs to pay tomorrow or wait till tomorrow??? I think i might drop? i really hate to only because im probably the only constant in his life right now any suggestions
LysesKids 05:01 PM 06-05-2014
Have watched a DCB for a year now. Grandma had custody of him cause mom was in rehab and dad wasnt around. Dad came around and got custody of him but grandma was still doing everything, drop offs pick ups and paying me when des ran out. Now mom is back and she is really trying buuuttt no one has paid me for 3 weeks and i gave them a bill AND had mom sign a new contract and explained that i needed to be paid so we could start new week fresh. Needless to say she never brough DCB the next day so i text her asking if she was at least going to bring the payment owed she said " i think ill bring it fri" ummm ok. Its thur should i send a text reminding her that she needs to pay tomorrow or wait till tomorrow??? I think i might drop? i really hate to only because im probably the only constant in his life right now any suggestions
You can't save every child regardless of feelings… you need to cover your butt; that means No pay, No stay. It's hard, but you can't work for free and obviously they are thinking you are a pushover because it's now week 3 and no pay. Does the contract state what happens when payment isn't made? You need to follow thru whether it's filing in court, termination or whatever.
jgcp 06:43 PM 06-05-2014
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
You can't save every child regardless of feelings… you need to cover your butt; that means No pay, No stay. It's hard, but you can't work for free and obviously they are thinking you are a pushover because it's now week 3 and no pay. Does the contract state what happens when payment isn't made? You need to follow thru whether it's filing in court, termination or whatever.
Yes, my contract states that if they dont pay then i wont be watching their child until they do. If she dosnt bring it tomorrow ( DCB is only here mondays and tuesdays) then ill just let her know i wont watch him till im paid previous weeks and current week. last time i let grandma know and they paid up but i feel like a tattle haha but im owed the money so i have no shame i think its time to term since this has been reacurring last month and this month
KSDC 12:43 PM 06-06-2014
So, it is community Bible School week in my small town - which is awesome.
But. (You knew there had to be a but in a vent, right?)

It ends each day at 11:45. I serve lunch at 11:30. I have two families that are attending, so I told them that I would be happy to rearrange my schedule for the week and serve lunch at noon. That gives them 15 minutes to pick up their darlings and bring them here. (less than a 5 minute drive.)

Fast-forward to today. Noon comes and goes. I am guessing that they had a performance of some sort and give them the benefit of the doubt. 12:15 comes and goes. 12:25 comes and I start texting both moms. The mom who was in charge of transport today doesn't answer. The other mom has no idea where they are. Says that it was supposed to be done by 11:30 today.

12:32 they come pulling up, drop the kids off at the sidewalk and drive away. Send me a text saying that things ran late. Only, the boys tell me that they were running around and playing for "a long time" at the end. Not involved in program that made them stay longer.

I have had their lunch sitting on the table for 30 minutes. I am fuming mad. I can understand the excitement and wanting to hang out. But, they KNEW I was holding lunch. I quick text to let me know that they were gong to be later than usual would have been great.

This meant we didn't get to play outside after out meal. Had to go straight to a short story-time and nap time.
Blackcat31 03:14 PM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by KSDC:
So, it is community Bible School week in my small town - which is awesome.
But. (You knew there had to be a but in a vent, right?)

It ends each day at 11:45. I serve lunch at 11:30. I have two families that are attending, so I told them that I would be happy to rearrange my schedule for the week and serve lunch at noon. That gives them 15 minutes to pick up their darlings and bring them here. (less than a 5 minute drive.)

Fast-forward to today. Noon comes and goes. I am guessing that they had a performance of some sort and give them the benefit of the doubt. 12:15 comes and goes. 12:25 comes and I start texting both moms. The mom who was in charge of transport today doesn't answer. The other mom has no idea where they are. Says that it was supposed to be done by 11:30 today.

12:32 they come pulling up, drop the kids off at the sidewalk and drive away. Send me a text saying that things ran late. Only, the boys tell me that they were running around and playing for "a long time" at the end. Not involved in program that made them stay longer.

I have had their lunch sitting on the table for 30 minutes. I am fuming mad. I can understand the excitement and wanting to hang out. But, they KNEW I was holding lunch. I quick text to let me know that they were gong to be later than usual would have been great.

This meant we didn't get to play outside after out meal. Had to go straight to a short story-time and nap time.
Aw, what a bummer.

BOTH that it happened AND that the parent was so rude about not letting you know.

Lesson learned...I don't rearrange my schedule for anyone. ever.

Thankfully, it's only for the week and things will be back to normal next week.
Naptime yet? 12:04 PM 06-10-2014
Dear DCD,

I know dcb is the most intelligent, cutest toddler you have ever seen, but I spend 40 hrs a week with him, I don't need the rundown of what he can do/does at home that is absolutely the best thing since sliced bread in your eyes. Please just leave and stop trying to coerce me into telling you how brilliant/gifted/special junior is! You obviously already know!

And btw, the annoying high pitched scream that comes from little precious? You can't tell me you find that adorable as well, can you? Is that why he's here during your time off?

Your humble provider.
sally 01:54 PM 06-10-2014
I had a daycare parent tell me they put swim suits for their boys in their cubbies so if I want to take them to the pool since I live close by I can. Hmmm I watch 6 kids ages 7,6,3,3,2 and 1. I don't ever want to try to watch that many kids that young at the pool by myself. Plus the fact that it costs $6.00 per person to even get into the pool and she didn't offer me any money to pay their way in! Sorry think we'll be staying home and they can play with the water table.
deliberateliterate 08:29 AM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by deliberateliterate:
In the past week, this kid had come with a giant container of open chocolate milk (that got taken from him before I even closed the door on DCD...not a battle I want to fight with the rest of my kids on why they can't have chocolate milk) - 50 grams of sugar!! And last time it was a box of candycorn. That one is still sitting on my counter. It's an ongoing joke between H and I. "What did **** bring for breakfast today??"
Yesterday it was a bottle of bright blue Gatorade. Because I want to deal with both the sugar high of this kid, as well as everyone else being grumpy because only he gets fun blue " juice"
Unregistered 12:26 PM 06-11-2014
I have two boys ...they are here right now actually, haha...posting anon because I am more comfortable that way.

seriously, these two kids give me chest pain. they are SO FREAKING ANNOYING!!!!!!! I have high blood pressure, I am on medication, and it was under control just fine until I got these two new boys in a few weeks ago. they are driving me insane. I want to DRINK after they leave! I have to go into urgent care later today (because I have no assigned doctor) to have my medication adjusted to help keep it down. I'm totally serious...and I feel really bad about it, but I just want to drop them!

at what point is it not worth it? I desperately need income. I really like their mom, but these kids drive me nuts. I don't want to ditch on them, but I am seriously trying to find some excuse not to watch them anymore. I have a couple of part time kids that are great and one full time child, but these two are on my last freaking nerve from the second they get here.

Would I be a jerk to bail on them? I don't like doing that and I think it is unprofessional but I am really scared about the chest pain!
craftymissbeth 12:46 PM 06-11-2014
I have two boys ...they are here right now actually, haha...posting anon because I am more comfortable that way.

seriously, these two kids give me chest pain. they are SO FREAKING ANNOYING!!!!!!! I have high blood pressure, I am on medication, and it was under control just fine until I got these two new boys in a few weeks ago. they are driving me insane. I want to DRINK after they leave! I have to go into urgent care later today (because I have no assigned doctor) to have my medication adjusted to help keep it down. I'm totally serious...and I feel really bad about it, but I just want to drop them!

at what point is it not worth it? I desperately need income. I really like their mom, but these kids drive me nuts. I don't want to ditch on them, but I am seriously trying to find some excuse not to watch them anymore. I have a couple of part time kids that are great and one full time child, but these two are on my last freaking nerve from the second they get here.

Would I be a jerk to bail on them? I don't like doing that and I think it is unprofessional but I am really scared about the chest pain!
The point where it started affecting your health is the point when it became not worth it, imo.
LysesKids 12:56 PM 06-11-2014

Personally health comes first… time to say goodbye. I've had to do it, not because of the kids but because of the parents; let 2 families go early on just over a year ago and my stress level and my blood pressure thanked me within 24 hours
TwinKristi 03:07 PM 06-11-2014
Gosh, I hate being a complainer but I swear, summer is going to kill me. My own SA kids are already on my nerves and it's only day 3!

I have a mom who is jobless, can't afford daycare and I have no idea if she's coming Monday with DCB and her fees or not. I hate kicking someone while they're down but she just doesn't seem to understand the contract and how things work here. I don't have a deposit from her because at the time it was only 2 days a week and literally weeks after getting my license and I didn't really do deposits at the time. Now she's 5 days a week and like 1/4 of my income. Plus this is the only real stability he has. Single mom, dad in jail... I get it but it still sucks.

I have been holding interviews almost daily for the last week and I'm really getting drained from them. I need to fill a spot, especially if DCB above leaves and it's been up and down. One mom got back to me today for a 3 day spot that she's choosing another provider closer to home (everyone who gives a reason says this is why...) and I'm waiting to hear back from 3 others now plus have 2 more interviews. I hate interviews

My 2yo DS has gotten himself on some crazy funky schedule and it's driving me nuts. He doesn't fall asleep until everyone leaves and if I keep him up without a nap he's a mess. I'm bummed that my once perfect nap schedule has been ruined by my own kid!!

I'm worried about what working with multiple PT families will bring. One mom was interested in FT but I won't know til after tomorrow and she doesn't even have a job yet! Now I'm down to all 1-2 day spots. :-( not ideal.

Financially I feel stressed and have depleted my savings. Losing another FT kid will really be tough on us and I just don't know what to do. I'm finding myself getting in a slump over this stuff much more now. It's hard to plan a budget when you have no idea what your income is on any given month for dh or myself now.
Sunshine74 08:03 PM 06-11-2014
It is 84* outside with 55% humidity, and DCG is wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Seriously?
2grls4us 10:36 AM 06-12-2014
All of the kids have snot noses this week. One is refusing to take a nap unless held.(10 mos) DCG has a cold Tues coughed through nap and woke everyone up early, is back today and coughing through nap. Just really getting burned out and counting down days til vacation week. I need a break!!
Then today my friend tells me she did a dope and drop. So I told her to be careful she might get termed for doing that. She says this is the first time I've done it at this daycare with him. He's now at a large daycare. The only other daycare he's been to was MINE! I suspected but never caught. Good to know now. She's also usually the first to complain shen someone brings their kids sick.
LysesKids 10:44 AM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
It is 84* outside with 55% humidity, and DCG is wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Seriously?
You want my 6 month old baby that gets put into not one, but 2 onsies, long pants, socks, shoes, hat & jacket in 80+ weather? You guessed it, I strip the little boy as soon as parents leave and put it all back on just before pick-up… oh and heaven forbid I take him out in the sun for even 5 minutes… shade only
Play Care 11:02 AM 06-12-2014
The kids have been so wound up this week, I hoping next week goes back to normal because I can't take it!
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25  ... Last
Reply Up