Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Don't Come And Whine To Me
countrymom 06:42 AM 11-22-2010
because I could care less!!! its these parents who need to take a day off so they can put up christmas tree decorations, or their house is messy or they need to buy groceries.... How do they all think I do it with 4 kids of my own, I would love to dump them off so I can get things done but I can't (maybe its more guilt) but don't come and whine that you can't do anything. And all my parents have 2 kids that one is a school ager and one is a preschooler.
Blackcat31 06:46 AM 11-22-2010
AGREED!!! I have a parent who actually told me that her family is going to have a toatally disorganized holiday thanks to me! I normally close the week after Christmas, but this year I am closing the week before and she said she will NEVER be able to get anything done since the kids can't be at childcare those days. Her kids are 3 and 1/2 and 6! Good kids too! But hey, thanks for saying it is my fault!!!! Hope she gets coal in her stocking!!
DCMom 06:59 AM 11-22-2010
Ok, don't tell anyone but I have a super light day today (ONLY 5 kids ) and I am finishing up the painting in my family room, doing the laundry and baking cookies.

The dc kids think it is the coolest thing because they are getting the run of the house rather than having to stay in the 'daycare area' and I'm getting my stuff done.

How do these parents function on the weekends?
SandeeAR 07:14 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by DCMom:
Ok, don't tell anyone but I have a super light day today (ONLY 5 kids ) and I am finishing up the painting in my family room, doing the laundry and baking cookies.

The dc kids think it is the coolest thing because they are getting the run of the house rather than having to stay in the 'daycare area' and I'm getting my stuff done.

How do these parents function on the weekends?
It's all in what your use to LOL. I'm thinking today would be hard b/c I have 5, instead of my usual 3-4!
DCMom 07:45 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
It's all in what your use to LOL. I'm thinking today would be hard b/c I have 5, instead of my usual 3-4!
True! My usual is 9, so for me it's a light day! Especially when 2 of them still take morning naps
boysx5 08:19 AM 11-22-2010
I also laugh I have five sons of my own plus six daycare kids and I manage to get all the stuff I need to do. Is it better doing it alone sure but its not an option so you do what you have to do.
elle73 09:41 AM 11-22-2010
I have a dcm that has my daughter over for playdates on the weekend because she can get her housework done without her daughter bothering her, lucky for her the girls actually like each other and love playing together. I do all my housework with my kids around why can't they?
countrymom 10:01 AM 11-22-2010
I agree with all you guys, I just don't understand why they can't do anything when their kids are around. So what do these parents do, sit on the couch all weekend. This is driving me crazy lately because I'm finding more and more parents are complaining. I also get "well, you like to hang out with kids" sure I do, but I don't want to hang out with your kids all the time, I have my own.
And you wonder why I feel like I'm the mom to these kids (there was a post about this) think about it, we do everything with these kids that their parents can't/won't do so what do you call that, I call it part time parents.
VTMom 10:41 AM 11-22-2010
This made me laugh. I've only been open a year (almost) and had my kids in daycare before that. I found it way easier to get all my holiday stuff done when I was working outside of the home. I could run out on my lunch breaks! It all seems a faint memory now!

I just had a mom that was upset with me because my kids were with their Dad upstairs, which is off limits to the daycare kids, when he had his day off for Veteran's day. She had the day off, as did her husband, but she didn't think it was fair that my kids were upstairs and hers weren't. I explained (again) that it was off limits due to regs and that my husband had the day off and wanted to spend it with his kids, not with daycare kids. She still couldn't understand what the big deal was. What I wanted to say is "why do you expect my husband to spend his day off with your kids when you didn't choose to?".

Off topic, I know. The not being able to see things from the other side got me thinking about this (again). Sorry.
kitkat 10:47 AM 11-22-2010
I totally agree! I would love to be able to drop my kids off somewhere so I could go run errands. But you know what? I'm their parent and it's my job to take care of them. So where I go, they go. Does it suck sometimes? Heck yeah, but if I wasn't going to take care of them, then why would I bring them into this world to begin with? I would love to say to some parents: put on your big boy/girl undies and deal with it!

Sorry for sounding so grumpy. I struggle with this whole thing of dumping your kids some where so you can do something.
laundrymom 10:50 AM 11-22-2010
I had a mom who got angry that when my kids are home from school I dont make them take a nap,.they are 9,12,17 and 19.. they also get to go in my own bedroom and watch disney or whatever, or play music or watch movies in their rooms,..I told her that their dad didnt pay me enough for daycare so I wasnt including them in daily activities. . she also said she wasnt happy that my husband would pick them up and take them to lunch... .without taking hers. I said,.. well you are welcome to have your husband pick up your child and take her and not them to lunch if you want,.. just like my husband does,... she didnt last long.
VTMom 11:00 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I had a mom who got angry that when my kids are home from school I dont make them take a nap,.they are 9,12,17 and 19.. they also get to go in my own bedroom and watch disney or whatever, or play music or watch movies in their rooms,..I told her that their dad didnt pay me enough for daycare so I wasnt including them in daily activities. . she also said she wasnt happy that my husband would pick them up and take them to lunch... .without taking hers. I said,.. well you are welcome to have your husband pick up your child and take her and not them to lunch if you want,.. just like my husband does,... she didnt last long.
This makes me feel so much better... it's not just me! I've been stewing on this for a couple weeks.
misol 01:03 PM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by VTMom:
This made me laugh. I've only been open a year (almost) and had my kids in daycare before that. I found it way easier to get all my holiday stuff done when I was working outside of the home. I could run out on my lunch breaks! It all seems a faint memory now!

I just had a mom that was upset with me because my kids were with their Dad upstairs, which is off limits to the daycare kids, when he had his day off for Veteran's day. She had the day off, as did her husband, but she didn't think it was fair that my kids were upstairs and hers weren't. I explained (again) that it was off limits due to regs and that my husband had the day off and wanted to spend it with his kids, not with daycare kids. She still couldn't understand what the big deal was. What I wanted to say is "why do you expect my husband to spend his day off with your kids when you didn't choose to?".

Off topic, I know. The not being able to see things from the other side got me thinking about this (again). Sorry.
You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!! I am not surprised that they didn't last long.
elle73 04:14 PM 11-22-2010
laundrymom I have a mother that is like this as well, she just said one day oh dcg wants to know if your daughter goes out with dad can she tag along, or if my daughter goes on a playdate can her daugther go with her, she even thought it would be a good idea my husband left my son at home just so he could take her daughter instead to a playdate with my daughter. I just don't get these parents, I let her know that no he would not take dcg with him, I"m the one watching her not him. And now everytime my husband takes our kids somewhere dcg asks me all day long why she can't go with them arrrrhhhhhhhh!!!
laundrymom 05:52 PM 11-22-2010
I do treat the kids like family dont get me wrong,.. but my own kids give up enough already, they are nt giving up lunches with daddy!!! Last summer it was the pool, I have 17 and 19 yr old kids, they would swim with my own kids in my back yard during the summer,.... my sa kids parents would get mad because they couldnt swim. Sorry,.. they are spending quality time with their older sibling, who will be grown and gone before I knowit and its not their responsibility to watch them in the pool. ugh.

Originally Posted by elle73:
laundrymom I have a mother that is like this as well, she just said one day oh dcg wants to know if your daughter goes out with dad can she tag along, or if my daughter goes on a playdate can her daugther go with her, she even thought it would be a good idea my husband left my son at home just so he could take her daughter instead to a playdate with my daughter. I just don't get these parents, I let her know that no he would not take dcg with him, I"m the one watching her not him. And now everytime my husband takes our kids somewhere dcg asks me all day long why she can't go with them arrrrhhhhhhhh!!!

countrymom 05:29 AM 11-23-2010
I have to agree, our own children give up so much that sometimes they want a break too. This is why when I post that I feel like I'm raising other children because thats exactly what I'm doing, the daycare kids do everything my own children do and get eat what my own children eat, so where does it stop.
momma2girls 05:35 AM 11-23-2010
I had a mother tell me last week, her colicy and seperation anxiety 7 month old would only be here on Mon. of this week, due to her being a teacher, and having the entire week off. So Mon. evening she came thru the door, and told me- I know I told you that he would only be here on Mon. but in case he is very crabby, and I can't get anything done, I will call you on Tues. and Wed. WHAT???????? Sorry I will not be answering the phone, plus I made plans today(TUes.) I don't have any children, just my own. Then Wed. I have 2 school aged children, and my own 2- we are going to go to the Mall and see Santa!! SO tough!!! I already made plans!!!!!! It will be interesting to see if she calls either day!!!! I didn't tell her any of this, when she told me about possibly bringing him all day on Tues. and Wed.!!!!
laundrymom 05:59 AM 11-23-2010
Make sure u lock the door.
nikia 06:06 AM 11-23-2010
Isn't that just sad that we have to do that on days even when we are not expecting kids? I even had a parent walk in my house at 7:30 at night because she said she thought she forgot something. Her child left at 3:30 pm. I love the kids, but my time is my time and if Im closed for the day I dont feel its right for someone to just walk in my house or when I do not expect to have their kids for the day.
momma2girls 06:34 AM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by nikia:
Isn't that just sad that we have to do that on days even when we are not expecting kids? I even had a parent walk in my house at 7:30 at night because she said she thought she forgot something. Her child left at 3:30 pm. I love the kids, but my time is my time and if Im closed for the day I dont feel its right for someone to just walk in my house or when I do not expect to have their kids for the day.
OMG!!! What is wrong with parents these days? Your house is your private house, especially after daycare hrs.!!!
momma2girls 06:34 AM 11-23-2010
I do anyways all the time!! Thanks!!! We will see if she calls me at all!!!!
Tags:bad parent, paid days
Reply Up