Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Abigail's Avatar
Abigail Abigail is offline
Child Care Provider
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 2,414
Default Extended Leave Policy

This is what I have so far. I'm thinking about adding a thid paragraph about holding fees for those wanting to enroll a second or third child, but right now it's basically extended leave. Is there another name I should title this section because it's not technically a "leave" if the child can attend part time, it is really a temporary change in status.

Also, do I need to have all the numbers written down and this contract would already serve for when someone may use the extended leave or do I have a separate contract to be signed stating dates and rates?
Extended Leave
Extended leave due to illness (therefore no notice given), client pays the full weekly rate for the first two weeks. Additional time missed after the initial two weeks of absence will be half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to twelve weeks. The first week returning to care will be pro-rated.

Extended leave for maternity leave, summer vacations, or any other form of extended leave will require a two-week written notice and will pay half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to twelve weeks. Child may attend care during this time on an agreed upon consistent two days a week schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-24-2011, 01:13 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
This is what I have so far. I'm thinking about adding a thid paragraph about holding fees for those wanting to enroll a second or third child, but right now it's basically extended leave. Is there another name I should title this section because it's not technically a "leave" if the child can attend part time, it is really a temporary change in status.

Also, do I need to have all the numbers written down and this contract would already serve for when someone may use the extended leave or do I have a separate contract to be signed stating dates and rates?
Extended Leave
Extended leave due to illness (therefore no notice given), client pays the full weekly rate for the first two weeks. Additional time missed after the initial two weeks of absence will be half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to twelve weeks. The first week returning to care will be pro-rated.

Extended leave for maternity leave, summer vacations, or any other form of extended leave will require a two-week written notice and will pay half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to twelve weeks. Child may attend care during this time on an agreed upon consistent two days a week schedule.
sounds almost exactly like mine, except I only give 6 weeks for maternity leave and only those that are full time can use the DC two days a week.

What if you have a child that attends only two days a week or 3? then allowing them to pay half rate and still come for two days means you are doing the same amount of work as before with a lot less pay.....

This is why I dont want to take any more part time kids......
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Abigail's Avatar
Abigail Abigail is offline
Child Care Provider
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 2,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
sounds almost exactly like mine, except I only give 6 weeks for maternity leave and only those that are full time can use the DC two days a week.

What if you have a child that attends only two days a week or 3? then allowing them to pay half rate and still come for two days means you are doing the same amount of work as before with a lot less pay.....

This is why I dont want to take any more part time kids......
Good point. My "perfect" vision is only full timers so that is my viewpoint. I'll go in and adjust it. Does this sound better?

Extended Leave
Extended leave due to illness (therefore no notice given), client pays the full weekly rate for the first two weeks. Additional time missed after the initial two weeks of absence will be half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to six weeks. The first week returning to care will be pro-rated.

Extended leave for maternity leave, summer vacations, or any other form of extended leave for full time enrollment will require a two-week written notice and will pay half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to six weeks. A full time child may attend care during this time on an agreed upon consistent two days a week schedule. Extended leave for part time enrollment is not available.

Last edited by Abigail; 03-24-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-24-2011, 01:32 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
Good point. My "perfect" vision is only full timers so that is my viewpoint. I'll go in and adjust it. Does this sound better?

Extended Leave
Extended leave due to illness (therefore no notice given), client pays the full weekly rate for the first two weeks. Additional time missed after the initial two weeks of absence will be half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to six weeks. The first week returning to care will be pro-rated.

Extended leave for maternity leave, summer vacations, or any other form of extended leave for full time enrollment will require a two-week written notice and will pay half the weekly rate to hold the spot for up to six weeks. A full time child may attend care during this time on an agreed upon consistent two days a week schedule. Extended leave for part time enrollment is not available.
you write so magical.....lol

I love it!

but maybe someone has better advice....lol

I still have not given out my PHB because I keep comming across situations on here that make me realize I have to change something.....lol
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Abigail's Avatar
Abigail Abigail is offline
Child Care Provider
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 2,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
you write so magical.....lol

I love it!

but maybe someone has better advice....lol

I still have not given out my PHB because I keep comming across situations on here that make me realize I have to change something.....lol
Thanks. I'm the same as you for learning more and more, but I'm also lucky because I can't open my own daycare until we buy a house which might be this summer if we find one we like. I'm planning to be ready by summer so all this paperwork can be done. I'm also going to prepare a drop-in contract as well so I can start getting clients to spread word of mouth to help fill my openings.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
contract, extended leave, half rate, lower rates, maternity leave, policy, rules, two week notice, vacation

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DC Family Leave Of Absence/Maternity Leave/Holding Spots MARSTELAC Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 02-17-2011 09:04 AM
Extended Absences What’s Your Policy? lvt77 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 10 02-09-2011 01:19 PM
Hours in Daycare MissAnn Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 26 01-27-2011 04:32 AM
Sibiling Discounts and Extended Leave Policy SilverSabre25 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 5 01-19-2011 07:06 AM
Extended Leave for Parent Surgery? AfterSchoolMom Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 3 10-25-2010 06:51 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:27 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming