Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Family Quit On Me - I Feel So Happy Now

I was feeling so down last week about daycare and I finally know now what it was. It was this ONE family who had a sibling situation here. I've had SO many problems with them over the past 2 years... The mom was crazy (talked way too much - very manipulative) and her kids seemed to bring every disease possible into the daycare. Also the DCG was a 3 yr old bully... always finding someone to hit or push.

She gave me a 2 week notice due to them moving 30 minutes away and I was SO happy to hear it. I tried to "pretend" to be disappointed, but after I hung up the phone, I was dancing around the house with joy! lol

It sucks to have to try to replace TWO kids but at least she came today and paid for the last 2 weeks in cash and took all their things. So I have 2 weeks to try to find at least one replacement.

This reminds me why I should avoid sibling situations though. When they do leave, it really takes a big chunk of income along with them. Even if I'll be a little poor for awhile - I dont care. Just having them gone was a God send to me!! Thank you Jesus! I feel a renewed sense of love for doing daycare now!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Daycare.com Member

enjoy the calmness you now feel
Old 05-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

enjoy!!!
I am sure you will feel like a huge weight has been lifted!!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Running away from home

I've had that same feeling! I had a family leave me high and dry once and it was the BEST thing to happen to me. I didn't realize how much I resented them and all the problems they really created until they were gone.

Blessing in disguise??
Old 05-23-2011, 12:26 PM

Great that she paid you AND isn't coming back. That's a nice mini vacation.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:39 PM

When one door closes another opens. So glad it is working out on it's own.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:47 PM

Yeah! Glad you're feeling better!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Thank You :)

Thank you!! Yes I am feeling so much better. Its amazing how one family can stress me out so much. So glad they are gooooone I'm praying for a nice family to come soon!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:58 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Thats awesome! Wish I had seen this before I suggested ya dropping somekids in the other thread lol
Thats how I felt when I got notices the last week or so too
Old 05-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Daycare.com Member

We have actually had a good time making up "dream ads" (we never posted them)
childcare available-no psycho parents-no biting kids-no we won't raise your kids for 16 hours a day- and just leave the kids on the porch and ring the bell so we don't have to deal with your drama
Old 05-24-2011, 08:29 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
childcare available-no psycho parents-no biting kids-no we won't raise your kids for 16 hours a day- and just leave the kids on the porch and ring the bell so we don't have to deal with your drama
This is good!! HA!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
That is awesome! Wish I could post an ad like that! hahaha

Tags
2 week notice, terminated